TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Health Shield object warped

Health Shield object warped

I've noticed in working to replace the health shields, the engine seems to warp the original shape. It almost bloats them wider.

I had a pretty uniform shield then in-game it's so warped it runs into the shield next to it. I make it skinnier horizontally but then it just looks like garbage because it wasn't built or textured with this in mind.

Does anyone know if there is any other place this shield is controlled so I can stop this? THANKS!

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    -You could do a new shield models or replace it. It's shield2.bin in /obj
    There are other models for the health bar available
    http://spirited-tech.com/thief/2015/...face-by-cosas/
    http://spirited-tech.com/thief/2015/...eld-by-schwaa/
    -You could try to make the hpbar smaller. A setting in dark.cfg controls the look
    hpbar_zoom 60 (60 is default)
    Set it to 70-90 to make it smaller.
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 2nd Jan 2019 at 10:41.

Hey thanks! I didn't realize there were other health shield models built in to UI. I know there is multiple light-gems, some never used but if you make the right bin name, it appears. The zoom has to be the ticket, but I did end up finding a 1x1 DU object worked out fine. So my shields look good. But I also have a realistic skull, hmmm might make some variations and put it to a vote. I will play with the zoom and see what has correct x2 scaling so they aren't so rugged looking.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    -You could do a new shield models or replace it. It's uicry01.bin to uicry16.bin in /obj
    Uh, those aren't health shield models. Those are the light gem ("cry"stal) models.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    The health shield model is shield2.bin IIRC.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Fixed.

I'm just wondering if your screen resolution's aspect ratio caused the health shields to looked like they are stretched out in the horizontal diminsion.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Also note that there will be more space between them on higher difficulties compared to Normal.

Odd I wasn't getting updates on this thread. Thanks everyone, I'm aware though of the shield2.bin, this is how I've done it for this and other projects. I just noticed they are more bloated than you'd expect, but I think this is the zoom. Maybe haven't tested because 1x1 DU object looks fine. I know there will be spacing on harder, which is find, I want to see what it will be on easy to prevent overlapping. I think I'm good now. I am going to maybe do the skull from the skull lantern, this metal shield I'm doing now, or something else. Might do a poll at the dev thread.