TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: An Unofficial Underworld 3, by a Totally New Company!

Digital Nightfall

An Unofficial Underworld 3, by a Totally New Company!

I've seen screens and videos of it, and I am very excited and enthusiastic. TTLG is going to do a full interview with the developers within the next few days. It's being done by no-one you've ever heard of... in fact, it's their very first game. They don't have a publisher yet, and almost no-one knows about them. It's going to be up to us to make sure they get the publicity they need to make this game see light of day. I hope I can get you guys more details soon.

Rygar33

DOH!! But but... (sputter wheeze)

I NEED MORE INFO!!!!

HOLY COW, MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!

Is it called "Ultima" and "Underworld"? Does that mean they bought rights? Doing what Irrational did with SSHOCK 2? Or is the same in everything but the name? Any of the people that worked on the first 2 working on this. I need MORE!

Thanks a LOT man - like I'll get ANY sleep tonight : ). Don't leave us hangin' long! Woo-hoo!

YOU SEE SOME SPACEY TWINKLES

------------------
    Cannot use microwave oven

Digital Nightfall

Don't count your chicks before they're hatched. This is not going to be Ultima Underworld 3, but rather a totally new game which draws heavy influence from Ultima Underworld. UW is the dev team's favorite game, and they wanted to create a game which carried on the UW tradition. From what I've seen and head so far, they have a very good start, but they are going to need support from powers that be in order to make sure that this game doesn't die before it's born.

Ringwraith

Aaarrrrrrgggghh!!

Just a little teaser and then nothing!!?! How could you do that to us...

Nedan

Damn you Digital Nightfall... give us Underworlders weblinks, the company name, the gamename even.

ANYTHING DANGIT... please?

Pretty please... I'll be your best friend. I won't call you "Digi" anymore.

Nedan whispers to everybody else here:
    Shhhhh, quite guys... I've never called him Digi before but don't let him know that

LOL!

Seriously, come on Digital Nightfall... don't leave us hanging here on a thread. Tell us man... this is pure torture & you very well know it.

------------------
    Nedan - "Every company dies... not every company truly lives."

[This message has been edited by Nedan (edited June 21, 2000).]

Scottish-Whisky

Yeah, come on man, tell it, SPREAD THE WORDS.

whisky

------------------
    Bennies bodyguard and proud member of the SPCB.

Saam

heheh...you all are too funny. Yeah, the game looks quite good, and I hope the TTLG community can be the ones that will support this game from day one. Just wait a bit and you'll get the information soon enough.

money

Oh wow. if this is as cool as it sounds, it'll make Underworld Dragon very very happy...

Digital Nightfall

Guys... you get to have a first look at the interview before it goes public.

HERE IT IS!!
    http://www.ttlg.com/articles/arx1.asp

money

Here's the Arx homepage:
    http://www.arkane-studios.com/games.html

[This message has been edited by money (edited June 21, 2000).]

Rygar33

Hoo baby! Just look at dem red and blue balls! Wondered if I'd ever see the day.

Happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy ....

------------------
    Cannot use microwave oven

[This message has been edited by Rygar33 (edited June 21, 2000).]

VeZius Dragon

This game looks perfect!! I WANT IT!!

Nedan

Ultima Underworld 3 has arrived my friends... & it is called Arx.

I am definately buying my copy. Please release this wonderful game. The Underworld legacy lives on!

------------------
    Nedan - "Every company dies... not every company truly lives."

Chiller

Well, it looks pretty cool.
    However, due to previous experience(s), I'll avoid being too enthusiastic.
    Since it's their first game, though, I expect much from it (because nearly always first games rule and sequels suck - and no, I'm not talking under the influence of Thief. Well, maybe just a little... )
    Anyway, time shall tell...

-Chiller

jim the hairy

Looks cool. French company I see. I particularly like the bit about casting spells by drawing the runes with your mouse. That has promise.

------------------
    "All hail McVyvyan, Thane of Corridor"

Boreal

Arkane studios has released a new screenshot of ARX: http://www.ga-source.com/cgi-bin/gai...es/10/arx1.jpg

Steezo

HAAAAPEE'M SO HAAAAAPEEE

bonk

Boreal

Another new screenshot popped up at: http://www.arkane-studios.com/dormitory-800.jpg It's not as cool as the last one, IMHO, but well worth checking out. Also, Arkane Studios wants us, the games future audience, to give them feedback on what features we'd like to see in the game. Send your ideas and suggestions to: information@arkane-studios.com