TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Why no manual? Really frustrated!

Why no manual? Really frustrated!

I finally bought this game, and I'm really disappointed with the lack of manual [either paper or disc]. It's not at all clear how to do the most basic things. I found out how to run by accident - I still don't know how to jump. I've been in a fight, my health is low, but I've no idea how to restore it. The 'tutorial' part at the beginning is minimal - how to walk and interact, and how to equip weapons is about as far as it goes. There's no info on key bindings.

I've had a look for sites which give the most basic information but so far haven't been able to find any. Do you know of any? Or could anyone give me a clue how to restore health, etc.?

I just got the Game of the Year edition (in the UK), and that comes with a pretty comprehensive hardcopy manual (all skills, spells, races and birth stars are described, for example). I would be completely lost without it (as opposed to only somewhat lost when I started). As a starter, try going into the options, looking at the controls to see what key does what. Then try to find out why the manual was missing...

Thank you for your reply, Pixie. That's very strange. I've got the Game of the Year edition too - I bought it new, sealed. It has 4 discs [including the construction set, Tribunal and Bloodmoon] but no manual.

Is there anywhere I can find this information online? I can't find it on the official site - or anywhere for that matter.
    Last edited by Scarlet; 8th Oct 2006 at 09:11.

Morrowind.TTLG.com

Some copies have the manual as a PDF file on the CD.

Press [ESC] and go to controls, that'll tell you which keys do what.

It didn't take long (maybe a day) for me to figure it out, why are you having so much trouble?

Why am I having so much trouble? Well, I'm not now thanks to people here! I thought it best to ask rather than struggle on.

Strange you didn't get a manual, if you haven't figured it out already to restore health either rest in a bed (by activating it) or in the wilderness (by pressing t), or casting a heal spell on yourself or by drinking a restore health potion (done via your inventory).

Thank you, Pisces!

There IS a manual on one of the CDs - I was looking for a pdf, but it's in a separate folder. It would be nice to have a slip of paper or a 'read me' file though, for a bit of guidance.