TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Can you make “constant effect” enchanted items.

Can you make “constant effect” enchanted items.

I know (at least in morrowind) there are constant effect enchanted items you can find, can you enchant your own if you get to a high enough level of enchanting?

There is no "level of Enchanting" because there is no Enchanting skill any more. Any item that can be worn can have a constant effect enchantment (and only a constant effect enchantment) put on it at an enchanting alter, provided that you have the gold, the soul gem, and access to the alter.

Well that sucks, that there’s no enchanting skill anymore.

Hmm, so they’re all constant affect now that’s strange you never have to recharge them with soul gems them?

Weapons are all cast on strike and staffs are all cast when used so you have to charge them up. And the max power you can do when enchanting constant effect is now determined by the strength of the soul not the enchanting value of the object, so you can enchant things with rat souls but the enchantment will be really weak.

I thought it was always a matter of the soul, and the gem size simply woudl simply show which could hold a larger soul.....

is Best Pony
    He's not referring to the size of the Soul Gem; in Morrowind objects to be empowered also had an enchanting value.

It was possible to make your own constant effect enchanted items in Morrowind...you just needed a soul in a grand soul gem or Azura's star, and it needed to be worth 80k or up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    enchanting constant effect is now determined by the strength of the soul not the enchanting value of the object, so you can enchant things with rat souls but the enchantment will be really weak.
    Well that’s an improvement (IMO anyway) it seamed like besides rings there was never anything that could do much of an enchantment in Morrowind.

One more question can you get your arrows enchanted now?

I think it is an improvement too, and now you can't wear armour with clothing so unarmoured has the same enchanting power as armoured now, though certain clothing won't let you were gloves (iron wrists are the only non modded gloves) and you can't wear most robes with pants or a shirt.

Not sure about enchanting arrows since I don't think I have ever tried but I am fairly certain that you can't, you could enchant arrows (or throwing stars atleast) in MW but you had to do it one at a time and they wouldn't stack so it was annoying.

You couldn’t do arrows in morrowind.

One more question can you get your arrows enchanted now?
    No. The only way to get enchanted arrows is to take them as loot, and they're frickin' rare.

There's a mod that lets you make arrows. You can make enchanted arrows, like an arrow that does 5 fire damage, as well as use bone or silver lying around to make arrows. It's not bad for the archers out there.