TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3813181920212223

Thread: T2 FM: Heartcliff Islands (August 21st, 2015)

Thanks for the help, but I still have problems:

1. I tried to get enhancement vision potion, but I tried for hour to mix dead rat blood with blessed water. I can't drink these potions and I heard there is a special way of mixing them. I tried their holy versions. Holy blood I can drink, but it does nothing. Holy water is just blessing my water arrows. Drinking both of them doesn't give me improved vision potion. I tried to drop one ingredient and use on it second ingredient, but this too doesn't work. I really have no idea what to do.

2. I can't find explosive device anywhere. There is no such thing in armoury. Only couple of mines. Which means I can't progress main objective.

I also have no idea how to solve other 2 optional objectives:

3. I tried to get pirate treasure. I believe it's in pirate cave, which is accessible through underwater passage at the north of main island. I read about this in walkthrough. The problem is that I can only see 2 underwater caves at north and they both lead to prison area.

4. I also have a problem with doing sabotage. I put metal rod between gears of generator on small island. But nothing happened. Generator is disabled and to do anything I probably need to turn it on, but I have no idea how.

And out of curiosity:

5. What's the intended way out of prison? Thanks to walkthrough I found a secret by shooting red switch through a grate and that led me out of prison. But this is really awkward secret and can't be intended way out. This really bug me. How to get out of prison intended way?

After so many hours of playing I have decided to give up. This mission is too much for me. I can play with lag at center of main island. Main island works like maze, I got lost there a lot of times. It's annoying, but I can live with that. But using cryptic stuff without explanation how to do that is so frustrating. Just reading walkthrough was enough to give me a headache. Most of the solutions require from player to just know what to do. There is no explanation. That's so unfair, but the thing that annoyed me the most was eternal darkness. No matter of gamma setting shadow will always be black. The only solution is lantern, but it's range is very small. That's why exploring the island and water is just no fun. There is this darkness even in houses on small island! What the hell! There is normal shadow in main complex, but on small island there must be eternal darkness everywhere. Pretty much even with lantern I still feel blind.

In conclusion, this mission is just not for me. I admire all people that managed to beat this mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    5. What's the intended way out of prison? Thanks to walkthrough I found a secret by shooting red switch through a grate and that led me out of prison. But this is really awkward secret and can't be intended way out. This really bug me. How to get out of prison intended way?
    If you get into the ventilation system you will eventually find an exit to the sewers. You can get out from there. Look for a low crawl tunnel, being careful to avoid the patrolling haunt.

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    If you get into the ventilation system you will eventually find an exit to the sewers. You can get out from there. Look for a low crawl tunnel, being careful to avoid the patrolling haunt.
    Wait, isn't key for ventilation outside prison?

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Wait, isn't key for ventilation outside prison?
    Not all ventilation grilles inside the prison are locked.

I walked through the whole topic, but did not find a single question about where to get the ashes. It looks as if it lies somewhere in a prominent place. Where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    I walked through the whole topic, but did not find a single question about where to get the ashes. It looks as if it lies somewhere in a prominent place. Where is it?
    mini-hint: Actually You need to burn something to get it :)

***UPDATE****
    It is something to do with bloom. I disabled postprocessing in cam_ext and I was able to see....

Brand new install with tfix2 .... getting the whole water area where the white dew drop is turn the screen 100% white, anyone ever find a fix for this?
    Last edited by vincentlancon; 9th Jun 2019 at 23:33.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3813181920212223