TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Reading: Amnesty International Report

Brem_X_Jones

Reading: Amnesty International Report

Salut.
    http://www.web.amnesty.org/web/ar2000web.nsf/ar2000

Look up whatever country you're in and tell us what you think.

KG

Morte

Six conscientious objectors in Finland -- who refused to carry out civilian service because of its punitive length -- were also considered prisoners of conscience.
    I am unspeakably proud. We´re listed among such fine examples as Belarus, Russia and Turkey. Wohoo.

Despot

Argh! William Jefferson Clinton is still the President of the United States! I knew this election was all a sham...

------------------
    • An Underground view of Thief
    Dark Engineering progresses
    • Madness down the Rabbit Hole
    All the latest Conspiracies
    And a master plan to rule them all.

liquiddark

As usual, the international community is too intimidated to call Canada down to the dirt

Hurrah for we!

ld

"If I hear one more time About a fool's right To his tools of rage/I'm gonna take all my friends And I'm gonna move to Canada And we're gonna die of old age" - Ani Di., To The Teeth

The Idiot

UK:

"AI was concerned by proposed new legislation, including the Terrorism Bill and the Freedom of Information Bill, which appeared to restrict further the rights to freedom of expression and association."

You're not joking. The powers they now have are strangely worrying. If I give a speech (hah!), and there is a member of any government designated terrorist group in the audience, I can be banged up. Let's hope the terrorists don't have any spare time to attend local council meetings, games conventions, etc.

------------------
    "So you're really quite a play actor?" Raskolnikov asked, casually.