TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Let's make this Kickstarter and the game for it more successful than Hogwarts Legacy

Let's make this Kickstarter and the game for it more successful than Hogwarts Legacy

So quick introduction first: I am a trans developer and content creator, escaped from the far right ages ago, currently making Sass VS Fash: Girlballs of Steel, a retro FPS game inspired by Wolfenstein with a transgender protagonist. Here's the link:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...balls-of-steel

What I'm willing to try to do is make this Kickstarter and this game more successful than Hogwarts Legacy, that TERF game, and make this game JK Rowling's worst nightmare. I know this kinda sounds bonkers, but it would be definitely funnier than whatever the TERF writer would say.

...Welcome to TTLG, I suppose. You'll find this is a bad place to drum up support for Kickstarters; outside of the Thief subforums, there's just too little traffic. However, it's a good place for intelligent discussions, should you stick around for those. TTLG is even a decently trans-friendly place nowadays, though I think June Gloom and I are the only quasi-active transgender members.

I think there's an audience for a Postal-like comedic, anarchic FPS starring someone other than a cis white dude, but I also think you'd have to prove yourself independently before expecting success in Kickstarter. The gold-rush days of Kickstarter are long past, and backers aren't willing to fund an unproven developer anymore. And something like this would be doubly hard, since you'd need bona fides both as an FPS developer and as a comedic writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic Fox View Post
    ...Welcome to TTLG, I suppose. You'll find this is a bad place to drum up support for Kickstarters; outside of the Thief subforums, there's just too little traffic. However, it's a good place for intelligent discussions, should you stick around for those. TTLG is even a decently trans-friendly place nowadays, though I think June Gloom and I are the only quasi-active transgender members.

I think there's an audience for a Postal-like comedic, anarchic FPS starring someone other than a cis white dude, but I also think you'd have to prove yourself independently before expecting success in Kickstarter. The gold-rush days of Kickstarter are long past, and backers aren't willing to fund an unproven developer anymore. And something like this would be doubly hard, since you'd need bona fides both as an FPS developer and as a comedic writer.
    Yes, I'm fully aware that running a Kickstarter like this these days is pretty hard, I'll give you that. I might not have the experience as an FPS developer sort of, but I do have the experience as a game developer in general, just enough so I could practically do some things on my own. That's why I did all I could to showcase my little portfolio of games in the same Kickstarter.

Whatever the case, running this Kickstarter feels a bit like a gamble, but if it succeeds, especially over Hogwarts Legacy, it should be funny.