TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 38131415161718

Thread: The Thief Enhancement Pack

So you're talking about thief 2?

Here's mine, but change to the drive letters (and folders) that are relevant to your computer:

Code:
    cd_path E:\
    install_path C:\games\Thief2
    language english
    resname_base .\EP+C:\games\Thief2\res+E:\thief2
    load_path C:\games\Thief2+E:\thief2
    script_module_path C:\games\Thief2+E:\thief2
    movie_path C:\games\Thief2\movies+E:\thief2\movies
    Also, I might be wrong on this, but just putting . like how you have it doesn't work. It has to be .\

Nv
    I just have a few questions

In what order does dark parse the *.cfg's
    For example:

What order is the load order?

The only one directly read is cam.cfg.
    It reads what else to read from there. For T2, the order would be:

cam.cfg
    user.cfg
    dromed.cfg
    darkinst.cfg

Thanks NV.

I can't get EP1 working whatever I do. And since I can't get EP1 working, I'm thinking maybe the 1.18 added crf's isn't used. So this drove me to merge the original res\*.crf's with the patched ones, but nothing.

The 1.18 patch puts stuff in the main folder, but nothing is mentioned in "darkinst.cfg" points to it, telling it to use it.

Does T2 check the main folder first, then parse "darkinst.cfg"?
    if so, in what order does it use the paths found?

Does
    .\EP+.\res
    mean check main folder first, then check if there's a ep.crf, then a ep folder, then a res.crf then a res folder. Or does it parse backwards?

I never had this problem before, and I've helped others fix their problems for years. So I'm kinda baffled.
    My main drive died and some of my hardware. so I'm pretty much on a new puter, an have lost all my T2 settings (and source for anything I have ever written. I'm a programmer too).

But I've never had this problem before. If I load up Party, then turn around and look at the bell, whatever I do, it looks like the old blocky bell.

Just an idea: For EP install guide:
    Make 2 screenshots. If it looks like this, it is working. If it looks like that, it isn't.

I really appreciate the work you have done for the Thief community. And I bow down to your superior programming skills. I'm just trying to figure out how how T2 thinks.

Just for the record, I'm on vista 32
    install dir is c:\games\thief2
    I installed clean, updated it to 1.18, added ddfix, then EP

It checks its own folder first, then checks the resource paths from leftmost to rightmost, as you said.

The T2 patch is... stupid. It just dumps the .crfs into the main game dir, and because the existence of a folder with the same name makes a .crf get ignored, the patch files are not used when custom content (e.g. an FM) is installed.

I get around this problem by moving all the patch .crfs into res/patch/ and adjusting darkinst.cfg accordingly:

resname_base .\Res\Patch+.\Res

The bell in Party is probably not the best example, as I don't think that was heavily modified. At the start of Interference, turn around and check the door that Basso goes through. It should look something like this:
    http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/9...enshot111f.jpg

Hi NV and thank you for taking your time to reply.

I saw the res/patch/ thing in your example in another thread and tried it. Very clever and I like it. But since there wasn't much altered, except for a few textures, like "Wallcat1.PCX" I couldn't tell if the patch was working. That texture is in almost every OM. But finding it w/o opening DromEd...

I know the solution is very simple, and I use Notepad++ to edit the files (I love scite, their scintilla notepad demo, but since I lost everything...)

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    At the start of Interference, turn around and check the door that Basso goes through. It should look something like this:
    http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/9...enshot111f.jpg
    Aah, that worked! I tried by renaming EP.crf to EP.crf_ and back. Tons better with EP1.

Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Hertzman View Post
    I saw the res/patch/ thing in your example in another thread and tried it. Very clever and I like it. But since there wasn't much altered, except for a few textures, like "Wallcat1.PCX" I couldn't tell if the patch was working. That texture is in almost every OM. But finding it w/o opening DromEd...
    Blackmail is the best place to check if the patch is working. The gate models used there are in the patch .crfs, so you'll get no gates if you don't have them.

Thanks NV.

Happy easter and thank you again for all your help.
    I wish that this EP1 and a link to this thread will make it to the TTLG's fan missions stickies.

Thank you!

Thank you so much!!! This is beautiful

My thieves are looking so much better with all these fantastic contributions. I owe you a string of specialty beers next time you're in Copenhagen

Does it work with T2X ?

Good question. I don't honestly know, but I would suspect that it would so long as the user sets up T2X just right with the darkinst.cfg

i have a question for EP install on thief2.

in EP readme, Manual Installation part,
    Finally, if you are installing to Thief 1, open Dark.cfg and make sure that both the lines ObjTextures16 and MeshTextures16 are somewhere in that file, on a line of their own. Also make sure that there is one empty line at the end of the file.
    Do that mean Thief 2 doesn't need ObjTextures16 and MeshTextures16 ?

there's no mention ObjTextures16 should be exist on Thief 2's.

sorry for my bad english.. understand me plz

You are correct. MeshTextures16 is used by default, and ObjTextures16 is already in the file.

Great work of course, but is there any progress on the "true-to-the-original" texture replacements?

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135364

Interesting, I wasn't really aware of that thread until now. Looks like there hasn't been any posts since last year so it seems like it died down. Would be cool to see another update of the EP though.

I'm resurrecting this thread to ask about using models from the Enhancement Pack in a Fan Mission.

1) If I include some of the models in my obj folder (and textures in txt16), will that cause problems for users who already have the EP installed? Do I need to use new, unique names for everything to avoid problems?

2) How should credit be handled in the readme, given that the Enhancement Pack uses things from lots of different contributors? Can I say "Many objects and object textures from the Thief Enhancement Pack" or should I go into specifics?

Thanks!

1) It won't cause problems. I did this for my last FM so I could be sure every player had the most gorgeous experience possible.

2) I think it's okay to say 'from the Enhancement Pack', because the credits in the EP are quite general. Sometimes it's easy to credit someone for lots of objects, so things are kept simple, e.g. Eshaktaar made the new switches, Vigil made the new barrels and footlocker.

By the way, a while ago I made a program specifically designed to extract objects from EP.crf. I didn't release it because only one person tested it, but you're welcome to have go if you want. Thread link...

The program also has a batch mode, so if you could get a list of all bin files used in your mission, you could paste it into my program, and it'll get from the EP whatever is available.
    Last edited by R Soul; 15th Apr 2013 at 20:12.

Thanks for the info!
    I don't need the extractor right now, but I'll have to check it out next time.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 38131415161718