TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2712171819202122

Thread: T2Fix: An Unofficial Comprehensive Patch for Thief 2

Subtitle problems have recently been discussed in this thread. There are various methods of disabling them, also depending on what exactly is the problem with these subtitles.

To disable the subtitles while keeping them installed, all you need to do is open cam_ext.cfg with any text editor and either place a semicolon before the "enable_subtitles" configuration variable or simply remove it instead. It should be located near the end of the file.

Concerning your other issue, are you able to replicate it in both fullscreen and windowed mode? Also, to clarify, does this only occur when running the game at your display's native resolution?

question

Quote Originally Posted by Jax64 View Post
    To disable the subtitles while keeping them installed, all you need to do is open cam_ext.cfg with any text editor and either place a semicolon before the "enable_subtitles" configuration variable or simply remove it instead. It should be located near the end of the file.
    Thank you, that worked

Concerning your other issue, are you able to replicate it in both fullscreen and windowed mode? Also, to clarify, does this only occur when running the game at your display's native resolution?
    Yes, but I think that this is not too bad, maybe it is a problem of my monitor.
    I have another question where I am not sure if this has anything to do with the patch. When in-game anything is displayed on the screen, for example when I use the sword, when I quicksave, or when I pick up an item, the game gets a little bit brighter for a few seconds. That is quite annoying. Does anybody has experience with this problem?

Zombified
    T2Fix complaining about a non-program files location; https://steamcommunity.com/app/21174...4039549499136/

shouldn't this only happen if program files are detected? guy has C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ which should be fine as far as I can tell.

Yes, that message should only present itself if a location under one of the program files directories is chosen. It should certainly not appear with that path. This check should always be accurate, as it just compares the selected path to the system-provided program files locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Candyblock View Post
    I have another question where I am not sure if this has anything to do with the patch. When in-game anything is displayed on the screen, for example when I use the sword, when I quicksave, or when I pick up an item, the game gets a little bit brighter for a few seconds. That is quite annoying. Does anybody has experience with this problem?
    I do not recall having heard of this sort of issue before, unfortunately. It is probably not related to NewDark or T2Fix, but you may want to ensure that your video drivers are recent and perhaps see if you can replicate the issue on a different display.

Cosmetics - no difference

I go to the 'about' section of FmSel, I updated from vB to vD. Missed vC somewhere, but I see no difference from version b to d. All it says on top is version 1.1.2. Is that right?

Yes, it is. FMSel has not changed, not even the NewDark version (1.27 in all cases). But there are some changes in the FM fixes in the T2FMDML component of T2Fix, and there might be some other changes.

Mod Path Syntax Question

In the old days to add something to the cam_mod path you would simply use +path (I.E. +MODS\Candles). After upgrading from tafferpatcher to T2Fix, I see the mod_path adding mods like this +.\MODS\Candles. I am assuming the .\ is to designate relative path to the main game?

Is there anything wrong with using +\MODS\Candles instead as long as you have the correct path? I tested it using a texture pack and it worked fine as far as I could tell.

Also, when using HDMOD for Thief 2, the mod will put its cam_mod path as follows:
    mod_path usermods+hdmod+hdmod\t2skies+patches

But when installing T2Fix there is no patches folder. In the HDMOD Thief 1 install there is a patches folder with the following files in the patches folder:
    fam.crf
    intrface.crf
    mesh.crf
    obj.crf

Can anyone shed light on this?
    Last edited by Estel Randir; 21st Nov 2021 at 02:21.

The leading ".\" in the mod paths is not strictly necessary, as the game will correctly parse and find each path regardless. It is included simply to more explicitly indicate the path to be searched and because the mod paths that the mod manager maintains include it. While this prefix does indicate a relative path, the game also assumes that a path is relative if it is not present. There is nothing wrong with omitting it, so feel free to either include or exclude it in any paths that you add manually.

Regarding the "patches" path that the HD Mod adds, this is probably just a leftover from the HD Mod for the first game, from which the configuration was probably used as a basis.

T2Fix 1.27e & HDMOD Issues

Jax64, I am not trying to double post here. But I want to draw your attention to a post I made in the HDMOD thread so you do not miss it. That thread has not been active for a long time. There is a very bad issue with HDMOD and T2Fix.

Post #381 https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthre...31#post2479931

I appreciate the notification. This is not an issue with T2Fix, however. The issue you describe in the noted post is a result of the HD Mod installer always extracting the NewDark 1.26 executable, overwriting any other version you have installed, even if it is newer. You can see my post here for a suggested workaround.

I appreciate the notification. This is not an issue with T2Fix, however. The issue you describe in the noted post is a result of the HD Mod installer always extracting the NewDark 1.26 executable, overwriting any other version you have installed, even if it is newer. You can see my post here for a suggested workaround.
    I tested three ways (and they all "work" as far as I can tell):

1) Install T2Fix 1.27 (backup the Thief 2.exe), install HDMOD. Run the game and see that the mods needing 1.27 are broken. Delete Thief 2.exe. Use the Thief 2.exe from 1.27. Run the game and see that the mods requiring 1.27 now work. Also HDMOD seems to be working.

2) Install T2Fix 1.27, install HDMOD. reinstall T2Fix 1.27. Run the game and see that all the mods needing 1.27 now work. Also HDMOD seems to be working.

3) My bush hack fix was to do 1) then copy HDMOD & setting_files folder into 1) instead of running the HDMOD installer. It seemed to work fine & all the mods needing 1.27 worked. But I am not sure if there was something somewhere else that HDMOD installed that could have been missed. I am including this just because I tried it.

Thanks Jax64

Zombified
    the safest way of handling this would probably be to install hdmod, grab the hdmod folder, delete that T2 install completely, create a new T2 install patched with the latest T2Fix, and then copy the contents of the hdmod folder to the usermods folder.

iirc, we told him he shouldn't be doing this with hdmod, but he did it anyway.

TFix & T2Fix includes EP.crf instead of ep2.crf. Is this because of compatability with fan missions? I have always used ep2.crf instead.

Zombified
    EP1 is pretty much just an object enhancement pack, and the size is small, so there is no reason to not include it in the patcher(s). EP2 also updates world textures, and is about 1Gb in size, so it's better off as a standalone download.

yes, upgraded assets (of any kind) can cause issues with FMs at rare occasions (I think one upgraded model was a bit larger than the vanilla object, causing a bit of loot to become invisible/hidden inside the object in some fm). things are never going to be 100% compatible.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2712171819202122