TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: TDP20AC Mission Ultimate Burglary (11/30/2018)

Desperately Dodgy Moderator

TDP20AC Mission Ultimate Burglary (11/30/2018)

This thread is for any discussion or questions related to the mission Ultimate Burglary by -Terra-.
    You can download the mission HERE or HERE.
    The contest thread is HERE.

Please give clues instead of outright solutions when helping others and use the spoiler tag when you do this.

Remember that this mission, and by extension every mission made for the contest, is for THIEF GOLD. As such, do not load it with Thief 2! It is highly recommended you do not use the Enhancement Pack and/or HD texture packs to play this mission. It is also recommended you uncheck all optional features TFix comes with if you update to the latest version of the full executable.

Nice mission ... all I need now is the Eye but IMHO I can't reach it without a rope arrow but I can't find any.

EDIT: Nevermind, made it with a big jump onto the Hammer statue.

BTW, I even climbed on the wooden roof beams, but there was nothing to grab up there.

Looted 8346/9216 on plaing hard.
    Last edited by zappen; 2nd Dec 2018 at 18:20.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Hey, I'm stuck on how to the eye, can you give any hints? I've found 4 switches so far: 1 in the Kitchen, 1 in the chapel, 1 in the upstairs bedroom, and 1 in the room you open with the key.

@Psych0sis The fifth switch is not far from the room you opened with the key.

I've never been so divided in judgement with a fan mission like with this one. Great premise, and actually pretty well executed. City streets also awesome, very nice architecture...........but

interiors. I mean, the chapel is awesome, but other buildings are a bit lacking in terms of interior design and, lets say environmental storytelling. Many rooms are bit copy pasted, also in many rooms the AI was just standing back to the door waiting to get smack with a blackjack. but I see it like this. the mission is HUGE (took me 2 hours to complete, picrel)
    SPOILER STATS > https://i.imgur.com/aLLUsBX.png (yeah, at first I thought I'll try not to blackjack everything, but got bored with it, and tbh this fm kinda encourages just mashin your blackjack on the heads and moving on I also missed quite a bit of loot, I wonder where you hide it. Was there any secrets? like button operated or lever? I've never encountered one )
    SPOILER MAP > https://i.imgur.com/oMDv1VK.jpg
    that it would be extremely difficult to detail everything out while you're on contest deadline with a map of this scale. I understand that.
    Lack of rope was a bit sad, i love vertical exploration. I also wouldnt mind more readable for muh immersion

But because of scale, awesome idea for anniversary fm, very enjoyable gameplay. I had a blast

Quote Originally Posted by mtk View Post
    I've never been so divided in judgement with a fan mission like with this one. Great premise, and actually pretty well executed. City streets also awesome, very nice architecture...........but

interiors. I mean, the chapel is awesome, but other buildings are a bit lacking in terms of interior design and, lets say environmental storytelling. Many rooms are bit copy pasted, also in many rooms the AI was just standing back to the door waiting to get smack with a blackjack. but I see it like this. the mission is HUGE (took me 2 hours to complete, picrel)
    SPOILER STATS > https://i.imgur.com/aLLUsBX.png (yeah, at first I thought I'll try not to blackjack everything, but got bored with it, and tbh this fm kinda encourages just mashin your blackjack on the heads and moving on I also missed quite a bit of loot, I wonder where you hide it. Was there any secrets? like button operated or lever? I've never encountered one )
    SPOILER MAP > https://i.imgur.com/oMDv1VK.jpg
    that it would be extremely difficult to detail everything out while you're on contest deadline with a map of this scale. I understand that.
    Lack of rope was a bit sad, i love vertical exploration. I also wouldnt mind more readable for muh immersion

But because of scale, awesome idea for anniversary fm, very enjoyable gameplay. I had a blast
    Thanks for Playing, the goal for this Contest FM was to put the Difficult down and make it easy to play for everyone.
    i remember the first Thief 1 OM Lord Bafford, it was not too hard and easy to solve, i was 12 when i started with Dromed and Thief.

Also stuck with the switches. I found 4 chapel, kitchen, generators, upstairs red room Cannot find the last one..........

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Also stuck with the switches. I found 4 chapel, kitchen, generators, upstairs red room Cannot find the last one..........
    small hint
    look for red hammer signs
    bigger hint
    harder to spot levers are behind certain objects, close to the walls
    big spoiler
    The last one is in the room which you have to open with the key (see the red hammer sign on the wall?)

Well, I must be blind, the only room with the hammer is the small chapel
    I keep checking the 2 floors and all the rooms but the 5th switch eludes me.....

Found it!!! Got confused with the chapel, the last one is in the church
    Last edited by maga; 4th Dec 2018 at 16:20. Reason: ETA

Just finished this one, and while I didn't dislike it, I didn't find it very enjoyable either.
    I think the premise is quite cute, and the use of textures is pretty tasteful.
    However, the gameplay isn't very interesting. Most of the interiors are comprised of long corridors with rooms that lead nowhere, and the guards are either turned away or patrol between two points.
    The city is a bit more interesting, but it is way too flat. No ramps, no stairs, no uneven ground at all. As a result, it becomes less engaging to traverse it with time.
    Last edited by marbleman; 4th Dec 2018 at 17:41.

I'm in the throne room at Bafford's. I can hear a guard but I cannot find any switch to move the library behind the throne....

I'm in the throne room at Bafford's. I can hear a guard but I cannot find any switch to move the library behind the throne....
    It's almost certainly a guard on the floor below. There's a few room brush issues throughout the mission.

Ah, I see.... nowI only need to find the horn.....any clues?

Ah, I see.... nowI only need to find the horn.....any clues?
    There should be one area of the map you haven't been to yet. You need to head to the far south west.