TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost Places Contest: Derelict Dock District (September 15, 2017)

It's very good, I even got that damn bird

Thank you Esme!

Had a Great time with this one! Very unique
    Thanks for this Gem!!

I nipped over the fence into the harbour before I turned on the power.
    How do I get back into the streets?

Edit: OK, don't think it possible, so went back to earlier save.
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 23rd Sep 2017 at 08:53.

I made every effort to keep the player from jumping over the fence but in Thief there is a way someone will find it.

Thank you for posting the walkthrough Terry!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    Thank you for the walktrough Terry, that allowed me to finished the mission.

Thank to the author for this mission, i like the docks next to the boat.

Thank you Cardia!

Fantastic work! thoroughly enjoyed this!

Is there a key to the door to what I assume is a power building with the electric symbol sigh above the door? Where or how do I get in the building?

Never mind I found another way in. Getting out may be a problem.
    Last edited by bedwine; 5th Oct 2017 at 19:43.

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    Is there a key to the door to what I assume is a power building with the electric symbol sigh above the door? [...]
    I found another way in. Getting out may be a problem.
    The key is inside the building. It is somewhat hidden but still easy to find. And after that, getting out is no problem anymore.

I like the story and the architecture very much. But I experienced many problems abord ship, had heavy slow framerate on the seaside and also under deck regarding in the direction of the machine. Well, my computer is not the newest one but compared to other FMs with much more complex architecture (Torner Island) I can't imagine why this happens ...
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

I also liked what I got with the Derelict Dock District.

I did not experience the problems zappen had, just a very, very slight slowdown when looking at the central parts of the ship (e.g., the bridge). Strange, for my graphics chip is a cheap Intel HD 3000 which usually is the reason for slowdowns in several missions.

However, there is one thing about the code on the ship which puzzled me: According to the code numbers, there should be six rowboats on the ship, but I found only the four on the elevated platform near the front and the one in the freight area. Where is the sixth one?

@baeuchlein
    There are 5 rowboats on the elevated platform.

(Sigh.) And I was so proud that I could finally count up to ten with the help of my fingers! Maybe I should have taken that magnifying glass from the bridge with me...

I never found the clue for the first combination digit, so I checked the walkthrough :/
    Joey's key had been bothering me, but I found it right at the end
    thank you for the mission, it was great to get back to Thief again

Quote Originally Posted by zappen View Post
    I like the story and the architecture very much. But I experienced many problems abord ship, had heavy slow framerate on the seaside and also under deck regarding in the direction of the machine. Well, my computer is not the newest one but compared to other FMs with much more complex architecture (Torner Island) I can't imagine why this happens ...
    I'm sorry about the frame rates in the open areas zappen.The polys exceeded ~2500 in the open areas. One tester suggested that players should be able to climb the lighthouse but the polys would have been worse up there. I'm not sure why you had framerate problems below deck though.

I unlocked the door but I cant get through the window.

Which door and which window do you refer to?

The start room has a door to unlock. The next room has a window but it is too small to mantle or jump mantle through. Am I missing a tiny secret lever that opens another passage.

Outside of the window I can see a nearby pipe below, skeletal legs about 30 feet away and something floating in the air about 30 feet away for a minute or 2.
    Last edited by user3; 6th Dec 2018 at 14:34.

Just checked it out. Indeed, one cannot leave by mantling or jumping through the window. However, there is a crate in one of the accessible rooms. Put it before the window, climb or jump onto it, crouch, and then you should be able to crawl through the window.

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    Just checked it out. Indeed, one cannot leave by mantling or jumping through the window. However, there is a crate in one of the accessible rooms. Put it before the window, climb or jump onto it, crouch, and then you should be able to crawl through the window.
    Thanks baeuchlein

Spent the better part of 10 hours finishing this today. All secrets, missing about 250gold, shrug not bad for a first try. Wish I could of taken the ship, even a 1% finders fee for a pirate random plus cargo value would be a retirement fund booster. Stilll foggy about where the undead infection happened, but I suspect it were the big forehead mages stowaway across the ocean. Some lich took exception to being plundered for artifacts. Left all the zombies for hammers to cleanup, probably take them years to work up the courage. Banish the thought of killing critters even for a bonus, not their fault they are being controlled.

Couldn't find the key to the sewer cigarbox(maybe forgot where I found it as it was opened) and the security room key(drillbit) was inaccessible(bottom of drydocked boat). Played Expert. Like to know how others got Joeys key on expert, still tryinggave up, moving on.
    Last edited by user3; 8th Dec 2018 at 09:24.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12