TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Death's Cold Embrace: Mission 5 "Seeking Counsel With Shadows"

@klatremus not in this mission

I had a feeling that would be the case. Oh well, gotta go scouring for more loot then.

Edit: I assume you can't enter The Quill either then... Only missing 75 loot; probably a hammer somewhere.

Edit again: There, got it! Missed a ring in a hammer bedroom.
    Last edited by klatremus; 27th Apr 2018 at 18:29.

Your assumption is correct

Playing though this campaign and greatly enjoying it. I have question about this particular mission, but not so much a request for help. One of the bedrooms in the harlequin inn, the one that can be accessed through a window by hopping from an adjacent roof: if you hop through the window, you are assaulted and (as far as I can tell) unavoidably killed by another man, seemingly with poison gas--but if you enter the room normally from inside the inn you can loot the room in peace! What's up with that?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    It's not a man, as you will learn if you check the guest register. Also, if you enter from inside, she has already gone out on a mission of her own, which you will learn about if you read her journal in the room.

Thanks! I didn't obviously check the register. Once I found she wouldn't strike when I entered from the door I just grabbed her loot and high-tailed it out of there, just in case, so I didn't check the journal either. Such cool little details. I'm almost finished with the campaign at this point, great stuff!

EDIT: Those notes are actually still hanging around in the subsequent city missions!
    Last edited by lpowell; 20th Aug 2018 at 16:29.

Digging this campaign, is the main musical piece original? I am stuck on one thing

The "friends" who have the freezer key are the mechanists right? How do I get into their building?

Quote Originally Posted by lpowell View Post
    EDIT: Those notes are actually still hanging around in the subsequent city missions!
    If you mean The Ritual (mission 8), well yes, of course, because it's later the same night.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensalad View Post
    Digging this campaign, is the main musical piece original? I am stuck on one thing

The "friends" who have the freezer key are the mechanists right? How do I get into their building?
    None of the music is original, all the sources are cited in the readme though for reference.

Yes, but you can't get in there until a later mission.

Is there any way to enter the inn by way of the upstairs window without triggering Jill Black's trap? Or is the only way to first enter by way of the main entrance?
    Also, do any of the outside guards visit the inn in this mission? I haven't seen them do it yet, but their patrols are long so I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Is there any way to enter the inn by way of the upstairs window without triggering Jill Black's trap? Or is the only way to first enter by way of the main entrance?
    You have to enter downstairs first, at which point she leaves to go out on her nightly work.
    Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Also, do any of the outside guards visit the inn in this mission? I haven't seen them do it yet, but their patrols are long so I'm not sure.
    You mean come inside the inn? I don't think so, at least not unless in search mode.

Thanks. I was asking because it means the inn cant be supreme ghosted then. The front door alerts the innkeeper. If patrollers used the door, then i couldve exploited that.

Ask Tannar or marbleman, but I think one or both of them managed to enter through the front door without alerting the barkeep. I may be mistaken, though.

If hes facing north, he doesnt give a remark but he still gives a settling remark 2 min later, showing he was alerted.

No fair Yandros;
    I got Jill and she just vanished by the Mechanists. She must be one of those Waldo like characters, popping up everywhere with a magic safety emergency teleport belt.

Anyway 600+ short and I missed a secret, shrugs, not needed as I finished up. I was sweating the priest or fairbanks might notice the 33 roasted or bloody bodies. Left a present for "Jill" too, near her "sabre", not implying its archelogy girl as she is supposed to be elsewhere, maybe a "sister or classmate".

It is getting difficult to keep the many plots straight for this old guy. Considered trying to follow the warehouse guard through a door or two but decided to KO/roast him for expediency. The other guard Benny resurrected at his second job? I left him on the fire hoping that ashes don't reconstitute.

Cheating used:
    I don't like the storyline so I am rewriting it. Bringing back a mortal silly girl, what a waste. I KOed the priest and Fairbanks, put some bloody corpses in the priests residents, killed both main actors, wrote a letter declaring Fairbanks family heretics signed by the priest. Skipping the next 3 mission(+3500gold), let Robert declare war on the Fairbank son&family may the feud be eternal. Ain't going to contact Robert, dig up a corpse or transport it. All I need are the talismans to prevent some other mortal from upsetting the natural order.
    Last edited by user3; 3rd Dec 2018 at 11:46.

Thanks Random_Taffer for respecting my deafness if not my age, height and imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by user3 View Post
    Thanks Random_Taffer for respecting my deafness if not my age, height and imagination.
    You're a sad, strange deaf old little man* then. !
    Last edited by Squadarofl; 7th Dec 2018 at 13:32.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123