TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TDP20AC Mission Catacombs of Knoss (11/30/2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsie1 View Post
    I realize that. The missing elevator is though
    The elevator doesn't appear, it should be there all along—although before the diamond appears it just seems to be a cloud of particles on the floor in the middle of the room. If it's not there, that sounds like a bug for sure.

If you like, I can give you my save game from just before that moment, standing in the doorway (on Expert).

Yes please, my friend that would be nice.

Here: game0004.zip

Quote Originally Posted by vfig View Post
    Thanks alot!

It actually worked - so why didn't it work otherwise. May have something to do with a slaughtered skeleton spider on the edge of where the elevator is spawned from. Perhaps.

The author may contact me if he/she wants a savegame.

I don't get how to proceed in the Tower Of Doors. The plaque on the floor suggests following four sounds. I hear at best two types of sound in the blacked out arches, not four, and the same sounds in different arches. Some arches transport, some do not, but I see no sense in it. I get as far as a room with an ochre image on the floor (is that fire?), from there I always go back to the starting point. I also hear something invisible crunching around, but going through the arch nearest that sound does not seem to work. How am I supposed to proceed?

@Marbrien: Always go through the door that sounds the most like singing—the higher pitched of the two sounds. You'll know when you've reached the top.

@Marbrien: You are on the right track - regarding the sounds that is. If this doesn't work then you can try what worked for me:

First chamber go North East, Second chamber go South, third chamber go South East and the final chamber go North

Edit: Expert difficulty
    Last edited by Woodsie1; 6th Dec 2018 at 05:47. Reason: Added difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsie1 View Post
    @Marbrien: You are on the right track - regarding the sounds that is. If this doesn't work then you can try what worked for me:

First chamber go North East, Second chamber go South, third chamber go South East and the final chamber go North
    Thanks. What got me through in the end was the high pitched sound, I couldn't get the compass points to work.

Congratulations on this mission pack. I like it very much

I also have issues with the mathematician's tomb.
    In the hexagonal room the visual effect seems wrong to me. If I pull the 4+1 the effect appears, however I think it should be 4+2
    (removed the text about how the tomb didn't open to me)

EDIT: nevermind I was looking for it in the wrong place, it was opened.
    Last edited by Taylor; 6th Dec 2018 at 08:41.

Just finished this one, my 2nd of the contest so far. This mission has absolutely everything and is quite epic I must say. I left a lot of loot behind, but I was lucky enough to escape with my life. Kudos to the author !!!

This mini-campaign turned out to be a whole lot more epic than I expected! Exploring the city was a delight, and the sheer variety in the catacombs was wonderful. I anticipated finding zombies in the titular catacombs, of course, but I never thought there'd be so many new creatures!

Favourite bits: the archer doing target practice, the skeleton-crayman-crabs, and the sheer height of the hall of the hundred heroes.

Least favourite bit: the ziggurat was too cramped and crowded with enemies.

Overall:

Definitely one of the harder missions I've played combat-wise. Plot was solid and environment was fun to explore. Would have been nice to have some way to save/help Anastasia's dad. Was that bleeding skull killable?

I finished the first mission on hard and it was really nice, with a good use of verticality.
    There is a little typo on the french translation : the loot is given for 1200 but you need at least 1800.

Guys, there are LITTLE-BROKEN TEXTS...

...calming down in progress... 3, 2, 1: No, there is not - look below to Yandros reply :)
    Last edited by Mat99; 12th Dec 2018 at 04:53. Reason: False, untrue and bad information!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Mat99, I have a response from the author (who wishes to remain anonymous). He says those texts are not cut off in the original texts using vanilla/stock book art, so he wonders if you might be playing with an HD or enhancement pack which is changing the book art and cutting off the text.

Also, while your intentions are no doubt good here, in the future it would be better to confirm with others that they see the problem by asking here, and also to ask permission from the author to release a patch to his mission (which could be done here in this thread or by messaging me or skacky in this situation). If it was a problem he saw himself, he would no doubt have preferred to release this patch himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Mat99, I have a response from the author [...] He says those texts are not cut off [...]

OMG! I failed ;D Builder forgive me ;D

There is NO NEED to patch anything, I mess up with TextFon.FON files in Parch and Parch3 folders. I switched them by mistake 3 days ago ;) ;P And the one it should be in Parch3 was in my Parch and vice versa ;P I was so sure I placed them correctly, but apparently NOT ;P

This little mess was created when I was trying to use Telliamed's Font Converter 3 days ago ;P
    So INDEED - there is NO PROBLEM, and I apologize for my jumpy-message ;D "Too much coffee this morning" ;P I need to be more CALM and VIGILANT ;)

Such things happen when you do not have a night's sleep because of so many good Contest Missions ;DD

while your intentions are no doubt good here, in the future it would be better to confirm with others that they see the problem by asking here, and also to ask permission from the author to release a patch to his mission

You and The Author are RIGHT. This is my lesson of humility :) That was happened because the mission is SO GOOD I couldn't stand with thinking that someone have such issue with it and I was trying to do something immediately at all costs :D :) And the issue was on my side only :) LOL :) I have no Bulilder's patience on my side to re-think things, and catch real problem which occurred :)
    Last edited by Mat99; 12th Dec 2018 at 05:04.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123