TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission — The Sound of a Burrick in a Room (11/30/2018)

The book of prayers is in the catacombs. The vault contains the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by marbleman View Post
    The book of prayers is not inside the vault. Did you watch the briefing?
    Yes i did, but what i've i missed?

Cardia: go down, down below.

It's not in the Vault

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Cardia: go down, down below.

It's not in the Vault
    I've re-watched the video briefing, i know now where to search it, thank you both!

Mission finished, another sweet experience with this one, and i now i know who the author of the mission is , once again well done for this beautiful work, it's impressive how the city is built, in a very flexible and dynamic way, everything is magnificent , the size of the buildings left me breathless the environments are cozy and magical, the ambient sounds provide more life to this map, i also love the gameplay and the new textures customization,
    the readables are very interesting. i will replay this on in Expert next time.

Thank you so much for this precious gift! Thank you for getting back to Dromed!

My score to this mission is 10 out of 10
    Last edited by Cardia; 5th Dec 2018 at 18:06.

Three hours of awesome taffing!!!

Thoroughly enjoyed this mission experience. So many things to do and see and explore! I love the options I had in exploring the city, which is impressively built. So many places to look at, hide and discover. Great gameplay and it was fun running into different situations around every corner. The storyline kept me interested while I went off on little side missions exploring.

Thanks for building it! I give it a 10 out of 10!

Where is the message to deliver to Reynesford? that's my last objective.

Wow... Just wow. Phenomenal mission. Everyone is really coming out hard for this contest.

@Guff: Do you mean to frame them by putting it into the churchbox, or are you before that? Everything you need for the Reyensford objectives is in the manor, just look around and pick up some letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Psych0sis View Post
    Wow... Just wow. Phenomenal mission. Everyone is really coming out hard for this contest.

@Guff: Do you mean to frame them by putting it into the churchbox, or are you before that? Everything you need for the Reyensford objectives is in the manor, just look around and pick up some letters.
    The objective says to drop in the church donation box Reynesford's incriminating letter, but it also wants something from the woman (Florence?) dropped off in Resynford's.

@GUFF Both her letter to Reynesford (which you found in his safe) and Reynesford's document (which you found in his chest) should be dropped into the donation box.

Finished on Expert, wonderful city mission. I thought to have explored everything but the stats screen with over 900 loot missing kicked me hard........where to go?

I also managed to collect the hidden stash with 2 explosive devices and several fire arrows so i imagine there's something to blow up, where to use them?

Quote Originally Posted by piesel View Post
    Finished on Expert, wonderful city mission. I thought to have explored everything but the stats screen with over 900 loot missing kicked me hard........where to go?

I also managed to collect the hidden stash with 2 explosive devices and several fire arrows so i imagine there's something to blow up, where to use them?
    Yeah that missing loot is driving me bonkers too

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Hoping someone can come up with a loot list at some point, I'm about 1000 short and am dumbfounded as to how that's even possible . Unless there's a hidden stash in that vault, but then again all loot is usually available in all difficulties
    I also did not get 1000, as in Rose Garden. I'm surprised where these guys could hide such huge amount of loot. Of course there are many small hiding places where there are goblets or coins, but 1000 ...

Quote Originally Posted by marbleman View Post
    @GUFF Both her letter to Reynesford (which you found in his safe) and Reynesford's document (which you found in his chest) should be dropped into the donation box.
    Ok that works. The wording is a bit vague on that.

This reminded me somewhat of a Melan mission, but it wasn't him who made it.

Quote Originally Posted by GUFF View Post
    Where is the message to deliver to Reynesford? that's my last objective.
    That was my question, too. There are so many scrolls and I couldn't know which one to keep for later. Went back and got it.

Finished with 3312/4553. playing hard.

Great architecture indeed.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Quote Originally Posted by irg View Post
    I picked from the entrants list at random, and I can definitely say I was not expecting a mission with such an odd title to completely floor me. There's an astounding level of detail that makes the whole district truly feel "lived in". Everything is well connected by streets, rooftops or whatever else between, never restricted solely to one for navigation (...) If the author or anyone more versed could also point me in the direction of any other missions they may have done, I'd love to know.
    This author is evidently using an alias, but I can certainly suggest a number of very similar FMs:

Shadow Politics/Between These Dark Walls/Endless Rain trilogy by skacky (Thief Gold)
    Chalice of Souls by FireMage, skacky & Squadafroin (Thief Gold)
    Bad Debts/Disorientation by Melan (Thief 2)
    Rose Garden by Melan (Thief Gold, for this contest!)
    Dirty Money by DrK (Thief Gold)

For FMs that look or feel a little bit different but are still very close (lived in detailed city, well-connected streets/rooftops gameplay):

Behind Closed Doors by nicked (Thief 2)
    A Short Night's Work by bbb (Thief 2)
    Being Thief/Being Thief 2: Exile by Sensut (Thief 2)
    Lorgan's Web by Shadowspawn (Thief Gold)
    Trial By Night by Skarza.MJA (Thief Gold)
    L'Arsene and Goblins/Korrigans by Gaëtane (Thief 2, parts 1 and 3 of a larger series)
    Skeletons in The Closet by madwolf (Thief 2)
    Home Sweet Home by Lady Rowena (Thief 2)
    Cracks In The Glass by marbleman (Thief 2)
    Last edited by DirkBogan; 7th Dec 2018 at 20:34. Reason: added hyperlinks

DromEd Archmage
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkBogan View Post
    FireMage, skacky & Squadafroin
    You can also say Feuillade Industry since it's the name of our team

This mission is HUGE and vertical as heck. I wouldn't be surprised if this one wins the contest. Took me more than 2 hours to finish and despite how carefully I've looked everywhere, I still missed around 500 loot. Gonna have to try harder next time

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    This mission is HUGE and vertical as heck. I wouldn't be surprised if this one wins the contest. Took me more than 2 hours to finish and despite how carefully I've looked everywhere, I still missed around 500 loot. Gonna have to try harder next time
    You did better than me. I'm still around 1000 short after 3 hours of careful searching. In desperation, after finishing I went back in with Dromed and combed everything for half hour, but found nothing else. There's some kind of mysteriously hidden loot in there, maybe the best hidden in the history of FM's haha. Can't wait for a loot list so we can finally have a solution to this mystery

Unless it's a red herring, I think there's a very big hint as to who son_of_a_dude are in one of the readables... If so, I wouldn't be surprised, considering that this mission is totally flawless. The worst I can say is that the framerate was a bit iffy in some places (something Rose Garden managed to avoid even from out of bounds at the top of the map!), but then it almost never dropped below 60fps so it shouldn't be a problem for most people anyway!

This is a definite contender for first place, although I personally think Shadow Play is also perfect. Considering the scale of this FM, though, it's amazing that there was absolutely nothing that I found annoying or frustrating about it, on top of the impeccable design, lore and gameplay. It was engaging and enjoyable for hours.

Oh, and PAY YOUR TRIBUTES. That was such a satisfying find.

Just finished this on expert, but I still have no idea how to get into the butcher's or fishmonger. Missing a good bit of loot, too. Will have to come back to this.

Quote Originally Posted by TriangleTooth View Post
    Just finished this on expert, but I still have no idea how to get into the butcher's or fishmonger. Missing a good bit of loot, too. Will have to come back to this.
    Don't remember for the fishmonger, but the butcher is accessed through the burrick tunnels near the catacombs

Quote Originally Posted by TriangleTooth View Post
    Just finished this on expert, but I still have no idea how to get into the butcher's or fishmonger.
    For the fishmonger, hint: try looking around in the shop next door. Solution: there's a vent above the forge in the weaponsmith's.

Found an exploit with the vault. Playing on Normal, I was fiddling with the levers just to see if I could guess the combination through sheer luck. I found that if all nine levers are in the "on" position, I can toggle lever 4 off and on again, and the vault opens no matter what order I'd pulled the other levers.

Though I will say this made the rest of the mission more fun than it already was...especially now that I'd unleashed hell upon the streets.

@Grandmauden It's not an exploit There is a readable in the mission that explains how the locking mechanism works, but it's only available on Expert since on lower difficulties, as you can see, you're not supposed to open the vault.

Ah, okay. Still, no regrets!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast