TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ** New Dark Patch: Thief 2 V1.27 - System Shock 2 V2.48 ** 2019-06-15

Wonderful!

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Here's a mirror for T2_v126 since I was told the mirrors wouldn't work (the french page does)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lu25uw...pdate.zip/file

After updating all works fine, but now my dromed always starts up with lights toggled (which i don't want) 3d view with wireframe brushes (which i want solid + selection) and persistent player position turned on (which i don't want).

Install Dromed Toolkit. Startup.cmd will fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    Install Dromed Toolkit. Startup.cmd will fix this.
    Thanks, seems like path to the cmd was written incorrectly in the dromed.cfg

Installation

It's been so long since I updated this. Can someone remind me how to do it?
    When I play the contest games all I get is no flooring. Looks like empty space below my feet.

Read the documentation in the zip or install Tfix 1.26a
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134733
    Tfix is recommended for you.

I have just updated Thief2 to ND 1.27.

Now Windows (Windows 10 Home v 1903, 64 bit) keeps popping up the User Account Control message every time I try to launch FM Sel, and I have to press Yes to continue.

I also had a problem with my AV (Norton) quarantining Thief2.exe, but I've managed to reverse that.

I have not had this issue before.

It's only a minor irritation, but does anyone know how to stop the UAC message for T2? I'd rather not disable UAC completely. Thanks.

PS The thread title needs updating to reflect the release of 1.27.
    Last edited by Marbrien; 4th Jul 2019 at 06:52.

I'm going to bump this one. I feel sure others will encounter this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Now Windows (Windows 10 Home v 1903, 64 bit) keeps popping up the User Account Control message every time I try to launch FM Sel, and I have to press Yes to continue.
    I didn't had this problem for a very long time, but I believe when message pops out, you have option to show details. Press it and there should be an option to not show this message for this application. I don't remember the proper name of this option. Using it should fix your problem.

The only option that I'm given is to make global changes to UAC, which I don't particularly want to do. I am NOT given the option to change how UAC regards the application I am currently trying to launch.

That is very weird, given the fact ND was programmed with modern Windows in mind, to not require elevation of privileges (no sane game released after ~2006 should require you to raise the execution privileges, that's at least suspicious).

I didn't experience this with ND, and the first thing that comes to my mind is that you might have modified the shortcut to make it run in compatibility mode with pre-Vista Windows, which automatically raises the process to Administrator level (don't do that, it's useless, as ND is meant to mitigate all these old issues and outdated behaviour of the original Dark Engine)

PS. I really wonder why Le Corbeau uploads such an important update to some barely known file host of unclear reliability, like gofile.io. Why not use something much more persistent like Google Drive, MEGA or some other kind of repository for these?
    Last edited by Meowdori; 11th Dec 2019 at 14:44.

PS. I really wonder why Le Corbeau uploads such an important update to some barely known file host of unclear reliability, like gofile.io. Why not use something much more persistent like Google Drive, MEGA or some other kind of repository for these?
    He's probably hiding in the shadowy outskirts of internet. It's harder to find a dark spot inside the Google's mansion...

GDrive mirror for NewDark 1.27

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hNO...w?usp=drivesdk

Anyhow, contributing a mirror of the latest NewDark (v1.27) on my Drive, feel free to add to the first post.
    Last edited by Meowdori; 11th Dec 2019 at 14:48. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Meowdori View Post
    That is very weird, given the fact ND was programmed with modern Windows in mind, to not require elevation of privileges (no sane game released after ~2006 should require you to raise the execution privileges, that's at least suspicious).

I didn't experience this with ND, and the first thing that comes to my mind is that you might have modified the shortcut to make it run in compatibility mode with pre-Vista Windows, which automatically raises the process to Administrator level (don't do that, it's useless, as ND is meant to mitigate all these old issues and outdated behaviour of the original Dark Engine)

I've just had to reinstall T2 with T2Fix_127a, and it's cured the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowdori View Post
    He seems to be "obsessed" with anonymity. Mega, Google Drive or any repository makes it easy for law enforcement to trace the file back to his owner. I wonder if he fears being prosecuted for sharing it. Maybe the way he obtained the original sources which he patches wasn't legal... That's also why he never shared any source code.

NewDark 1.27 Archive.org mirror

Yet another, more permanent mirror https://archive.org/details/t2_v127

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123