TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Ctrl-Alt-Shift-End combo doesn't work anymore.

Ctrl-Alt-Shift-End combo doesn't work anymore.

It seems the combo doesn't work anymore somehow (I checked both T1 and T2), it worked fine some time ago. I didn't change keyboard since then, but I moved to WinXP a year ago. Don't you know a possible reason?

Do you happen to have an ATI graphics card by any chance? If so, there's the possibilty of an application running in the backround that interferes with Thief's keyboard controls. It can be fixed by turning off the 'ATI taskbar icon application' (on the 'options' tab of the graphics card control panel properties).

Quote Originally Posted by Eshaktaar
    Do you happen to have an ATI graphics card by any chance? If so, there's the possibilty of an application running in the backround that interferes with Thief's keyboard controls. It can be fixed by turning off the 'ATI taskbar icon application' (on the 'options' tab of the graphics card control panel properties).
    Yes, I bought Radeon9800pro when I decided to move to WinXP.
    Thanks! I'll try that.

When I'm installing ATI drivers I find it best to install just the driver and avoid all that ATI Control Panel shenanigans that they want me to have running in the background.

put caps lock and number lock on then try Ctrl-Alt-Shift-End......it works for me
    Last edited by shadowrevan; 18th Dec 2004 at 18:15.

I use a small bluetooth keyboard to play Thief on a tablet. This keyboard has no End key. To get to the end of a document, I can press Fn+CursorRight. When I try to end a Thief mission manually be pressing Fn+Ctrl+Alt+Shift+CursorRight, nothing happens. Is there a workaround for a situation like this?

Thank you, Unna!

Sorry for offtopic... But bringing back those 2004 memories made me wanna buy an 9800Pro!

Oh those times....
    ---Old Habits Never Die---