TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 271217222732374247484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1377

Thread: Russia invades Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post

And "islamic country" with.....Saint George on top :v
    Of course is "islamic"
    What's the surprise there, Muslims believe in the virgin, Abraham, Moises.
    They're a splinter of a Jewish religion after all.

Saint George because Chechnya is a "proud" feud of Moscow (Saint George is Moscow).
    And not Jesus or Mary, a roman soldier ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_George )

Well you got me there.

Off topic a bit
    Did you know that there weren't angels or the devil in ancient Egyptian religion, of course there were demons from which you needed protection by the gods but no devil.

I swear I saw Bes* on the airplane going from Italy to S.America. I didn't sleep at all the whole trip that's why I kept seeing this dwarf attached to the seat beside me.

*the god of household protection.

EDIT
    Well Russian authorities still refuse delivery of Navalny's corpse, probably eliminating evidence.
    Last edited by DuatDweller; 19th Feb 2024 at 13:55.

Quote Originally Posted by DuatDweller View Post
    Off topic a bit
    Did you know that there weren't angels or the devil in ancient Egyptian religion, of course there were demons from which you needed protection by the gods but no devil.
    "THE" Devil is just a christian spin of the old jewish angel Satanael, something with the same function of Anubi but more direct.
    Satanael's goal is to prove you (Anubi weights your soul, but you can see the same evaluating function), it's why in the christian spin it evolved in the "enemy"/"adversary", no more as a god's servant but as a personification of the rebellion against god's vision for humans (and so in the cristian spin god can't be seen as the old JHWH sending his angel to prove you - something can't be.....loved but only feared - so in the christian spin there's no more resentment against a god acting as an inhuman judge, that's the real innovation of Christianity)
    Last edited by lowenz; 19th Feb 2024 at 14:38.

Excellent Vlad as always

It feels a bit wrong to mourn the death of a character like Navalnyi, someone who I would most likely despise under "normal circumstances". However, it says a lot about modern Russia when the western media and leaders praise him and his actions. I got to admit that returning to Russia was a ballsy move from Navalnyi, and I hope that his sacrifice was not in vain. Right now things are looking pretty damn grim over there, but I hope that Navalnyi's death ignites that last sparkle of humanity and hope instead of extinguishing it. I hope that in the not too distant future Vladimir gets to have a nice little polonium tea party with his besties, even though there's absolutely no guarantee that it'd make things any better. It's all kinda depressing really.

Out of all the ballsy things that Navalnyi did, him mocking Putin and calling him the Underpants Poisoner in his speech to the court in 2021 is perhaps my favourite:

He’ll go down in history as nothing but a poisoner. We all remember Alexander the Liberator and Yaroslav the Wise. Well, now we’ll have Vladimir the Underpants Poisoner.

Yeah, Navalny is really a strange character when you look to ALL his political arc (I mean, like Dugin in the '90s he got some nazi identitarian fascination.....a real one, not the ukronazi bullshit around Bandera sanctification - of course i would prefer Machno to Bandera every time but you can't use Machno speaking to a "nation" from the state position ).

https://unherd.com/newsroom/alexei-n...-liberal-hero/

Jimmy Hoffa, Amelia Earhard, and now Alexei Navalny, just where they might be.

It blows my mind that the Dictator is enmeshed in a disastrous war and his country is on the brink of collapse. Yet, he still has the resources to track down enemies overseas and have them eliminated

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ies-by-suicide

Same accusations "we" used here in Italy during the Fascism......"defeatist"

Competition? We don't need no stinking competition!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_R...ntial_election

In November 2023, former member of the State Duma Boris Nadezhdin became the first person backed by a registered political party to announce his candidacy, running on an anti-war platform. He was followed by incumbent and independent candidate Vladimir Putin in December 2023, who is eligible to seek re-election as a result of 2020 constitutional amendments. Later the same month, Leonid Slutsky of the LDPR, Nikolay Kharitonov of the Communist Party, Vladislav Davankov of New People, Sergey Malinkovich of Communists of Russia and others announced their candidacies.

On 8 February 2024, the only anti-war candidate Boris Nadezhdin was barred from running against Putin in the election during the CEC's session due to alleged irregularities in the signatures of voters supporting his candidacy. Malinkovich was also disqualified for the same reason, leading to just four candidates being left on the ballot.

The "electoral competition" is just a ruse when we talk about state REAL affairs like a war/expansion (or defense in UKraine, it's a state too).
    People seem don't undestand how the state REALLY works.

They probably want to leave enough other candidates on the ballot, such that the rival candidates will split the anti-Putin vote.

The "anti-Putin" vote is NOT "anti-imperialism" vote, that's the MAIN problem, the same of Navalny NOT being the "western guy" as our media depicts him and that's an assist to Putin (to depict him as a "traitor" of "rusky mir"), because the not-so-young AND now the very-young russian people share the same "anti-liberal values" - just remember that Putin is perceived as "liberal-center" grandpa and not an hawk like Žirinovskij - Žirinovskij too called himself a "liberal" in constrast to communists or tsarists still existing nowdays - and I'm talking about someone plain like Pinochet

The only "freedom" for guys like this is the "freedom of property" and nothing else, never forget this. And it's why GOP nuts love Russia so much.
    Last edited by lowenz; 22nd Feb 2024 at 09:33.

Welcome to Russki Mir:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/r...says-rcna49168

Russian troops have raped and tortured children in Ukraine, carried out a “large number” of executions and committed other war crimes, according to a United Nations investigation by legal experts.

Set up by the U.N. to probe the conduct of the war, the Independent International Commission of Inquiry reported its chilling findings Friday in Geneva, describing a long list of abuses and atrocities in four regions.

“Based on the evidence gathered by the commission, it has concluded that war crimes have been committed in Ukraine,” Erik Mose, the chairman of the three-member commission, told the U.N. Human Rights Council.

Mose, a Norwegian judge, said the commission has documented cases in which children have been "raped, tortured and unlawfully confined."

“There are examples of cases where relatives were forced to witness the crimes," he added. "In the cases we have investigated, the age of victims of sexual and gendered-based violence ranged from 4 to 82 years."

Children also have been killed and wounded in “indiscriminate attacks” by Russian forces using explosive weapons, he said.

Mose said that he and his colleagues “were struck by the large number of executions in the areas that we visited.”

The commission is investigating executions in 16 towns and settlements and has “credible allegations regarding many more cases of executions, which we are documenting further,” he said.

The execution cases often featured “the prior detention of the victims as well as visible signs of executions on bodies, such as hands tied behind backs, gunshot wounds to the head, and slit throats,” according to Mose.

For Ukrainians who were unlawfully detained, witnesses “provided us with consistent accounts of ill-treatment and torture,” he said.

The update from the commission follows other allegations of war crimes from international human rights groups, Western governments and Ukrainian authorities, including the recent discovery of a mass burial site in the eastern town of Izyum.

[...]

The problem is that nobody will "pay" unless you attack directly Moscow. Absolutely nobody.

A bit "romantic" view but on the spot

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Welcome to Russki Mir:
    Pax Russica / Pax Romana.
    "If you want peace, prepare for war."

"Communism without communists" is the real perversion of the state (can't it be when the force use is uncontrolled?)

Boy that was hard to keep watching, the strong Russian accent, I'm at 2 minutes and 21 seconds and he still doesn't say anything of consequence.
    Can you condensate the content in a few lines, because I'll be damned if I gonna be watching this dude saying nothing for 2 hours.

It's fairly easy to get the gist of it in just 2:21 when also looking at the video title. Within a couple more minutes he states it clearly.

Strong accent? :| He went in USA for years.
    Just watch the first 30 minutes.

"We fight fascists"

Yeah yeah.....

Dear ukrainian refugees, just learn about the MIGHTY of the Varangians......(for the ones of you hating so much the URSS)

Very "antifascist" mythology the one with nordic heroes (it's the same story, the need of a funding mythology after the marxist communism evaporation).......why just don't say clearly "WE WANT TO BE FASCIST JUST IN OUR OWN WAY" (not the insane "purity racism" german one but very similiar to the italian state-divinization pragmatic one).
    I still believe russians - and I have no problem saying statistically ALL the russian people - don't know what Fascism is, they think "Fascism=Kill Russians" thanks to Stalin propaganda.

Fascism is a very subtle enemy, it's not "Bandera", nor "Mussolini" or whatever far right dictator you can name. Fascism is the idea that the state IS the people AS a nation and now I can see this disgraced reality more in Russia than in "ukronazi" Ukraine.
    Last edited by lowenz; 25th Feb 2024 at 08:10.

I've probably said this before, but speaker Johnson needs to go. It's pretty clear that he's getting his agenda from Trump, who russian state TV says "is our guy" (in case the link takes you to the beginning of the video, the fun starts at 1:14):

Here's a great video from Jake Broe about an American soldier who goes by the callsign Jackie and who fought in Avdiivka:

Last edited by Qooper; 25th Feb 2024 at 17:43.

As for the 1:30 minute video, i did a bit of an experiment. I used yt-dlp.exe to extract the auto-subtitles file, got ChatGPT to write a Python script that stripped all the time stamps etc, to get the bare text, then ran the output text through ChatGPT again and asked it to turn it into a magazine style article

i had to do it in pieces because the subs file for a 90 minute video was greater than the input tokens ChatGPT 3.5 allows. For a program that's so, so stupid about a lot of things, it's almost eerie how good ChatGPT is at summarizing information and honing in on what are the important parts while ignoring the crud and filler.

In a shocking move, the Russian government has passed a new law that allows for the confiscation of property belonging to Russian citizens who reside abroad. The law targets individuals who publicly criticize the government or spread what it deems to be false information about the country. This includes posting on social media or supporting messages that go against the official narrative.

Under the new law, individuals can be convicted in absentia, meaning they don't even have the opportunity to defend themselves in court. Once convicted, their property – including houses, apartments, bank accounts, and vehicles – can be confiscated by the government.

This drastic measure has been met with widespread concern, both within Russia and internationally. Critics argue that it is a blatant violation of freedom of speech and an attempt to silence dissenting voices.

The law expands on existing legislation that already allows for the confiscation of property in certain criminal cases. Now, spreading "fake news" about the Russian armed forces or engaging in activities deemed to threaten state security can result in the loss of assets.

Russian officials claim that the law is necessary to combat threats to national security and punish those who undermine the country's reputation. However, many see it as a tool to suppress opposition and intimidate critics into silence.

The speed at which the law was passed – just days after being introduced – has raised eyebrows and led to accusations of authoritarianism. Critics fear that it is just the beginning of a broader crackdown on dissent in Russia.

The implications of this law extend beyond Russia's borders, affecting Russian citizens living abroad who may now fear reprisals for speaking out against the government. It serves as a stark reminder of the challenges facing those who dare to challenge authority in Putin's Russia.

As the international community watches with concern, the true impact of this law remains to be seen. But one thing is clear: it marks a dangerous escalation in the Russian government's efforts to silence dissent and tighten its grip on power.
    Last edited by Cipheron; 25th Feb 2024 at 18:47.

Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 271217222732374247484950515253545556 LastLast