TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: T2 FM: Bloody Ruins (29th Oct. 2004)

Thank you gnartsch, it works like a charm!

Dttirin klist oft mur mttli
    Loot fix for this mission.

Code:
    DML1//Bloody Ruins//Fix barrel flinders//miss19.gam.dml

+Link -2984 -4298 "Flinderize"           
    {
        "Count" 4
        "Impulse" 5.00
        "Scatter?" true
        "Offset" 1,1,1
    }
    Code:
    DML1//Bloody Ruins fix loot//miss19.mis.dml

+ObjProp 1504 "PhysType"
    {
    "Type" None
    "# Submodels" 0
    }
    -ObjProp 1504 "PhysControl"
    +ObjProp 1504 "Position"
    {
    "Location" 134.059, -0.43, -39.22
    "Heading" c000
    "Pitch" 0
    "Bank" 0
      }
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 15th Oct 2018 at 11:46.

Nice Discworld reference.

Unfortunately Im facing the same problem as burrick here https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1332463
    Whenever I try to play bloody ruins, it plays running interference

Edit: Im not using darkloader though, Im using FMselector 1.1.2

Edit2: Solution: I just installed darkloader and it works now
    Last edited by Samantha1; 8th May 2020 at 08:30.

See here for an explanation of this problem: https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthre...=1#post2446728

In short, some missions (including this one) are missing the file "missflag.str" from their strings folder. DarkLoader, NewDarkLoader, and the latest version of AngelLoader (1.4.2 and above) patch this problem by generating that file if it doesn't exist. FMSel and older versions of AngelLoader (below 1.4.2) don't, so missions with this file missing will not play and you'll just get Running Interference.

DarkLoader isn't recommended for modern play (it doesn't support some new missions, and it misdetects NewDark Thief 1 missions as Thief 2). Personally I would recommend you use NewDarkLoader or AngelLoader 1.4.2+ as they're currently the only two modern loaders that will be able to play missions with missing "missflag.str" files like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by FenPhoenix View Post
    See here for an explanation of this problem: https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthre...=1#post2446728

In short, some missions (including this one) are missing the file "missflag.str" from their strings folder. DarkLoader, NewDarkLoader, and the latest version of AngelLoader (1.4.2 and above) patch this problem by generating that file if it doesn't exist. FMSel and older versions of AngelLoader (below 1.4.2) don't, so missions with this file missing will not play and you'll just get Running Interference.

DarkLoader isn't recommended for modern play (it doesn't support some new missions, and it misdetects NewDark Thief 1 missions as Thief 2). Personally I would recommend you use NewDarkLoader or AngelLoader 1.4.2+ as they're currently the only two modern loaders that will be able to play missions with missing "missflag.str" files like this one.
    Thank you for the explanation! Im really not very known with the programs of running FMs so it helps alot. This time it worked for me to just install darkloader, but If I have that problem again Ill just go and install newdarkloader. Until now Ive used the FM selector for every single FM and it worked very well until now (though the last lighthouse keeper always CTD, havent found out yet why). I like the FM selector most, unlike darkloader for example its very clear and "pretty"

i tryed to replay this mission and i cant get it to work,i tryed to make the fils from link above,but it would only let me make folder/file by itself and not let me add to strings

can someone please update this mission so i can play it,i need a download that works,trying to play on fmsel thief 2,get all oringal missions and yes i saw issue but it would let me add a folder/file to strings

i know if i got newdark i can just change the prefix in the ini file,but with fmself there is no way to get that file to change it

someone please fix this amazing mission so i can play it

@downwinder

Download

thank you so much glypher,as i love this mission due to the 3 snakes you can combine into one,wish it was used more often

it works perfect thank you so much again

results of replaying mission 1/2 secrets,5412/6607,not asure what secret i got and what one i missed?

only thing that would have made this mission perfect was if i was able to pick up dewdrop so i could rescue him,as i felt bad leaving him there mama,maaamaaa

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789