TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eastwater Bank Gold ready - 2004.02.04

I must have missed something.

I just downloaded it today. I have made it to the teller area, and found a small button revealing a chest in the wall. I am hoping that chest has something to do with the vault code.

Any hints as to how to open the chest? All guards inside have been taken care of, and nearly strip-searched. The lock picks do not seem to work either.

Oh, so close, but yet just not done yet.

~~~~ Edit,
    spoiler:
    found the button in the presidents office.
    Last edited by dirtracer; 7th Feb 2004 at 14:27.

Nice addition....I didn't realize this was an updated version from a previous mission. So I went back to play the original, and I can't finish it! LOL. Still looking for the ring, both versions. I got past the 2000 limit in the second but not the original. One of the things I keep missing are some of the wall pictures. That "X" thingy is very subtle. I was missing it because that was where I dumped a guard I knocked out

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    The ring is
    spoiler:
    not a separate loot object, it's the loot you find in the lockbox on the VP's desk. It combines with your other loot.

Ghost

Where is...?

[Folks]

Can somebody please give somewhat better directions to find the X that (I presume) leads to the sixth secret?

I finished all the objectives. But even after skulking around in the basement and in the teller area, I can't find an X anywhere.

This is driving me nuts!

Thanks,

Dafydd

Sure, here ya go...
    spoiler:
    In the largest basement room (with turbines), go to the extreme southwest corner (the far left corner as you walk in from the hallway leading to the basement entrance). Look down and you'll see the X.

Hopefully that will get you where you need to go, but if not, here's complete spoilage:
    spoiler:
    At the X, crouch and walk straight ahead (to the south). Ta-da!

The note hinting at this secret originally had more spoilage, but at the suggestion of my beta testers I made it more vague.

I've yet to mention that I almost released this mission with a major bug. At Hard difficulty, the loot objective was accidentally left to reverse (it was the No-Kill objective in the original release). What that means is that as soon as you got 1800 loot, the loot objective was FAILED and so was the mission. Glad I happened to choose Hard difficulty on my final walkthrough and fixed it!

Ghost

Thanks, Yandros

[Yandros]

...Though oddly enough, my compass seemed to have, uh, gone south on me. What's up with that? It wasn't in my inventory.

Anyway, I ghosted with 2210 of 2250. The other 40 is probably scattered coins; I never find all of those!

Thanks,

Dafydd

Replaying this classic on "Expert" mode, i canīt find the vault code combination, can anyone tell where it is?

Archivist
    Hi cardia, I don't know myself but I did a search. Maybe this post by Yandros provides the hint you need to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    Hi cardia, I don't know myself but I did a search. Maybe this post by Yandros provides the hint you need to continue.
    Thanks, but i canīt find any hint regarding the Safe code in that link you gave me

It was there! But what you need is to find the blue chest behind a painting down in the teller area (narrow corridor behind the windows looking out into the lobby). Go to the last teller window and look for a small button to the left of the table. The chest is locked with a key up in Anya's office, in the secret behind the painting behind her desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    It was there! But what you need is to find the blue chest behind a painting down in the teller area (narrow corridor behind the windows looking out into the lobby). Go to the last teller window and look for a small button to the left of the table. The chest is locked with a key up in Anya's office, in the secret behind the painting behind her desk.
    Thank Russ! Found it! Missions finished

Compact mission for sure but fun and plenty of secrets to find.
    39min to locate Loot: 2130/2250, Secrets 5/6

I did notice the x in the basement but didn't find the secret wall until after the blind playthrough, I should have investigated more.

i just replayed this mission,with newdark you can get into presidents office right away by jumping down on to the balcony from level 3 lift,nice mission over all

Also, it is possible to get to the outside area (and returning back!) but there is nothing interesting there except the inscription on the statue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12