TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Inside at Last (Thief Podcast) - Ep. 2 - Seven Sisters by Lady Rowena

  1. #1
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2010
    Location: Switzerland

    Inside at Last (Thief Podcast) - Ep. 2 - Seven Sisters by Lady Rowena

    We have a megathread now so please go on there! Links>>> https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthre...07#post2424707


    FM1: Seven Sisters by Lady Rowena

    In our 2nd episode we talk about parts of Lady Rowenas legacy. Her great mission "Seven Sisters" is our main focus. The episode is available on iTunes, Spotify, every podcast app or you can directly get it here: https://ghqvsl.podcaster.de/download...ady_Rowena.mp3


    So please enjoy it and we'd like to have your opinion, feedback and maybe you can answer some of our questions we have during the episode.

    Last edited by Supremcee; 2nd Jul 2019 at 19:03.

  2. #2
    Member
    Registered: May 2016

    Awesome

  3. #3
    Member
    Registered: Sep 1999
    Location: Austin, TX
    This is so cool! Thank you.

  4. #4
    L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Registered: Nov 2005
    Location: Narbonne, France
    I'm halfway through it, no dead air, nice job overall.
    I really like the fact you spend time discussing the lore & readables, and what some would consider minor details of the level design. Those details usually make the difference and help a mission stand out while players don't necessarily realize it.

  5. #5
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2010
    Location: Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by SuaveSteve View Post
    Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    This is so cool! Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    I'm halfway through it, no dead air, nice job overall.
    I really like the fact you spend time discussing the lore & readables, and what some would consider minor details of the level design. Those details usually make the difference and help a mission stand out while players don't necessarily realize it.
    Thanks for all the positive feedback. We apreciate it so much! And yes we try to go as deep as possible into details and still are missing so much, which comes to our mind after listening to the episode

    Actually it was a very interesting way to replay a mission with the podcast in mind. Connecting things not just to the story but to the character and mindset of the author, taking notes, having unanswered questions etc.

    So now it's up to you taffers, which mission should we discuss in our next fanmission episode? Please make some suggestions
    Last edited by Supremcee; 20th Jun 2019 at 16:11.

  6. #6
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth
    Just started listening to this. Am looking forward to finishing it this weekend. You guys say early on Seven Sisters was released in 2005, but i don't think that's correct. I played it just after its release and finished it Feb '08. I think it was released late 2007, December even.

  7. #7
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2010
    Location: Switzerland
    You are totally right, I brought up the '05 even though i checked before the podcast, so my bad...but I think it doesn't change much to the fact that "seven Sisters" is a masterpiece no matter if released 2005 or 2007 (it was, i just checked )

    I must have mixed it up with something else or who know what happened....anyways I hope the stuff we talk about is still enjoyable

    and again, please guys make some suggestions for the next fan missions we should cover, because we have to play it before recording the episode and between work and private life it's pretty time consuming so the earlier we start the better....or should we make a poll with maybe 2-3 suggestions from us?

  8. #8
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2018
    My propositions:

    1. Art of Thievery
    2. T2X: Shadows of Metal Age
    3. COSAS 2: Mission X

  9. #9
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth
    Just finished, and i must say this was a very nice discussion. I very must enjoyed the detail at which you all reviewed the campaign, without giving away many direct spoilers. Im not sure who would listen to it that havent played the mission first anyway.

    To answer some of your questions, the first mission has 7 holy water vials and 7 infected to cure. Night 2 has 8 vials and 9 infected, so you have to double up at least once. But that is pretty easy with the women circuling the cathedral. You can even do a triple i think. As far as the names of the people, i think all the bodies show their names when carried. Cant you just pick them up and read? Im not around a computer with thief right now, but if i was i would try that.

    I suggest Calendras Legacy for your next fan mission. Especially if you are going with highly rated influential releases, then CL is a must. It increased the bar so monumentally, and was released in April 2002, more than 5.5 years before Seven Sisters. Purah (Anthony Huso) has later gone on to become a game developer on Dishonored, among others, deservedly so.

    Oh and i didnt mean anything bad about your Seven Sisters '05 reference, merely a slight correction. And i guess i should say then that T2X was released in May of 2005, well befoe Seven Sisters.

    Thank you. I will definitely check out future episodes.

  10. #10
    Master Builder 2018
    Registered: Jan 2008
    Location: The lovers the dreamers and me
    Calendra's Legacy seconded. Or, perhaps, Saturnine missions The Seventh Crystal and/or Rose Cottage.

  11. #11
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2010
    Location: Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    My propositions:

    1. Art of Thievery
    2. T2X: Shadows of Metal Age
    3. COSAS 2: Mission X
    Thank you, 1: sounds great - i know i loved it 2: amazing but this is a project that wil take time but we will defenitly review this some day 3: Nex and me we haaaaaaate this mission not that it's a bad mission but at the moment I think we wouldn't have the motivation but one day we will because this mission also deserves a spot!

    Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Just finished, and i must say this was a very nice discussion. I very must enjoyed the detail at which you all reviewed the campaign, without giving away many direct spoilers. Im not sure who would listen to it that havent played the mission first anyway.

    To answer some of your questions, the first mission has 7 holy water vials and 7 infected to cure. Night 2 has 8 vials and 9 infected, so you have to double up at least once. But that is pretty easy with the women circuling the cathedral. You can even do a triple i think. As far as the names of the people, i think all the bodies show their names when carried. Cant you just pick them up and read? Im not around a computer with thief right now, but if i was i would try that.

    I suggest Calendras Legacy for your next fan mission. Especially if you are going with highly rated influential releases, then CL is a must. It increased the bar so monumentally, and was released in April 2002, more than 5.5 years before Seven Sisters. Purah (Anthony Huso) has later gone on to become a game developer on Dishonored, among others, deservedly so.

    Oh and i didnt mean anything bad about your Seven Sisters '05 reference, merely a slight correction. And i guess i should say then that T2X was released in May of 2005, well befoe Seven Sisters.

    Thank you. I will definitely check out future episodes.
    Tank you for your effort, yeah they show the names when carried, something I forgot to mention because it's something lady R. did and she played with it. In Rowenas curse for example guards at a same place where for example named with the same first letter or their names would rhyme etc.

    The future episode with you will be very very interesting since you can add so much knowledge and details to it, thanks to you i replayed deaths cold embrace cause you just played it on your channel!

    Quote Originally Posted by pukey brunster View Post
    Calendra's Legacy seconded. Or, perhaps, Saturnine missions The Seventh Crystal and/or Rose Cottage.
    I think that's my personal favorite suggestion so far thank you and maybe the others would agree with me...one of the legendary all time classics

  12. #12
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2009
    Location: WearyTaffer
    Great podcast! I would love to listen to a Purah interview, Asylum would be good to hear from as well if he's still around!

  13. #13
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Supremcee View Post
    3: Nex and me we haaaaaaate this mission not that it's a bad mission but at the moment I think we wouldn't have the motivation but one day we will because this mission also deserves a spot!
    Then maybe try instead Rebellion of the Builder by Gort. Or at least his first mission - Mystic Estate. I don't know if you like this proposition, but I spend a lot of evenings with this FM. I love it and soon I must return to it again.

  14. #14
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Independent Thief View Post
    I would love to listen to a Purah interview
    Oh if you guys got Purah himself to do a podcast, that would be one for the ages. I'd drop anything for that.

  15. #15
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2011
    Location: Wild and Wooly West of Ireland
    Amazing!
    I've listened to all three podcasts now and they are superb. Very relaxed, informative and thoroughly enjoyable. Looking forward to the next one. Well done.

  16. #16
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2010
    Location: Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by Independent Thief View Post
    Great podcast! I would love to listen to a Purah interview, Asylum would be good to hear from as well if he's still around!
    Thank you, we are really stunned by all this positive feedback Purah would be something we'd love to do! maybe someone could give hime a hint
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Then maybe try instead Rebellion of the Builder by Gort. Or at least his first mission - Mystic Estate. I don't know if you like this proposition, but I spend a lot of evenings with this FM. I love it and soon I must return to it again.
    We write down every suggestion, and I'm sure it will be mentioned in the near future at least one of them!

    Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Oh if you guys got Purah himself to do a podcast, that would be one for the ages. I'd drop anything for that.
    Tell him about us and that we are very interested!

    Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    Amazing!
    I've listened to all three podcasts now and they are superb. Very relaxed, informative and thoroughly enjoyable. Looking forward to the next one. Well done.
    Thank you, as said above we are so happy to hear all this positive feedback! And it's just the beginning, we will improve!

  17. #17
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2010
    Location: Switzerland
    We have a megathread now so please go on there! Links>>> https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthre...07#post2424707

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •