TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Thief's Rising - Gold Edition : TDS campaign, 26/4/2013

Hi Adsk1, yes that was my mistake it's the Home Coming mission. I'm missing a were rat and the estate agent as I said. Reached the lava and pagan areas and looted them for the explosives and fire arrows but now can't seem to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Adsk1 View Post
    Loving the walkthrough, Fortuni. Brings back fond memories. Would love to see the rest of it, when it's completed.
    I should be releasing them within a couple of weeks, just need to paste in loads of screenshots and a little bit more proof reading.

In the meantime I'll PM you the walkthroughs as you may wish to add a few things that I have missed

Chischis - The walkthrough that Fortuni posted on the previous page will help you out greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    I should be releasing them within a couple of weeks, just need to paste in loads of screenshots and a little bit more proof reading.
    In the meantime I'll PM you the walkthroughs as you may wish to add a few things that I have missed
    Excellent, I'll read them tomorrow and let you know of any additions or amendments.

Indeed, thank you Fortuni for that concise walkthrough. Didn't have to restart the mission, I did indeed miss a part of the map. I've completed the campaign now.

I have to say, though, when I realised I'd forgotten to check the lava cave a little more closely I was left with a sense of dread. In T1/2 or TDM it wouldn't be such a problem but this being TDS I had to go through 30-40 saves and reloads to make all the jumps to the grate and get back again. I'd almost forgotten how buggy the jumping was in TDS until I played through this. Terrible!

Overall,though, I really enjoyed the campaign Adsk1! I would say though some of the missions had me scouring them for extra loot and that the loot requirements were sometimes a touch on the high side (normal difficulty!). Mission 4 really suffered with the seemingly unnecessary find all the newspapers objective. But the rest of it was solid Thief, my favourites by far being the excellent and suitably creepy mountain and forest missions. I look forward to further missions by you.

The mantling issue is half sorted....

Snobel has added a Run Speed option to the SU tweaks which can help in some instances, certainly helps with tricky jumps, overall it is one seriously good way of cheating

Overall,though, I really enjoyed the campaign Adsk1! I would say though some of the missions had me scouring them for extra loot and that the loot requirements were sometimes a touch on the high side (normal difficulty!).
    At the time of designing my campaign, I had decided that I wanted the whole game to be a real challenge for experienced TDS players and so I upped the anti on the loot totals.

Mission 4 really suffered with the seemingly unnecessary find all the newspapers objective.
    The idea behind this was for the player to read them and get an idea of what's going on in the city as well as with your rival, not that you know that the newspapers are all referring to your rival at that point in the game.

But the rest of it was solid Thief, my favourites by far being the excellent and suitably creepy mountain and forest missions.
    The mountain mission was by far and away my most favourite mission, both in designing and playing. The forest mission was a break away from all those urban areas, which was a nice change. But building the map with all those trees, I still have nightmares about the tedium of placing so much foliage!
    I look forward to further missions by you.
    I'm not saying there will or won't be any more campaigns from me. I'm not entirely sure if many people are still playing TDS and while I did have a crack at the Dark Mod Engine, I've got so much to learn, I can't bring myself to do that, not for now anyway.
    I have started a project (or two) for TDS, but I do it in dribs and drabs, extremely sparingly. in fact I haven't touched it for over a year now, so who knows if it'll ever get finished.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it.

Is this mission very hard or is it just me? I'm having to keep reloading because the tiniest sounds sets the guards on me. Mission 2.
    Its getting very frustrating

If you are struggling you can always turn your 'Difficulty Setting' down in your SU tweaks

Mission 2. Where is the key to the cell so I can free the lizard man? I read the book where he talks about the levers, found that, found the secret room in attic where bottle was, but I am not finding the key to cell

Arch! Never mind... Found it as usual, right after posting...

I'll PM you a link to the walkthrough for GE version...again that's not ready for release, still a bit of work to do on it, including lightening the screenshots, so you may have a bit of trouble seeing some of them.

Walkthrough for this mission can be found in the OP http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2184053
    Last edited by fortuni; 5th Feb 2016 at 18:50.

Thank you so much fortuni.

This is my first TDM mission and now I understand the lack of popularity for them. Mantling and blackjacking are horrific. The A1s look very alien-ish.
    I don't believe I'll be playing any more TDM missions

This is my first TDM mission and now I understand the lack of popularity for them. Mantling and blackjacking are horrific. The A1s look very alien-ish.
    I don't believe I'll be playing any more TDM missions
    Erm, you do realise that this is actually a TDS (Thief: Deadly Shadows, aka. Thief 3) mission set?
    TDM (The Dark Mod) is a brilliant fan made mod of the Doom III Engine, and thus, totally different.
    Just so you know.

Yes mantling in T3 is not that easy, but you soon get used to it, just like any other new game getting used to the controls is sometimes the biggest learning curve!

But there are some great missions in the T3 back catalogue, I would highly advise checking out any of Savar's missions, The Hotel and The Blue Rose are arguably his best and I would also recommend All the worlds a Stage, possibly my favourite T3 mission......before you put T3 to bed permanently

I meant T3. I'm playing it now so I know it's T3. Simple error.

I am in the forest, and I am stuck for a very stupid objective: "you gained 900 G, not bad considering it's a hostile territory, try to double that!", this has no sense... I'm a 1750, and I cannot end the mission because of those missing 50 G. (yeah, as if a thief would stuck there for hours searching for an arbitrary doubling the loot...) I have searched everywhere... any hint? Is there some loot you know it worths 50 G there? Where is located?

These kinds of objectives shold be left as facultative, otherwise they ruin all the game experience leaving nothing but frustration, even thought it's a great design just like in this case.
    Last edited by Linda; 2nd Jul 2019 at 21:48.

This should help

Confrontation Lootlist

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I am in the forest, and I am stuck for a very stupid objective: "you gained 900 G, not bad considering it's a hostile territory, try to double that!", this has no sense... I'm a 1750, and I cannot end the mission because of those missing 50 G. (yeah, as if a thief would stuck there for hours searching for an arbitrary doubling the loot...) I have searched everywhere... any hint? Is there some loot you know it worths 50 G there? Where is located?

These kinds of objectives shold be left as facultative, otherwise they ruin all the game experience leaving nothing but frustration, even thought it's a great design just like in this case.
    Sorry, Linda. I was trying to replicate a similar objective from a forest mission from one of the earlier Thief games. But in hindsight, as you rightly said, it should have become an optional objective.
    Thanks for the compliment regarding the design. Hope you've enjoyed playing it, overall.

Thanks for providing the solution, Fortuni!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678