TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Patriot: Mission 9 "Enemy"

I think this mission is very hard and frustrating because of the special actions. But i think this is the most interesting and beautiful building in the campaign.
    In the tower, 2nd floor, check the windows maybe you sould make a hard save before doing that.
    For that bottle, it didn't work for me for the first time, i had to try finding the proper position. Would you give a try, approaching that door from the right, near the wall?
    Last edited by Cheela; 6th Jun 2019 at 01:53.

Thank you so much Cheela!

Took me many many attempts to get out of the tower as one of the guards was standing in the open doorway and saw me every time. Eventually managed by a bit of trickery. Doubt I could repeat it!

Drunk guard: Once again, eventually worked as you said. I'd tried that before, but obviously not quite right.

As you say, a beautiful (if frustrating) mission, though for me, the monastery was better.

Not again! I'm very close to giving up on this. This is the most random mission I've ever played. No sense of logic or reason.
    I've entered the code. Cue big explosion. What now? I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    Not again! I'm very close to giving up on this. This is the most random mission I've ever played. No sense of logic or reason.
    I've entered the code. Cue big explosion. What now? I have no idea.
    Check the corridor near kitchen. Then head to starting point, there is something that changed nearby, behind the trees. You know, when Count was attacked, they mentioned a well...

@frobbin hood:

I think that that well is mentioned just for letting us to know there is a free way now to that sealed off house. I think so because i was stuck there when i visited it before the big lock-up. I just didn't want to be so explicit that's why i mentioned only the well. It is my fault. So, explore that place.
    But i see you are on your way now.

Now i need help as well:
    can somebody tell me where to find a writing for Charlie, that mentions a missing necklace? I am sure i have read it but where...?!

And i got the info (thank you very much to the author, i could never ever figure it out on my own but there were proper hints), there is something to do with Lady Fauls's ruby ring. But only if you have read a connected writing earlier in mission 3, archive. So, what could be that ring for?

Finally finished this mission - 6 hours 28 minutes!!! Thanks mainly to Cheela.

This is a very beautiful map and it is obvious a lot of work has gone into it. However, it would benefit from some more in-game clues on what to do\how to achieve your goals and why you need to do certain things. The player needs to feel he\she has a strategy, rather than just randomly wandering around looking for things. I appreciate that when you are designing a mission, you are very close to the storyline and of course, fully understand what is going on. However the players (particularly the dumb ones like me) need clearer guidance, otherwise it can get very frustrating.
    All in all, though this is a very enjoyable campaign.

Now on to 'Reanimator'.....

need a walk-through way to hard

is there a walk-through

for this mission please?

The mission is very hard

thanks

Congratulations, Zontik, on successfully creating the most terrifying moment I've ever experienced in an FM When that headless guy got off the table, I almost peed myself and scared the hell out of my dog with my outburst of terror

Excellent work on this campaign! I'm enjoying it immensely!

I'm sure these questions have been asked and answered, but I don't want too much information just yet.
    The body has been found and the doors are now sealed.
    I have gone through every room on the map and a bunch of secret areas except the royal apartments - it seems there might be a way in through the secret in the library but I can't find it. Neither can I access the pump or control rooms in the basement.
    There are two consoles (one above theater has colors, one in security has numbers) that I haven't used.
    I have a fuel can for some reason.

Based on this information, what do I need to do/where to go next? There was mention of the well but now I can't get outside.

@Munkeepants
    Royal apartments: library secret lift, go up to next level (2?) switch under the spiral staircase, on central column. Another switch to one of the iron doors, inside the apartment, on a desk
    Color console: i thought it should have had some extra meaning but it seems to be meaningless up to now
    Control room at basement pool: approach that door from the right, very near the wall. The thrown out bottle, you can fill with pool water, then go back to that door, the same way - from right, nrea the wall
    Code console: after dealing with the guard at pool control room, you will know what code to use there - and then you will get free way to the courtyard.
    Fuel: after the big close up you have access to a sealed house nearby. Just use code console and go out to starting point and then see what could be behind the trees/little forest
    Last edited by Cheela; 21st Jun 2019 at 02:39.

thank you, Cheela
    I had neglected to check the theater set window again.
    The color console does cleverly change the color of the spotlight; I didn't know if a certain combination would do something else, too.
    I was confused between the pump room and the control room; now by consulting the thread for further questions I've finished the mission

There is a lot of back-and-forth in this large mission, and triggering events to proceed; the most annoying thing to me was the elevators without call buttons!

@ MrMunkeepants
    I am sorry it was my fault, i mixed up pump room and control room. Sorry. Made the correction.

Yes, it is very complicated seeing through the triggering events, and there is that ring of Lady Fauls, there is something to do with that, a bonus objective but only when a book had been read in mission 3 - and i think it is literally impossible to figure out what to do with the ring in order to complete this bonus objective. But it is a great idea!.
    In spite of this, this mission was the best or me as well, those secrets and passages...perfect!
    Last edited by Cheela; 21st Jun 2019 at 02:58.

so stuck. I'm up on a ladder looking through a hole and Garrett says something about moving the elevator that's blocking the view.
    how do I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramone View Post
    so stuck. I'm up on a ladder looking through a hole and Garrett says something about moving the elevator that's blocking the view.
    how do I do that?
    Hi, it is a hint that you have to go back there later, at the moment the Count is in his tower and the lift blocks the view.
    Now, if you go back to the hall, at a certain point you should see a cutscene about the Baron's arrive. If you can't see that, please check that this actions are already done:
    - visiting the Senior Scribe's room in the Library balcony, and read the books (key is at a servant in his room)
    - visiting the prompt box in the Theatre

Can you now proceed?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheela View Post
    Hi, it is a hint that you have to go back there later, at the moment the Count is in his tower and the lift blocks the view.
    Now, if you go back to the hall, at a certain point you should see a cutscene about the Baron's arrive. If you can't see that, please check that this actions are already done:
    - visiting the Senior Scribe's room in the Library balcony, and read the books (key is at a servant in his room)
    - visiting the prompt box in the Theatre

Can you now proceed?
    Cheela thanks,
    I have been to the Senior Scribe room, with the key from the servant, picked up and read a book about Secret passages and dungeons,
    and I've been to the prompt box and saw a cutscene there, but still nothing. Do you mean go back to the Hall or to the Great Hall? cause I don't have access to the Great hall

Cheela thanks,
    I have been to the Senior Scribe room, with the key from the servant, picked up and read a book about Secret passages and dungeons,
    and I've been to the prompt box and saw a cutscene there, but still nothing. Do you mean go back to the Hall or to the Great Hall? cause I don't have access to the Great hall
    I mean the Hall. Does it work? The Great Hall will open up after the cutscene about the Baron's arrival and re-visiting that lift service room with the ladder (with other cutscene) .
    There are so many triggering actions in this mission, sorry i can't see through them correctly. Maybe the visiting of the pump room at basement is missing?
    Last edited by Cheela; 6th Jul 2019 at 14:50.

I mean the Hall. Does it work? The Great Hall will open up after the cutscene about the Baron's arrival and re-visiting that lift service room with the ladder (with other cutscene) .
    There are so many triggering actions in this mission, sorry i can't see through them correctly. Maybe the visiting of the pump room at basement is missing?
    Doesn't work. been to the pump room, got the code, but nothing. Maybe something went wrong. I'll restart the mission

Doesn't work. been to the pump room, got the code, but nothing. Maybe something went wrong. I'll restart the mission
    OK, but maybe there is just something missing, a paper, or a scroll... in the library maybe (Scribe's petition? next to the entrance door in library?). I did a few things only when i played it, no objectives were ticked off, and that scene was activated. Or first some extra guards were standing up in the Hall and approaching them activated the movie.
    I would like to help you but it is really difficult, figuring out what comes after what.

I hope Galaer will see this post he knows everything.
    And i hope this time you will manage to activate the cutscene.
    Last edited by Cheela; 6th Jul 2019 at 17:33.

OK, so it was quite a long time I played this mission. I believe that Baron arrival scene is triggered by visiting secret passages in Library. I don't know what exactly you need to do there, but I believe until you don't go there, Baron will not appear. After the scene you need to go to this pump room. And after that you will need to go to Tower.

OK, but maybe there is just something missing, a paper, or a scroll... in the library maybe (Scribe's petition? next to the entrance door in library?). I did a few things only when i played it, no objectives were ticked off, and that scene was activated. Or first some extra guards were standing up in the Hall and approaching them activated the movie.
    I would like to help you but it is really difficult, figuring out what comes after what.

I hope Galaer will see this post he knows everything.
    And i hope this time you will manage to activate the cutscene.
    Bingo! Scribe's petition. Thanks a lot Cheela, been stuck for two days, I can finally move on

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    OK, so it was quite a long time I played this mission. I believe that Baron arrival scene is triggered by visiting secret passages in Library. I don't know what exactly you need to do there, but I believe until you don't go there, Baron will not appear. After the scene you need to go to this pump room. And after that you will need to go to Tower.
    Thanks Galaer, I've been everywhere, I just didn't notice this scroll.

I think pwl was in a similar situation, wonder if it was the same thing

need help again... I've gone outside to the sealed house and fueled the generator (went outside by putting the code and killing the count and creating a hole in the wall) what should i do next? the only objective i need to do is to find the tunnel key.

edit: found the secret door
    Last edited by MayheM; 6th Jul 2019 at 23:13.

I have a question. I was exploring outside near grate just after 2 little houses at the beginning when I got a message that I found a secret. But I didn't found any reward or found secret area. So I'm confused. I couldn't recreate that, but could somebody tell me what happened? Is it somehow related to the mysterious final secret?

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    I have a question. I was exploring outside near grate just after 2 little houses at the beginning when I got a message that I found a secret. But I didn't found any reward or found secret area. So I'm confused. I couldn't recreate that, but could somebody tell me what happened? Is it somehow related to the mysterious final secret?
    I know only that the "final" secret (if you mean the last missing secret) is inside the building. Maybe you have found some extra thing? Does the secret counter show it as well at the end of the the mission?
    Last edited by Cheela; 16th Jul 2019 at 02:00.

I know only that the "final" secret (if you mean the last missing secret) is inside the building. Maybe you have found some extra thing? Does the secret counter show it as well at the end of the the mission?
    Yes, it counts as a secret. I had 1/16 secrets, because of that. But there is nothing there, so I guess that this is a glitch and I somehow activated other secret from the outside. This was weird. And also I tried to recreate that, but it never worked.

Can someone answer a question please:

I have read the code in the control room but now if I want to enter any combination in the security room Garret just says: "Why would I do that?" or something like that. Is that normal? Do I need to do something else before?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast