TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: New T2 Mission : "Les Paolis" updated to V. 1.1 (13-07-2019)

I saw an "R" letter on those banners and assumed that it cannot be C(!)occo's castle so I haven't tried hard to get inside.
    Why "R"?

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    I saw an "R" letter on those banners and assumed that it cannot be C(!)occo's castle so I haven't tried hard to get inside.
    Why "R"?
    I am not sure, but i think because his name is Lord Renault Cocco, and he is the chief of the Ronaldi clan. I don't know why was he mentioned simply as "Cocco", It would be easier connecting the letter "R" with his first name as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheela View Post
    Edit: i missed 2 places at the river so 1.300 loot is missing now.
    I found something shiny here at Place de l'Immaculée, is it loot as well? How could i access that rooftop?
    So this place is available from rooftop. You need to go behind writer's house near canal end. Above on the right is metal railing. Below it is wooden texture. Use rope arrow and mantle over the railing. Then go to river bend. Also you will be forced to cross slippery roof. For that you need speed potion.

For the loot:
    1. Check both yards between building for golden bottles on well lighted windows above yard. You will need to mantle on lamps to reach it.
    2. At the top of one of the towers in the castle is coin stack.
    3. Right from the beginning is building with 2 ledges. You can rope up and go to the end of lower ledge to get some loot.
    4. Most of balconies is high above, but one (above canal) is below your point of view. You will need to do strafe jump to reach it.
    5. Giant clock near the fountain - you can rope up there for a loot.
    6. Ring on pedestal with Jesus statue in Cathedral.

And also check every corner of the street and windows on street level for a loot. And of course search for balconies and ledges you missed. Most of the time there is a way up.

@Galaer
    Thank you very much for the tips!
    I didn't count with the speed potion so i managed not to fall down from the slippery rooftop! That's tricky.

From the 6 point of this loot list i only missed the 3rd, i can see it now but i have no more patience to try jumping onto that tiny ledge, so... I missed one golden plate in an inner garden and a golden owl in a house opposite to the cathedral gate.
    You can't imagine what i felt yesterday when i saw that fancy egg figure at the clock face high up

24356 loot now.
    I will keep searching for a short time but i am on giving it up.

Thanks again!

Anyway, how many (pickable) victrolas are there in this second part? I found 10 so far if i counted them correctly.

Edit: i got that loot from the ledge, and found a sack of spice at the wheelbarrow nearby.
    Still 24.496...
    Never mind.
    Thank you all for your kind help!
    And many thanks Cardia for this nice campaign, beautiful city parts!
    Last edited by Cheela; 3rd Jul 2019 at 12:44.

sorry to everyone if i wasn't able to reply sooner , but i finally start working on my new Job.

Ok let's see what we have here...

Marbrien , the assassin nationalist can be found in the rue des ourvriers, is is next to a whore

Supremcee, i know that problem you have , i had it but only in the second mission if i come directly from the first mission without exiting. I believe that problem is due to heavy textures, can you test the mission without the skybox (Fam/skyhw) and tell me if you are still suffering a crash in the first mission. Are you using ep patches, new Thief 2 HD textures?

Cheela the last secret you are missing : check the house in the rue de la cathédrale. Thank you so much for the positive feedback it means alot to me, that's what makes me continue sharing missions here.
    Last edited by Cardia; 4th Jul 2019 at 03:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    the last secret you are missing : check the house in the rue de la cathédrale.
    On this street opposite to Cathedral is only 1 house and tavern. I searched the whole house and after 1 hour of searching I couldn't find any secret switch.

Galaer, the secret in the house on Rue de la Cathédrale: directly opposite the door you enter the house, there is a non-frobbable door. There's a switch on top of that door frame.
    Last edited by Marbrien; 4th Jul 2019 at 10:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Galaer, the secret in the house on Rue de la Cathédrale: directly opposite the door you enter the house, there is a non-frobbable door. There's a switch on top of that door frame.
    Thanks. Immediately after you mentioned the location, I noticed the switch. I have no idea how I missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheela View Post
    From the starting point (Place de l'immaculée) go to the right, and keep going to the end of the street (Rue des commerçants). Turning to the right, there you can see the castle entrance. Use rope arrow to enter.
    I tried that method to get in but as much as i jump i cant get over the wall. The wood beam is too low.

Quote Originally Posted by ciscokidd73 View Post
    I tried that method to get in but as much as i jump i cant get over the wall. The wood beam is too low.
    Make sure you have New mantle enable. when climbing up don't stay to close to the wall, step away a bit from the wall, till the edge of the wooden beam, then jump up and forward to grab the edge of the wall, always pressing the jump key.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Make sure you have New mantle enable. when climbing up don't stay to close to the wall, step away a bit from the wall, till the edge of the wooden beam, then jump up and forward to grab the edge of the wall, always pressing the jump key.
    ugh SOAB that should never get disabled.

Cardia:

Hi Pedro, first of all: thank you very much for these 2 missions. As always fantastic architecture, some very nice details and a special mediterranean touch, I love that.

Now my questions:

In mission 1 I found 6 victrolas, all secrtes but I'm still missing 240 (to the total available amount).

In mission 2 I found 11 victrolas (+ the unfrobbable one), 2 music buttons, all secrets (2 of them with the help of the forum) but I'm still missing 1132 loot (to the total available amount). Now I have only 2 ropes left and no more speed & slowfall potions, this makes it difficult to revisit certain locations. So I think to replay.

Do you perhaps have a lootlist? That would help to find the very last bits of loot. I am quite obsessed to always find every piece of loot.

Greetings and again a big THANKS to you,
    urumo

Hi Urumo, i assume you are playing in "expert" mode, as for victrolas if i remember correctly those are the values you mention above, in any case the next updated version of this mission will have a bonus invisible goal that ticks off once you have found all victrolas, also for the loot in "Expert" there will be less 1795 loot demanded for the second mission and less 1105 for the first mission.

I don't have a lootlist , but i will make walktrough videos.

I'm glad you´re enjoying this one and thank you for playing it

Thank you for these missions, Cardia. Dislikes: the loot targets (I know you plan to lower them) and placements; the fact the player cannot safely return from some high places, and cannot always make certain hard-to-enter places easier to re-enter once they have got in. Likes: I thought the French-speaking guards were excellent, I liked the sky full of stars; the ability to turn off the music (usually), and the touches of humour (thank you for burying Marine Le Pen). I also liked the décor and the artwork.

Thank you Marbrien for your positive feedback. Yes i know Deep house is not the cup of tea for many people that's why i want to give players the freedom to turn off the victrolas. As for the loot amount don't worry next version will be accessible. Ahhh you recognized Marine Le Pen tombstone

Question in Mission 2

First of all, I managed at normal difficulty to find just enough loot to end the first mission without doing a CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-END. Cardia, your missions may have high loot goals, but they are achievable, and great Thief gameplay! I'm now exploring the second mission.

I've reached the tavern "Maison au Delerin" but I can't find Hippolyte. All the people in the public areas of the tavern are deep in their own conversations (most of 'em) and none are frobbable.

- prjames

Update: Nevermind. I didn't get close enough to him the first time - he's sitting alone to the right of the stage.
    Last edited by prjames; 5th Jul 2019 at 22:09. Reason: Answered my own question

Thank you prjames, you can play the next updated version in "expert", the loot amount required will be much lower that the loot amount request on normal in this version you are playing.

what is code for room with 6 statues?

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    what is code for room with 6 statues?
    there is only one code in this mission and it's for Lord Renaud Cocco's safe, you can get the code by Hyppolite ,like it says in the goal.

I will add more rope arrows for the second mission for those who want to return to places of harder access.

i made a mistake meant for another board,sorry

Just wanted to say a big thank you....for these very nice missions....they kept me busy for a long time...I only had about half the loot and obviously missed a lot of places,maybe high up away from the streets....but got most of the objectives on each game....I am so glad and grateful that we are still getting a few FM's to play after all this time

Thank you JonesCrusher, i´m glad you have enjoyed, i see i have to update the mission the most fast as possible otherwise other people will keep coming playing this old version, i have removed the link, unless there's another available in another thief site. Anyway the loot amount request will be drastically lowered in the next version for all difficult levels.

How do I get in the open window opposite the flat roof with 2 braziers in Place de l'obelisque?
    Tried 100 times jumping with speed potions, via arch.

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    How do I get in the open window opposite the flat roof with 2 braziers in Place de l'obelisque?
    Tried 100 times jumping with speed potions, via arch.
    The ornament wooden panels can be roped , check the one above a door and next to a lamp.

i will release this mission updated this week-end.

Ah. Thank you, I thought they were banners!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast