TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What the actual hell is the deal with the GPU marketplace right now?

verbose douchebag

What the actual hell is the deal with the GPU marketplace right now?

Ok, so I've been going through the Assassin's Creed games like a knife through butter lately and just started Origins and for the first time in the series, I have to tone down the graphics settings.
    Haven't upgraded card for over 2 years, so figure this might be time to take a look and see what's out there, and holy shit all of the current gen cards are either impossible to get, or being hawked on eBay for a trillion euros.

What gives? Did I just choose a weird moment to go GPU shopping, or is this just how it is now?
    Should I wait? Are there any cards currently worth getting which are obtainable (current card is this one)?

[EDIT] Alternatively, is it worth me trying some SLI type stuff to get some extra frames? My motherboard is this one.
    Last edited by faetal; 7th Feb 2021 at 11:02.

Pandemic induced shortages / shipping cost increases / increased demand + material shortages and other bottlenecks + cryptominers. Wait for summer. SLI is not worth it.
    Last edited by Starker; 7th Feb 2021 at 14:14.

verbose douchebag
    Cool, will keep my head down. AC:O looks pretty onwhat I've got it set at anyway.