TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ack! There's a zombie in the basement (17/10/04)

Oh yes, I see. Just made it upstairs without blackjacking anyone. Wasn't even that difficult, lots of time. Went straightly through the main gate.

Ah, and the video is cool. ^^

Just what I needed, a fun little FM. Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Vogelfrei
    Ah, and the video is cool. ^^
    ACK! I didn't know it had one! T2 isn't playing movies at the moment because i deleted a file that was stopping Media Player from playing movies. I've just opened up the .zip and watched it with Media Player.

I let the zombie out and had it chase me upstairs. I ran to the attic ladder and let the zombie kill everybody. It was LONELY dammit.

One question- how do you 'ghost' the front foyer by the stairs with just one moss arrow? I just LOOK at the floor and guards would go ballistic.

If you want to ghost the front foyer,
    spoiler:
    you shoot the moss arrow in the center of the floor. It is possible to do a running jump from the dining room to the moss area and then jump to the stairs.

You actually don't need the moss arrow.
    Enter through the front doors and wait until the lower level guard has left the foyer. Then take your sword and move slowly into the shadows in the corner of the stairs. The guard won't touch you, most times even not see you and when only for a short moment, just some "Did I really see that"-mumbling.

This might not be working each time, though. I think you have to be a little lucky with the upper level guards not facing your direction. But for me it worked the first time I tried it.

Right. Moss is not necessary. Just time the guards and creep-creep-creep as fast as you can without making much noise.

I missed 20 loot. Probably a well-hidden coin....

Nice mission, Polygon. Thanks.

I Cannot Read Instructions
    There are a few well-hidden coins and rings about the place. Or maybe you missed the secret, but it would be pretty hard to miss and I'm not sure that's only twenty loot.

I could write a loot list for this, but I don't think it would really be needed, and the loot hunt's enjoyable anyway.

smithpd - Did you get the
    spoiler:
    coin on the kitchen table?
    It's worth 20g and easy to miss seeing.

I have a loot list for this mission. If anyone wants it, just email me.

Something Missing....

I'm half way through the mission (I think) but I don't have any objectives. The boxes are there and they tick off normally but there's no text. I've completed the "Get the horn" one and discovered (belatedly) the 1 blackjack rule but have no idea what the others are. Could some kind Taffer post the objectives for me?

I Cannot Read Instructions
    Try reinstalling it with Darkloader. Maybe it didn't unzip the file intrface\miss17\goals.str, which would cause that to happen. If it still doesn't work, here are the goals (some goals won't appear on certain difficulties):

spoiler:
    fiction_0: "Your in need of some quick cash. Robbing a house in one of the nicer neighborhoods should do the trick. Grab at least 750 in loot."
    text_0: "Grab at least 750 in loot."

fiction_1: "Your in need of some quick cash. Robbing a house in one of the nicer neighborhoods should do the trick. Grab at least 1000 in loot."
    text_1: "Grab at least 1000 in loot."

fiction_2: "Your in need of some quick cash. Robbing a house in one of the nicer neighborhoods should do the trick. Grab at least 1250 in loot."
    text_2: "Grab at least 1250 in loot."

fiction_3: "You don't want more unwanted attention to your nighttime activities. Don't kill any unarmed civilians."
    text_3: "Don't kill any unarmed civilians."

fiction_4: "You don't want more unwanted attention to your nighttime activities and you're certainly not a killer. Don't kill anyone."
    text_4: "Don't kill anyone."

fiction_5: "This is a small household. Somebody going missing will draw attention. Don't use more then one knockout."
    text_5: "Don't use more then one knockout."

fiction_6: "Zombies are nasty creatures. We can't have this one messing things up. Get rid of it."
    text_6: "Get rid of the zombie."

fiction_7: "A prized possession. That should certainly be worth something. Add the prized possession to your own collection."
    text_7: "Add the prized possession to your own collection."

fiction_8: "Once you're done exit the premises."
    text_8: "Once you're done exit the premises."

That's copied from goals.str. Since it sounds like you're playing on Expert, all the goals are effective for you, with the exception of the lower two loot objectives and the goal to kill no civilians as all are made obsolete by other goals.

Hey, just finished this little mission -- short, but sweet, and pretty as a picture. Nice attention to detail and fun to play. Polygon, you really should try your hand at a larger mission. I'm sure it would be wonderful.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Oh he is, trust me...
    He and I are working on a 2-mission set called Death's Cold Embrace.
    In fact, Ack! was actually begun as just a test mission for him to try out ideas for Act 2.

Now that's excellent news! Another one to add to my Can't Wait list!

Morrgan has recently written a review and rating of this great little mission on her website, you can read it here:
    Morrgan's Ack! review

Also, an updated version of this mission was released earlier this year (with a complete absence of fanfare), which has several minor changes and improvements. You can download it here: http://www.thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=Ack

10/10

I really enjoyed this mission, thank you.

DML to fix zombie.

Code:
    DML1

//Ack! There's a Zombie in the Basement: Fix zombie objective - miss17.mis.dml

-Receptron 63 BashStim
    -Receptron 63 SlashStim
    +Receptron 63 BashStim
    {
       Min "None"
       Max "None"
       Target "Me"
       Effect "damage"
       {
          "Damage Type" 0
          "Use stimulus as type" false
          "Multiply By" -1.00
          "Then Add" 0
       }
    }
    +Receptron 63 SlashStim
    {
       Min "None"
       Max "None"
       Target "Me"
       Effect "damage"
       {
          "Damage Type" 0
          "Multiply By" -1.00
          "Then Add" 0
       }
    }
    +Receptron 63 WeaponStim
    {
       Min "None"
       Max "None"
       Target "Me"
       Effect "damage"
       {
          "Damage Type" 0
          "Multiply By" -1.00
          "Then Add" 0
       }
    }

Fun little mission

Time: 20 min 19 seconds
    Loot: 1318/1348 1/1 Secret Found
    The zombie doesn't really die but the mission still completed after swording it a few times. I assume Fortuni's DML post above is the fix for it.

Correct, with the dml the sword becomes useless, so the only way to kill the zombie and complete the mission, is to use something else.
    Last edited by fortuni; 28th Jan 2020 at 16:40.

I've added a German translation and made an update on http://www.0815x.de/thief/FMs/ack_v11_ENDE.zip. Mirrors welcome.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12