TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: T2 FM: Fables of the Penitent Thief, by Sliptip and Digi (Nov 8th 2010)

Just played through this after seeing it mentioned in a recent thread about Cel shading... FUN!
    How many easter eggs are there in total, and do you get something for finding them all?

If I remember right there are like 24. I could be off a bit. But I do know you get a reward for finding them. You will get it at some point in the 2nd mission.

Just played this as well for the first time. Enjoyed it immensely, I must say. It certainly didn't feel like Thief at all! Incredibly creative

About the easter eggs:

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyph1208 View Post
    How many easter eggs are there in total, and do you get something for finding them all?
    Ricebug's Walkthroughs for 2010, available here, also cover "Fables of the Penitent Thief". 25 easter eggs are listed there, including their locations. Neither this walkthrough nor my writings about that mission say anything about whether you get anything for the eggs.

Mission Broke?

I am playing with latest new dark and windows 10. Never had problems before until this newest new dark. Can't read book at start and cant talk to family. The book and family highlight but noting happens when frobbed What broke?

Edit: Im using Angeloader to play. I also tried changing the nvscript as it was out of date but nogo.
    Edit2: Tried to play with newdarkloader and same issue. Does anyone have any ideas? This is one of my favorite missions.
    Last edited by Stingm; 21st Jan 2020 at 22:44.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    If you revert to NewDark 1.26 does the mission work properly? This would of course point to a possible bug in NewDark.
    NV just released a new NVScript, so try it on the off chance it fixes the issue: https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134166

We probably need to open the mission in Dromed to see what scripts are being used here, and to confirm the modules are being loaded, and then try to diagnose the problem more specifically.

I tried the new nvscript both in t2 directory and in fm directory and no change. How do we open the mission in dromed and confirm modules etc? And what are modules etc? Sorry never used dromed before.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I will need to do that, but first have you tried running the mission with NewDark 1.26 to rule out some kind of bug in 1.27 (or more likely something in the Fm which is incompatible with a change in 1.27)?

How do I roll back to 1.26?

Before attempting to roll back, if you are using T2Fix be sure to drop the latest NVScript module into the OSM directory rather than anywhere else, replacing as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax64 View Post
    Before attempting to roll back, if you are using T2Fix be sure to drop the latest NVScript module into the OSM directory rather than anywhere else, replacing as necessary.
    That fixed it for me...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KM...iTY4RTm7tSLbdg

That worked! I don't know why but I was putting it in the t2 directory. So osm is where you want the latest scripts. Why are there some of the same scripts in the main directory? Thank you all so much!

LOL and Kudos!

Unbelievably clever, charming, and fun!

When I first loaded it, my reaction was WTF?

But immediately I just melted. It's so engaging and light hearted.

This is Thief for the child in us all, wide-eyed and full of wonder!

My favorite: A rat finally has a speaking role!

Simply brilliant!

I must add that the design and game play decisions were spot on.
    And a special mention for the music, which was perfectly appropriate and never annoying. It made me think of Mario 64 at times, and that is high praise.

I can't believe I missed playing this one until now.
    Last edited by tone_lord; 1st Feb 2020 at 01:40. Reason: additional comments

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910