TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 35 of 35

Thread: Ai healing in theory

  1. #26
    Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Registered: Apr 2015
    In this case it wouldn't be a attack, but a link, nvrelaytrap or a stim radius. There are many ways to achieve this.

  2. #27
    New Member
    Registered: Oct 2018
    Location: Germany
    I agree with that.

    But I still do not know if mages are only allowed to have one attack and are not able so to switch between for example fireball and crushing vines. Any Ideas?

  3. #28
    Member
    Registered: May 2002
    Location: Texas
    Mages and every other AI that shoots a projectile can have more than one type, but the AI can't select between them. IIRC they are cycled through in order, but you can also specify which projectile occurs more often than the others.

    I'm not at my PC so I can't reference the exact terms, but if you look at the poisonous spider in TG you can see that it shoots webs or damaging projectiles.

    I don't know if this will help, but when a human is carrying a healing potion on his/her belt and incurrs damage, the AI will drink the potion and be healed.

  4. #29
    New Member
    Registered: Oct 2018
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    Mages and every other AI that shoots a projectile can have more than one type, but the AI can't select between them. IIRC they are cycled through in order, but you can also specify which projectile occurs more often than the others.

    I'm not at my PC so I can't reference the exact terms, but if you look at the poisonous spider in TG you can see that it shoots webs or damaging projectiles.

    I don't know if this will help, but when a human is carrying a healing potion on his/her belt and incurrs damage, the AI will drink the potion and be healed.

    It only shoots webs (their secondary attack) when the player is in range otherwise they use their primary attack. In some FMs, some mages can switch between multiple attack types. In the mission "Equilibrium" the enemies are able to switch between Bow and arrow and sword cobat.

    But my main question now is how am I able to get AIs to attack their wounded partners with an attack that does negative damage. I have seen great workaround solutions, but nothing awnsers that question.
    Last edited by SilentDragon; 17th Sep 2019 at 09:52.

  5. #30
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2006
    Location: On the tip of your tongue.
    There's not going to be any quick fix for that. It's not something the game was designed to do so any way will require a workaround.

    You might be able to add a "Wounded" stim in a radius to an AI when their hit points drops below a certain threshold, then have a receptron on the other AI that temporarily changes their Team to Good and temporarily changes their AIProjectile link to a healing bolt. Sounds like it would be a very flaky system though.

  6. #31
    Member
    Registered: May 2002
    Location: Texas
    I don't think it would be feasible to implement because the game doesn't center on combat and thus isn't expected to last very long. AI that are attacked by other AI or the player usually won't last long enough to be healed by another AI. This sounds a lot like something you would find in Oblivion.

  7. #32
    New Member
    Registered: Oct 2018
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    There's not going to be any quick fix for that. It's not something the game was designed to do so any way will require a workaround.

    You might be able to add a "Wounded" stim in a radius to an AI when their hit points drops below a certain threshold, then have a receptron on the other AI that temporarily changes their Team to Good and temporarily changes their AIProjectile link to a healing bolt. Sounds like it would be a very flaky system though.
    I am very interested if we will ever be able to mess with the core principals of the AI; maybe hopefully with a distant NewDark-patch.

    And what do you mean by "flaky"?

    Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    I don't think it would be feasible to implement because the game doesn't center on combat and thus isn't expected to last very long. AI that are attacked by other AI or the player usually won't last long enough to be healed by another AI. This sounds a lot like something you would find in Oblivion.
    It is not really meant for combat healing, it is more intended to make AIs "fight worthy" again. Plus it would be a neat feature. And it could be used to stop the player from whittling somebody health down with cheesy bow and arrow strategies.
    Last edited by Yandros; 17th Sep 2019 at 12:26.

  8. #33
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2006
    Location: On the tip of your tongue.
    I mean if you changed the AI's team and then something else broke or overrode your setup, they might get stuck friendly. Maybe an AIAttack link? I've never looked into how those work.

  9. #34
    New Member
    Registered: Oct 2018
    Location: Germany
    Just because the AI is on a different team does not make them necessarily friendly. Example switching an AI between Mech and Hammer.

    Keep in mind I am still relatively new to creating things with DromED so take my opinion with a grain of salt and I need to test these things out myself when possible.

  10. #35
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2006
    Location: On the tip of your tongue.
    Yeah if you used a spare Bad team rather than Good. But they would probably prioritise the player over other AIs. And you could still potentially end up with an AI getting stuck with only a healing attack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •