TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: PhysBBoxes where there aren't objects?

PhysBBoxes where there aren't objects?

Walking along a roof I'm stopped in my tracks. Playing in Dromed showing the boxes, I can see the box there, but there is no object there. There used to be an air conditioning unit there, some brushes some objects, but that has all been deleted. How can I get rid of that bounds box?

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    You optimized, set show_phys_models and in game mode you see blue boxes without an object. You think it's a object which was already deleted.
    The "ghost" object can be
    -another object with a strange offset
    -a very big object (with or without offset)
    -a object with or without offset which will be moved after sim start. Set game_mode_backup 0 to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    You optimized, set show_phys_models and in game mode you see blue boxes without an object. You think it's a object which was already deleted.
    The "ghost" object can be
    -another object with a strange offset
    -a very big object (with or without offset)
    -a object with or without offset which will be moved after sim start. Set game_mode_backup 0 to find out.
    It stays there. There are no large objects nearby, and if it's a strange offset, how would I identify which object it belongs to?

Delete all objects around this place, maybe you're lucky and find the culprit.

A "large" object can be a huge object which is located on the other side of the map.

Do you have an earlier save, when the old object was there? Maybe you could compare, see if the box look the same. Just a thought.

If you hit the invisible object does it make a sound? If so then the material heard can help narrow down to only metal or only wood.

No sound....

Did you delete some objects?

You can query for offsets.
    In DromEd, hit F5.
    Mark Object (-1) and hit "query"--Physics--Model--Dimensions
    that way you can see a big offset on objects right away. The first 3 numbers in the list are offsets.

ZylonBane
    Multibrush and then delete the entire mission. Is it still there? If no, them multibrush and delete half the entire mission, then the other half, and so on in that manner until you've narrowed down the culpable object.

If yes after the first step though, you've got some kind of corruption. Best to multibrush everything and copy into a new MIS.

Also you could post the mission here for people to examine.

Another thought is that the object is actually there but the visible diminsions are 0,0,0. Try filtering everything except objects and tab through everything until you get to one that is either 0,0,0 or too large to actually see.

I'm still so deep into changes arches to solid wedges and brush furniture with custom objects, etc. I haven't even got to searching for the bounds box culprits yet. It's in a place where no player will be able to go by the time I'm done, so it is relegated to second place for now.

There's simple method in DromEd to find out,

Set game_mode_backup 0
    go in game mode and back again

Edit object (-1)
    Add a receptron for "touch". No min, no max

Effect: Teleport object
    Target object: me
    Agent Object: Player

Then type
    show_pyhs_models
    and go to in game mode. Try to collide with the blue box of the object you are looking for. The object will be teleported to you.

Wow, that's cool.

Nothing teleported to me.

The teleport function in the receptron has never worked for me in the past 20 yrs so you might have to rig up a teleport trap.

The setup is working fine without teleport trap.

1. set game_mode_backup 0 is important in this setup, a player object has to be created. Be sure that there is a player object.
    2. It doesn't work without collision. Since there is collision, it should work. You can set a offset in the receptron (for example Edit Effect z=10) then the teleported object will be right above the player.

I apologize to everyone who wasted their time on this.

I went in game with show Physics models. I don't know why, but two innocent looking smoke columns nearby had 15 freakin' foot spheres. What's up with that? Why would player need to bounce off a smoke column? Why would throwing a crate at smoke need to bounce off the column? I have no clue what happened.

I should have spent more time looking around before posting.

SFX doesn't have collision. Something is wrong. You need to find out. Start with the SFX object, then the archetype.

SFX doesn't have collision. Something is wrong. You need to find out. Start with the SFX object, then the archetype.
    In the hierarchy, if I click on SFX (-207) Then click Query>Physics>Model>Type, it finds 44 items with Spheres. Don't know why.

P.S. The 6 SFX items I deleted and replaced before saving no longer have spheres when I re-open. I may just "camera to" each number on the list and replace them, see if it sticks......

If you still have trouble with collisions, I could upload a custom script that reports the ID.

The setup is working fine without teleport trap.
    It didn't work for uncadonego and never did for me in the past. If it did I would have used it long ago.

Uncadonego helping would never be a waste of time. That is what this community is all about.