TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TG Mission DEADLY DARKNESS Jan/2002

I haven't played this in years so I can't say I really remember this part but I do have a very, very old walkthrough. I've pasted the part leading up to the tower below. I hope that helps.
    . The key on the table in this room unlocks the tower door. You will also find water arrows and a vase on the shelf worth 20g. (2510). Head back upstairs, down the halls to the stairs you came up (behind the bar) but this time go up the ramp to the attic. Up here you’ll find a blue chest holding 100g. (2610). Go back downstairs, past the kitchen, turn left at the end of the hall and walk down the stairs to the crypt door. Open it with the key you found, go through the first two rooms, turn left, go up the hall and through the graveyard with the open graves into the courtyard with the Cathedral’s main doors. Turn right, then left and left again and you’ll be beside the Cathedral. Rope arrow up to the balcony on the left. Turn right, go upstairs and the through the door to the left. Open the chest in the corner to find 20g. (2630), then go upstairs again. Continue up past the archer’s landing and at the top, go in the door on the left. In here you’ll find chests holding 80g. (2710), holy arrows, a candlestick worth 30g. (2740) and a cashbox holding 12g. (2752). Go back out to the hallway and up the ladder to the High Tower door. Use the “Tower” key to unlock the door, go in and get the orb.

Got it, Thx! Mission completed.

I usually do not enjoy missions this combat-heavy, but slashing the undead with the holy sword was suprisingly fun. On the easiest difficulty level, regular undead explode after two hits, bodyparts flying everywhere. There are a couple of special enemy types: ghost guards, blue haunts, a midget undead, a giant undead, and something with the appearance of a spooky Spiderman and the voice of an apebeast.

Deadly Darkness features some really nice architecture. It also flows well. Most players should be able to complete all objectives without any hints. The mission is a little on the easy side. I even managed to find both the book of the necromancer and the golden skull without actively searching for them.

Two unfrobbable doors on the upper floor threw me off initially: I was wondering if one of them led to the tower and wasted time searching the nearby rooms for a secret switch. Turns out you do not have to open them to complete the mission.

Another thing that seemed a bit off was Lacatar's bathroom: There was a Hammerite in waist-deep water. When he saw me, he tried to attack, but was apparently stuck. So I ignored him.

Finished on Easy in 1 hour and 11 minutes with 2752 of 2957 total loot.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Quote Originally Posted by View Post

Two unfrobbable doors on the upper floor threw me off initially:
    Is a savegame available?

I prepared three savegames and sent you the link via personal message: two savegames with each unfrobbable door centered on the screen, one with the Hammerite stuck in Lacatar's bathroom.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Thanks
    Doors have no FrobInfo for a reason (nothing behind it).
    Hammer guard will be alerted on game start. Then he can get stuck in the water.

I've completed all of the objectives except for the last one... to escape the academy. I'm not sure where to go.

Just head back to where you started in the front garden.

I tried that but the game won't end.

Bug maybe? It's always ended for me, got a save?

PS. What's you set up?

Fortuni I'll pm you later about the save file.

It is a fun mission. Something that also amused me was that nearly everywhere I went in the castle there was the sound of a happy party happening close by, amid all the murder and mayhem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12