TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27121314151617

Thread: T2 FM: The Night Falcon (Sep. 4, 2003)

The location of the switch is mentioned in the secrets list in my walk Secret 8: Move bookcase in Weapons Smith Lever on top of NE shelf, it's tucked into the corner of the alcove.

Screenshot

PS. I looked into Downwinder's 11/9 secrets, and the only reason I have ever come across in bug testing as to why there are more secrets in game than there ought to be, is if a secret has 2 levers or other such mechanisms to trigger that secret, but in this mission only the secret door in Lord Hafner's mansion has 2 trigger levers, and I checked by frobbing both of those levers and they correctly only registered as one secret, so can't see how Downwinder managed to get 11 secrets, bug on his comp?
    Last edited by fortuni; 7th Mar 2021 at 07:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Aged Raver View Post
    3. When I jump on top of the relevant empty bookcase thatís supposed to slide, Garrett says ďThis will make a nice little bonusĒ.
    I remember that shelf in the smithy and Garrett's remark sounded strange to me, but I have ignored it as a bug or something.

Anyway, my walkthrough doesn't include all the secrets. Most of them, but not all.

Gentlemen, thank you both! That was a very speedy response. And thank you very much for the screenshot fortuni. Of course there it was. I didnít see your Secrets list. DOH! My excuse is that I opened the zip for your lootlist, saw Weapons smith on page 1 and closed it again not wishing to see anymore at that stage. If Iíd bothered to go to page 2 there it is, under Secrets. Apologies. Excellent work as always. Thinking of our recent PMs about Raven Creek I thought I bet you'll be saying "... Not another problem with a bookcase!"

Thank you both again. Itís much appreciated.

Edit: Additionally thank you fortuni and Athalle for the detailed maps which I've only just seen, and which have North at the top, something I was struggling with in this Mission's own maps and had given up using.
    Last edited by Aged Raver; 7th Mar 2021 at 11:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Meisterdieb View Post
    Sorry for being off-topic:
    Concerns the one painting in "A shopping walk" with 2 women and a girl(?) in white summer dresses in a summer field. Does anyone know the name of the artist?
    I see what you mean. I imagine you mean the painting in the bedroom in the house across from Garrett's house. I submitted a cropped screenshot to Google Image search and found a lot similar-ish but not that one. Perhaps email the author?

weapon smith secret must have been the secret i missed in mission 1

i already got rid of mission and files of saves for mission ,but i did have 11/9 secrets,and i got no idea what all the secrets were ,if no one else can find 11/9 and need me to redo it,just let me know

my fav painting forgot what mission it was in was "bear in the woods"

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i already got rid of mission and files of saves for mission ,but i did have 11/9 secrets,and i got no idea what all the secrets were ,if no one else can find 11/9 and need me to redo it,just let me know
    11/9 or 9/11? I don't remember anything like this when I played my version.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    11/9 or 9/11? I don't remember anything like this when I played my version.

it was 11/9 secrets,when i saw the post mission screen i figured it was from added secrets maybe not connected to the finish screen

I think it's a bug on your computer, there are only 9 secrets in the mission and the only secret that could conceivably trigger the secret count twice doesn't do so. Pity you deleted your saves, might have been able to work things out from that.

going to replay the second mission now to see if i get same results ,if so i will post save file

ok replayed mission and i ended with 8/9 this time,i got no idea how i had 11/9 the first playthrough

but my memory is so bad i have no idea where that last secret is lol
    Last edited by downwinder; 9th Mar 2021 at 20:50.

Did you find the weapon smith's hidden switch, which alluded me? Failing that fortuni's lootlist has a list of all the secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Aged Raver View Post
    Did you find the weapon smith's hidden switch, which alluded me? Failing that fortuni's lootlist has a list of all the secrets.
    BTW about this switch. I took the liberty and moved him to other place, so that the blacksmith would not see the player. Previously, the switch was located inside the furnace. It seemed strange, because the switch could melt and the blacksmith could burn the hand, this also made ghosting impossible.

Yes, of course. That makes a lot of sense. Thank you very much for the work you did on this. I was foolishly using a walkthrough of the original version on Christine's website and I couldnít see a switch in the fire-pit so I put the flames out with a water arrow and jumped in, got burned, refused to get out and eventually died. Later when I jumped on the bookcase, I didnít see the new switch and Garrett said ďThis will make a nice little bonusĒ even though the bookcase had not moved so I was very confused. HaHa!

Why are the guards so sensitive like they are on high alert there alertness is way up I'm in mission 2 in the Lords mansion anybody else had this problem.

I finished it ahh the vampire bats mission I remember this mission all those years ago I had a hard time with them the first time I played this, this time was a breeze.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27121314151617