TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Next PC patch

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Next PC patch

This was posted yesterday.

As you might have seen already, we've released an update to the PlayStation 3 version of Fallout 3 (US and UK only).

So you know, we're close to being able to release an update for the PC version of the game -- right now those are in the final stages of being approved. Stay tuned.
    So fixing the more severely problematic PS3 version was a higher priority? Fair enough.

If they could fix the problem of Megaton's quest NPCs vanishing, that'd make me a lot happier.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

10 note
    And it apparently includes a no CD crack.

Upon further inspection it seems using the FO3 launcher still whines about secuROM and having the damn disc in the drive but the raw Fallout3.exe doesn't complain. Did it complain before? or have you always been able to circumvent the copy protection by using that instead of the launcher?

PC Gamering Smartey Man

The raw fallout3.exe was always unprotected.

Quote Originally Posted by steo View Post
    And it apparently includes a no CD crack.

Upon further inspection it seems using the FO3 launcher still whines about secuROM and having the damn disc in the drive but the raw Fallout3.exe doesn't complain. Did it complain before? or have you always been able to circumvent the copy protection by using that instead of the launcher?

According to the notes the patch fixes (among other things) the Megaton disappearing NPCs bug and the Big Town robot bug. So yay! I hope it didn't mess with my favorite bug though; the deathclaw rocketing into the sky.

If anyone is interested: The last time that some of my Megaton people disappeared, I used the "moveto" cheat to relocate to their current position. They were in a strange map space labeled "Megaton" that consisted of a single square of terrain floating in an endless sky. Still trying to figure out how they got there...

Awesome, that Big Town robot bug was a biggie.

BR796164
    Goodie. Still, there are dozens of bugs left.

All games approaching anywhere near the size of F3 have bugs; many smaller games have substantially more than F3.

BR796164

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    The raw fallout3.exe was always unprotected.
    That depends on the version. I have the polish edition and both the launcher and fallout3.exe require the disc. Also, with the previous patch, I could install neither the american nor the UK patch, even though the UK patch is supposed to work with all non-american english language versions, and I haven't used the localisation option when installing the game.
    Last edited by van HellSing; 14th Jan 2009 at 15:12.

The patch fixes a lot of stuff and actually let's me play a quite decent amount of time until another error appears. Other than that fast travel is kind of buggy sometimes and again ends up with a crash. Quests seem to work properly as I've managed to quite a bit of them, but it's annoying to get a ctd right in the middle of a fight when you are least thinking about one. Still great imporvement (finally). I can hardly wait for the next one.

BR796164
    Quote Originally Posted by van HellSing View Post
    Also, with the previous patch, I could install neither the american nor the UK patch, even though the UK patch is supposed to work with all non-american english language versions, and I haven't used the localisation option when installing the game.
    Same with Czech version, although the app EXE is without SecuROM. However I had to wait two more weeks for the first patch, because the local publisher complained that Beth didn't deliver them necessary stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BR796164 View Post
    That's nothing compared with any of Troika's releases. Man, their games, while being awesome, were some of the buggiest ever.

BR796164
    Ya, but I can excuse them, they were quite niche and under publisher's pressure (at least in case of Bloodlines)... Beth is prolific enough to allocate enough people and time to QA.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

At least Bethesda finally issued a patch. Still waiting on a patch and a revoke tool for Crysis Warhead (single player component), Crytek. Oh and Mr. EA, we need a patch for Dead Space.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

v1.4.0.6 patch was released today. I can't find a download link anywhere. It seems to have been only rolled out over GfWL, what bullshit.

Today a new update (v1.4.0.6) is available on Xbox LIVE and Games for Windows LIVEUpdate 1.4 Notes (PC and Xbox 360).

It's a small update in preparation for the game's second DLC, The Pitt, which is slated for release this month.

New Features

* New achievements for The Pitt
    * Support for multiple downloadable content

Well, of course! Otherwise how can they force us to actually use GfWL?

If all the patch does is add new achievements for the Pitt, I'm not sure why the GFWL requirement matters at all. Unless you're planning on getting the DLC you don't need it, and if you're going to do that it's probably safe to assume you're using GFWL already.

And the patch is now up on the official FO3 site.