TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 381318232425262728

Thread: Any day is a TTLG coop day! (was: TTLG coop Saturdays)

Thing What Kicks
    I'll be honest; without some good friends to play with, what's there is very barren. But co-operating to sail the boat and find treasures is really good, simple fun. It's something I'm more than happy to play once a week, but much more than thatand it'd wear out its welcome VERY quickly.

Thing What Kicks
    Once we got past henke's comms issues and Sulphur's connection problems, that was a jolly good time!
    Sulphur even managed to make an island explode. I swear he did!

Thing What Kicks
    Just a quick note; while Sea of Thieves is now on Steam, it's 34.99.
    However, it's currently on sale on the Microsoft store for 17.49.
    Anyone else interested in some high seas swashbuckling?

Level 10,000 achieved

We should play some more...

HUMAN FALL FLAT

Date: Sat, 25 July 2020
    Time: 3-6pm UK time (regular Arma time)

They've added some more official maps (plus support for user made maps). I tried out some of the new official ones today and was impressed by quality of the PHYSICS PUZZLING and the PHYSICS PLATFORMING. So whadayasay?

Level 10,000 achieved
    Thanks to Thirith, Malf and Sulphur for a great session.

Here's a bit of the Ice level...

Level 10,000 achieved

This might've been one of my best co-op experiences ever

I invited Malf, Jesh and Thirith to try a custom Human Fall Flat map I'd downloaded. We soon had to bring Sulphur in as well, to help make sense of what we were seeing.

Chakat sex pillow
    12/10 would Katamari Spastic Pile again.

After this, HFF's staying on my hard drive permanently.

I almost had a headache after yesterday's session due to how much I laughed. I'm not usually a fan of physics-based games of this kind, but it's great to play with others, especially with this gang. Thanks a lot to henke for running the session!

That was a great level for co-op. Love that youtube identified the music too, so I can listen to it more.

For me it helped that we did a couple of levels first that were less downright bonkers and unfair. If we'd just started with this one, I think I would've burned out on its insanity more quickly.

Nothing concrete yet, but in general, would there be people here interested in some SWAT 4 coop? (Possibly using the Elite Force V7 mod, because it seems to bring the game up to date in neat ways.)

And also: is there anyone here who's been playing, or who would be interested in playing, Hunt: Showdown? I've been hearing some pretty neat things about that game.

Yes to both! I don't own Hunt: Showdown yet though.

Neither do I. Might be an idea to keep our eyes open for when there’s a sale. It’s currently almost at half price, but I can easily wait until the next sale. It’s not like we haven’t got other coop games to play.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    Nothing concrete yet, but in general, would there be people here interested in some SWAT 4 coop?
    SWAT 4 is -50% on GOG right now!

Just bought it, so yes, I'd be up for it as well.

I already have SWAT 4, so I'd be game for some coop.

Very good. :-) There's a mod, Elite Force, that seems to improve the game and make it properly playable (including multiplayer) in 2020; I'll play around with that one and then I'll try to organise a quickish test with a few people, perhaps after one of the Arma sessions, so we can see how well it works (with or without the mod).

Level 10,000 achieved
    Elite Force installed. Training completed. Sir, I am ready to engage tactically HUT HUT 10-4 ROGER OUT

So Hunt: Showdown has my interest since this review, but I'd want people I know to play with rather than randoms. Would any of you fine fellas be up for it? It's on sale until August 31st.

I'd be up for it, and the current price seems quite fair. Count me in.

Chakat sex pillow
    Nope. I've got enough games already including SWAT 4 and this entire bevy of shit already sitting around for co-op, plus I'm not really into PvP anyway. Y'all have fun with it.

Oh, I'm definitely eager to get to SWAT 4. I don't think that Hunt: Showdown, even if we end up enjoying it, is necessarily a game for three-hour sessions, so I can easily imagine having a Saturday coop session playing a mission or two of SWAT 4 followed by an hour or so of Hunt: Showdown.

Talking of SWAT 4, I'll try to find some time this weekend to remind myself how it works and check out the Elite Force mod.

We're doing a SWAT 4 coop session this Saturday, 12 September, starting at 3pm UK time. For this, we'll be using the Elite Force v7 mod, which you can find here:

If you haven't played SWAT 4 before or if it's been a while and you're reinstalling it only now, please make sure that the game and the Elite Force mod both work correctly. Please also note that some changes to the INI files may keep you from joining the coop server - oddly enough, FOV tweaks can already cause this issue, as I found out when we tested this last Saturday.

Other than that, though, don't worry if you're a SWAT noob. We're here to help you learn the ropes, and any rumours that we use stun guns and less-than-lethal shotguns to incentivise new recruits are largely overstated.
    Last edited by Thirith; 10th Sep 2020 at 06:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    We're doing a SWAT 4 coop session this Saturday, 12 September, starting at 3pm UK time. For this, we'll be using the Elite Force v7 mod, which you can find here:

If you haven't played SWAT 4 before or if it's been a while and you're reinstalling it only now, please make sure that the game and the Elite Force mod both work correctly. Please also note that some changes to the INI files may keep you from joining the coop server - oddly enough, FOV tweaks can already cause this issue, as I found out when we tested this last Saturday.

Other than that, though, don't worry if you're a SWAT noob. We're here to help you learn the ropes, and any rumours that we use stun guns and less-than-lethal shotguns to incentivise new recruits are largely overstated.
    No way, its been like 10 years since I played with the ttlg kru of the time! I was just getting the hankering to install it recently, I'm going to DL it at least in case it works out to get in on a session. We played coop and vs at the time but I would be beyond rusty.

I’ll make sure to post something here when I run another game of SWAT 4. It’d be fun to have you on the team. Right now I’m thinking it won’t be before 10 October, since I’m away next Saturday and will run an Arma session the week after, though perhaps someone else will host a game in between.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 381318232425262728