TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Suicide Squad game by Rocksteady!

Level 10,000 achieved

Suicide Squad game by Rocksteady!

They've been awfully quiet since releasing Arkham Knight in 2015 (and, ok, Batman VR in 2016), but 1 hour ago the Rocksteady account posted this tweet.

"Target locked - #DCFanDome - August 22. #suicidesquadgame"

I, for one, am hyped. So hyped I don't even wanna contain this to the hype thread. You know a new Rocksteady game is gonna be good. And despite the Suicide Squad movie being crap I still love the idea of the Suicide Squad, and I'm eager to see what Rocksteady does with it.

Still Subjective
    Arkham Asylum and City were cool. I never played Knight because I read it was not as good as City, which was better than Asylum. I guess I was put off with the idea that the quality went up and then down.

I'd ignore the film if I were you. This should be based on the comic, no?

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    I'd ignore the film if I were you. This should be based on the comic, no?
    The rumours say they're trying to launch a new self-contained game universe. The Batman: Court of Owls game being worked on by sister studio WB Montreal is supposedly a reboot of the Arkham game formula to fit into that.

Level 10,000 achieved

Hmm! Hmm.

From Polygon:
    Publisher Warner Bros. Interactive calls Rocksteady’s Suicide Squad an “action-adventure shooter” with one- to four-player co-op. Sefton Hill, Rocksteady creative director, said players aren’t locked into their particular characters while playing, either — they’ll be able to take over AI-controlled squadmates whenever they’d like. Hill also said the game is a continuation of the Batman Arkham franchise universe.
    Ah good. I was getting worried this was a multiplayer thingy for a moment there. Good hear singleplayer is still a thing.

This trailer was unveiled at the DC FanDome which also unveiled another new DC game, Gotham Knights.

Looks closer in tone and gameplay to the Arkham games, tho I'm not liking the addition of all the leveling-up stuff.

The FanDome also showed a pile of movie trailers which I'll go ahead and post in the the CommChat movie hype thread.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

It's Games as a Service reportedly. Into the trash it goes.