TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Command and Conquer / Red Alert Remastered is out

Command and Conquer / Red Alert Remastered is out

This is worthy of it's own thread. Had a quick play up to the end of the first mission and this is fantastic. The "installation" screen at the start, the level of polish, the remastered music, being able to change between updated graphics and the original at any time by hitting space bar, all cutscenes once watched are re-watchable any time via the bonus features in the main menu and so much more.

I ABSOLUTELY love this. If you love C&C, then you owe it to yourself to play this.

Administrator
    Completely agree - very happy with the way they've treated this. The originals had some frustrations that are still present (pathfinding / habit to ignore nearby threats) but that's part of the charm. The installation screens are a great homage to the original and amusing in their own right.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Oooooh yeah, I remember the E.V.A. installation from the original. This looks like a really fun remaster.

If you need more convincing, here's the second GDI mission + I watch some of the unlockable gallery videos (which act as a makings of C&C behind the scenes kinda):

More videos are unlocked with each mission you complete. Less nerdgasms in this one. I was just COMPLETELY blown away in the first one.

Speaking as someone who doesn't even like C&C... that's absolutely superb!

It's the best remaster that I've ever played. Even the new "installer" has the exact same feel as that of the original.

Kane shows some love for the remaster:

Last edited by icemann; 7th Jun 2020 at 01:58.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    It's the best remaster that I've ever played. Even the new "installer" has the exact same feel as that of the original.

Kane shows some love for the remaster:

Man Joe Kucan hasn't aged a day and could totally reprise the role. I think that man actually is immortal.

This doesn't forgive the way EA treated C&C during the 2010s. We can't forget that at one point this was something they thought of doing with the brand, and less we forget C&C 4, Rivals, and the cancellation of Generals 2. However, this is never the less a very good step in the right direction.

It was $20!! So tempting. You know that's a good bargain!!

What sucked me in, was that there was clear love and passion put into it. It feels like it's been pulled out of an alternate timeline where the franchise was not treated like it was (in it's later stages).