TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Is anybody playing P.A.M.E.L.A. ?

Is anybody playing P.A.M.E.L.A. ?

I've had this wishlisted on Steam forever, Never felt like paying even the 20% off sale that it would get every few months for an early access game. The bullshots look gorgeous and it seemed like a good survival horror atmosphere akin to system shock, but with a little bit of crafting and bass building thrown in.

It apparently just hit gold this weekend, which jumped out of nowhere (Probably because I wasn't very closely following it's development), and the sale was a bit deeper so I bought it (on GOG, b/c it was the same price).

I'm only a couple of hours into it, already died once, and managed to get arrested by a bot, then ambushed by a bunch of... enemies... of sometype, but stood behind a security bot which took care of them.

I'm sure time spent in the game will help, but I'm finding it extremely obtuse. I'm hoping as I play I'll start to actually figure out HOW to play it, but I'm at least intrigued and not yet upset that I spent $20. It looks lovingly crafted.

Anybody else playing? It seems like it would fit in well around here. .. Maybe.

I watched this gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j21ofZFbyyc

The player wakes up from cryotube and stumbles around in the dark with a flimsy flashlight, trying to figure out what to do, where to go, how to open containers, which objects are interactable etc.
    IMO it shows how transferring the gameplay of classics like SS2 into a new engine only highlights how dated the gameplay itself is.
    The guy playing it says it could do with a tutorial and begins searching for a crowbar, because he knows these games. But what it actually needs IMO is streamlining and an onboarding experience that isn't boring.

"Player stumbles out of a cryo tube". Hmm I wonder where they got that idea from.

I do love to build me some bass

HAHA I noticed too late, was waiting for somebody to say something. I've been watching too much Davie504

I'd have to agree with you Kolya. Might be one of the times that a publisher would have been helpful in guiding the team to modernize some of the game mechanics. But this thing was in early access for a long time. I wonder if nobody complained about being completely lost, or if the devs were like "yeah mang! that's the whole point, enjoy!"

If you watch anymore Davie504 I will personally come round to your abode and SLAP you
    OMG
    although his girlfriend is pretty damn cute

personally i would love a firstperson survival horror where you are a bass player and your survival is dependant on your slap skills.

Henke will whip it up for us.

Chakat sex pillow
    I just wanna say thanks for introducing me to Davie504, I am now slapping everything and everyone and that includes all of you

I have it wishlisted and everything, however in the reviews, I'm hearing bad things regarding the optimization which is why I'm holding off on it.

Quote Originally Posted by PigLick View Post
    I do love to build me some bass

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitions Advocate View Post
    Henke will whip it up for us.
    oh suuuuuuure I'll just drop eeeeeverything and starting making guitar hero crossed with resident evil actually waitaminute this sounds great ok I'll do it

Quote Originally Posted by t850terminator View Post
    I have it wishlisted and everything, however in the reviews, I'm hearing bad things regarding the optimization which is why I'm holding off on it.
    Can confirm. It's juddery. I think I'll try playing it a bit more today and see how I feel. I want to like this game. I just think It's going to take some work.

verbose douchebag
    I've read the enemy AI is rudimentary too.

Level 10,000 achieved

every time I read this thread title