TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: DOOM Eternal

Chakat sex pillow
    5 levels in, on Ultraviolence, and I miscalculated early on by prioritising ammo upgrades instead of armour. Increasing armour immediately makes you less of a glass cannon (when you have armour, anyway). I lowered it to Hurt Me Plenty for one sequence and can confirm the game is a very enjoyable resource management sim if you plan to play it that way.

I'm not a baby's-first-management-sim kind of guy, though. I ramped it back to Ultraviolence because I'm supercali-frag-a-fuckinglicious, you hear me!?

Anyway, every time I close my eyes I now see flashing yellow and blue glory kill silhouettes. They dog my sleep. They're on the edges of my vision when I'm chopping onions for dinner prep. I heard a pinkie last night, a sort of muffled shriek-growl sounding from the ceiling accompanied by muffled thumping, like it was tracking my position from one floor up.

I think I might have a problem.

Turning off the glory kill highlights was one of the first things I did.
    Downside, it made it a bit harder to see when a demon was stunned. Upside, apparently I didn't get it rewiring my brain like the Tetris Effect.

Chakat sex pillow
    I wouldn't want to make the game even harder on me by disabling the glory kill flashing - they did make the normal punch mostly ineffective now, after all.

As for Tetris Effect, thankfully the only part of the game that does that to me is the soundtrack, which is not an unpleasant thing to have in your head.

Chakat sex pillow
    Which, now that I think about it, is kind of ironic for a game called Tetris Effect. I blame it on the whales. Who wants to close their eyes and see massive fuck-off whales anyway.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456