TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Reinstalled T2 + Dromed . Dromed crashes

Reinstalled T2 + Dromed . Dromed crashes

Hi !

I stopped working on a mission 2 years ago and want to finish it. So I reinstalled T2 (GoG Version) + Dromed + Tafferpatcher .
    I copied the mission files into the T2 folder and the mission seems to work, except for frobbing a goldplaque, that should display a text on screen. Dromed crashes. It freeze shortly and then crashes completely.
    The same thing seems to happen with a leaver, that triggers a new objective. Books work.
    Could there be a problem with displaying text on screen ? Maybe a missing font ?
    Two years ago I worked with Windows 7. Now I have Windows 10. Maybe it has something to do with that.

Maybe someone has an idea.

Thx,

String

Not sure if it will help your problem, but try patching with T2Fix. Tafferpatcher is several years out of date and obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Not sure if it will help your problem, but try patching with T2Fix. Tafferpatcher is several years out of date and obsolete.
    Did a clean install with t2fix on top, but it's the same.

But one thing is interesting though. With the tafferpatcher, it's seams, that the font of my books is correct. With the fix, it's just a standard, ugly computerfont, as if dromed doesn't find the right one.

Edit: The font in the main menu is the same standard font. It seems, that T2 has a problem to find the correct font.
    Last edited by Stringgod2; 4th May 2020 at 13:29.

Ok, problem solved. Reinstalled again, but this time I did not copy the mission from the old T2 folder, but from a slightly older copy, that I saved in my dropbox.
    Maybe I overwrote something, I don't know.

Thx,

String