TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213

Thread: TDP20AC Mission — The Scarlet Cascabel (11/30/2018)

need help on a couple things,where is bottom left stone tablet for fountain also where is key to private office?

Master Builder 2018
    Not sure which piece it is, but the three pieces are located here:

One is in Nightingale's room (room 10) in the moneybox on the armoire
    One is in the attic high above the statue of Elizabeth
    One is in the attic above room 15, accessible via the fireplace

The proprietor's key depends upon difficulty level. On Normal and Hard, it is on the proprietor's belt. He goes out onto the front porch after the conversation in the beginning. On Expert, the key is in the proprietor's room, and you have to find another way into his rooms/office. Go outside to the library balcony and take a look around.

tanner thank you i found the tablet

also no map is making mission 2 real bad experience,i got all tablets now and some snake message i do remember a snake on a tapestry i guess i have to find,but not sure

also can i please get a list of the 4 location to place the stones,i know abotu one in libery and pool but i forgot where the other 2 are?
    Last edited by downwinder; 18th Jun 2019 at 16:38.

Master Builder 2018
    Chapel and observatory.

ty tanner

wow sealed wing is scary ,might be on level with cradle
    Last edited by downwinder; 18th Jun 2019 at 17:17.

Master Builder 2018
    After entering that room, go back out to the hall and enter the first door on your left. You should see that the practice dummy is no longer blocking that door. In that room there is a hole in the wall. Climb through that hole.

wow this second mission is omg impressive,i feel lucky to have played this,only thing i feel is the level needed a map

out of curiosity what happens if you find all chess pieces?its the only thing i did not attempted as that place is big and with no map or anything i just skipped it,i did see a chess board downstairs with only one side with pieces i am guessing i have to get them all then place them on that board?
    Last edited by downwinder; 18th Jun 2019 at 21:18.

From what I've read in this forum, if you find all the chess pieces, you have to place them on the chess board, and then a secret door at the bottom of a stairway opens, revealing a special room. I have not done this myself yet, though.

Having a great time with this. Very well done.

3 hours 22 min into mission 1 (far from a 'small intro mission'!), and I am starting to get ready to move on.

It was somewhat frustrating at times with several places locked, but most of it opened up, eventually.

I have some questions:

Can you enter the bell tower by the chapel?
    Can you enter the upper floor of the weapon shop?
    Can you enter the house N of the candle shop?
    Can you get further up in the tower that houses the safe deposit boxes? (There is what looks suspiciously like a ceiling opening in there)
    What is the shelf plaque in the fortune teller's place supposed to say? Nothing shows up when I frob it, and it's the same with a book in the same place.
    (both react with a 'lock' sound to my lockpicks...hmm)
    Last edited by jiansonz; 25th Aug 2019 at 12:32.

Just thought I would ask if there was any idea of a release date now for the updated version?

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    Having a great time with this. Very well done.

3 hours 22 min into mission 1 (far from a 'small intro mission'!), and I am starting to get ready to move on.

It was somewhat frustrating at times with several places locked, but most of it opened up, eventually.

I have some questions:

Can you enter the bell tower by the chapel? Not in this version.. but wait for the update
    Can you enter the upper floor of the weapon shop?No
    Can you enter the house N of the candle shop?No
    Can you get further up in the tower that houses the safe deposit boxes? (There is what looks suspiciously like a ceiling opening in there)No, just for show
    What is the shelf plaque in the fortune teller's place supposed to say? Nothing shows up when I frob it, and it's the same with a book in the same place.
    (both react with a 'lock' sound to my lockpicks...hmm)Those are not supposed to be frobbable, just an oversight. Fixed in the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Just thought I would ask if there was any idea of a release date now for the updated version?
    Yes, in fact we have been working diligently on it recently and hope to have it in beta testing by the end of September. We both got sidetracked with real life stuff, but we're excited by all the changes we've made, and hope it's going to be worth the wait.

This is a really amazing mission!
    Chess Puzzle: The only figure I still miss is Knight 2
    Where can I find it?

Master Builder 2018
    We're glad you're enjoying the mission. Knight 2 is...

Hint: in Room 14.

Spoiler: Look behind the guard's bunk bed, between the bed and the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    We're glad you're enjoying the mission. Knight 2 is...

Hint: in Room 14.

Spoiler: Look behind the guard's bunk bed, between the bed and the wall.
    Found it, thanx a lot!
    ... and recently now found the cool easteregg!

Absolutely brilliant!

While some of the contest missions (for me) provided sligthly more fun gameplay overall, none has the 'draw you in' factor that this one has, and none is (IMO) as beautiful as this one.

With the help of this thread, I found all the chess pieces. Comments on the ones I was missing:
    - Kitchen. Mmm, would probably have found this after a more thorough search. Maybe.
    - Pool room. This one is tricker, because I had been up on the rafters in the inner part of the room, so I would probably never have searched here because I thought I was done searching here...
    - King. Got spoiled with this one before I was at that stage of the game. Yeah, I would probably have seen it.
    - Crypt. This one had me stumbled and I'd probably never figured it out. I saw the puzzle as being like the Lunar Pool in original mission RTC - that this particular body of water is special. At first, I tried to grab the flower pots to dip them (not frobbable). Then I looked high and low for something (like a sponge) to soak in the water so I could throw it at the flowers...

When I found the third plaque and could read the clue, I was certain, absolutely sure, that I know knew how to get to the fourth place to use a stone key! You see, I had forgotten about the receptacle in the chapel area (saw that one very early, way before having the keys). So I went to the statue (the one with an inscription) in the hallway above the dining room, and triumphantly walked backwards towards the door-like thing on the wall behind the statue. Imagine my disappointment when that didn't work...HAH!
    (Didn't take too long to re-discover the correct place to go, though.)

I don't quite understand the deal with room 13. (It doesn't help that I didn't get another chance to read that scroll in the bathroom.)
    The stuff that was going on here, was that some sort of re-enactment of what had happened earlier. And who said "Don't go down there" and "Come back"? And also, 'come back' to...where?

It didn't really spook me that much. The footsteps on the marble are SOO slow that I figured that if there really is a hostile being here, it has no chance to catch me. To really spook me, you need to combine the spookiness with something that's actually dangerous.

LOVED the investigator's notes and billboard. Also liked the hotel reviewer's notes.

Was lost in Winter Wing for quite some time because I failed to notice that there are both a passage up and a passage down (near that end) in the ventilation ducts leading from the fireplace in the lady's locked quarters.

Missed a massive 550 gold in the second mission. That's humbling.

Master Builder 2018
    Thanks for the feedback, jiansonz! Good timing, too - I'd almost forgotten about that spot in the ventilation ducts, which I agree is too hard to spot. On my list to fix.

We've been working in our spare time (when not real-life working) to get the new version out, and it's been slow going.. but, looking at a couple of weeks out for the new beta. We've had the advantage of so many awesome taffers here helping us find the weakest spots to polish up.

A lot of other changes in the new versions are coming. Excited to be nearly done, and hoping you and others will be willing to give it a spin

Master Builder 2018
    @jiansonz: Regarding Room 13, yes, that was a re-enactment of what had happened in that room, the woman killed her lover. Perhaps now she's looking for a new one. ; ) As for the voices, the one in the attic that says "Don't go in there" is the ghost of Elizabeth Blackwell. She makes another comment outside the door to Room 13 about how the curse is effecting others in the hotel, such as the woman that once stayed in that room. The ghost in that room was inspired by the ghost in the movie The Shining in room 237. It is her footsteps you hear in the dark, and her voice telling you to "come back" to the dark bedroom once you escape it.

Hope that helps clarify that, and thanks for your comments. Very glad you enjoyed the mission!

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    She makes another comment outside the door to Room 13 about how the curse is effecting others in the hotel, such as the woman that once stayed in that room.
    I didn't hear that comment. Could be because I was never just outside that door before I had been in the room (coming from the attic).

One more thing I forgot to write before: EVERY mission that is some sort of collaboration should have a quote scroll!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213