TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a fix for Temple of the Tides?

So no way to fix without using the save huh?

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    I made a dml fix for this mission. It should work with new nvscripts, also in win 10.
    The old nvscript (renamed to mayan.osm) in the FM zip does not work in win 10 any more. Delete it, it's located in the FM folder. New nvscript will be loaded by the dml.

Code:
    DML1//Temple of the Tides//Proximity fix//miss23.mis.dml

#script nvscript

+ObjProp 184 "DesignNote"      
    {
        "" NVProximityObj=146; NVProximity=1.75; NVRelayTrapTDest="~ParticleAttachement"; NVRelayDelay=1500
    }
    +ObjProp 180 "DesignNote"      
    {
        "" NVProximityObj=146; NVProximity=1.75; NVRelayTrapTDest="~ParticleAttachement"; NVRelayDelay=1500
    }
    +ObjProp 188 "DesignNote"      
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 192 "DesignNote"      
    {
    }
    -ObjProp 231 "DesignNote"
    +ObjProp 231 "DesignNote"      
    {
        "" NVRelayTrapOn="FrobInvEnd"; NVRelayDelay=500; NVRelayTrapTDest="[Me]"; NVRelayTrapTOn="GiveDictionary"; NVRelayTrapOff="Null";NVRelayTrapTCount=1;NVItemGiverOn="GiveDictionary"; NVGiveWhat="Dictionary"; NVAmbientSoundTrapOn="GiveDictionary"
    }
    Will post it in the FM thread, too.

I have it setup and will try it out soon. Thx a bunch.

It works...thx a bunch! Any way they can put this in the new dml mod??

It will be done...soon.

update?

Hey there, I just started playing this gorgeous mission, but I can't get very far. I found some polished masks, it says I have 5, I used them all on the pedestals, but it still says I have 5... and I can't rotate them by holding the USE button (right mouse button for me). Maybe I've got an older version or something? I'm using DarkLoader 4.3 and NewDark 1.2.1 on Windows 10, if that helps.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    1. Update the T2 install using T2fix
    2. Use a modern FM loader, but not DL
    3. Delete NVScript in the FM folder
    4. And use my dml

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedonkey View Post
    Maybe I've got an older version or something? I'm using DarkLoader 4.3 and NewDark 1.2.1
    your senses are keen.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    3. Delete NVScript in the FM folder
    not necessary, T2Fix will override old scripts. but getting rid of it is not going to cause any harm either.

Just to make it clear Unna's dml does not fix the problem you are describing, the dml fixes the 4 flames trap puzzle which does not work with W10.

However the mission works fine using any modern loader FMsel, Angelloader, Newdarkloader.

Because darkloader messes up your T2 install over a period of time, Unna advise stands, it's likely the issues you came across was caused by using Darkloader.

Before using any of the modern loader make sure you start with a clean T2 install otherwise you will carry over any crap from your old install placed there by Darkloader.
    Last edited by fortuni; 3rd Oct 2019 at 13:35.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    And just as importantly, T2Fix will bring your NewDark version up to date, v1.21 is like 4 years old now.

Zombified
    basically, what we are saying here is get things up to date, use a proper FM loader and see whether that resolves the issue. if not, post again and we will have a look at the problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12