TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314

Thread: T2 FM: Death's Turbid Veil (2nd September 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    where can i get the key for the library and for mine?
    investigate the crime scene

i can't understand what you mean

there was a crime committed on the property

yes but what is the connection between the crime and the keys?

and where can i find the crime scene

a scroll mentions where it is and how to get in. its tricky, but don't give UP

i have strange message about a bird a knife and a tower but

go to the stairwell around the corner from the blocked off room. frob the switch above the chair

Many thanks for your patience but i surrender . i got the key of the library and of hte bedroom, but it doesn't help on much for the other goals

again, don't give UP

Can someone tell me how to get to the water crystal on the ceiling in the crypt. I tried jumping but I can't make it.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Can someone tell me how to get to the water crystal on the ceiling in the crypt. I tried jumping but I can't make it.
    I did not write down anything concerning this in my notes. I noted, though, that there are sometimes pieces of wood at the ceilings, suitable for a rope arrow. Did you check for this in the room with the water crystal?

No, there are none. I read a post about jumping from the coffin, but that doesn't work.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

I'm having some serious problems which I think are caused by the wacky scripting this level uses. Is NewDark usually backwards compatible with FMs made for earlier versions of NewDark? The level works fine bar some framerate drops at first but once I meet Oswin it gets all screwy. I start warping through objects, npcs go invisible on and off, and combat becomes very messy. I've tried to soldier on despite it but the level is essentially impossible to beat with these bugs. I've restarted several times and also done a full game reinstall and it always ends up this way. I've never had any problems like this in an FM before.

I still are hoping for a straight answer.

@Gloria Creep:

What you read does work, but it requires good co-ordination. I need both hands. I take a running jump off Gadros' tomb using 2 fingers of my left hand and grab it via the mouse with the other hand.

Cataphract - I'm not sure I'm afraid. I replayed the mission to check a bug not long ago on latest New Dark and didn't have any problems. I've seen the odd script problem but nothing like what you're describing. Sounds like the whole game has gone screwy.

Gloria - here is a video showing the jump and frob required to grab the water crystal:

I also just checked how to get the water arrow with NewDark v1.27, and it worked on most attempts. I did almost the same as ffox, but pressed the right mouse key (meaning "grab" in this case) repeatedly and as fast as I could to increase my chance of obtaining the water crystal. However, the player also needs a good timing with that jump, otherwise he/she may still miss the crystal. I usually "feel" when it's the right time to jump while running, but it can be difficult, depending on the player, the lag of slower computer systems, or the exact placement of whatever the player is supposed to grab while flying through the air. It seems, though, that this placement is not as problematic here than it is in some other fan missions I dimly remember.

It may also help to already look up into the direction of the crystal before starting to run. I usually do that.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    I'm not sure I'm afraid. I replayed the mission to check a bug not long ago on latest New Dark and didn't have any problems. I've seen the odd script problem but nothing like what you're describing. Sounds like the whole game has gone screwy.
    Okay, precisely I'm currently using the GOG version, with the GOG patch, NewDark 1.27, NewDarkloader, and the enhancement pack you suggested. I wasn't using the enhancement pack at first so I know it's not that. It has to be some aspect of the combination of stuff I am using, but I have no idea what. And it ONLY starts after I read the journal.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Please upload a savegame. The last one is okay.

Ore Objective

Feeling kind of silly here, I've been looking around forever for the ore. I found a bunch of chunks of it in the mine I thought were ore and I grabbed them all plus book, but it doesn't seem to have checked off the objective. Am I missing something?

If you've picked up two chunks of ore and the foreman's book from the table in the mine, the objective should indeed have checked off. Have you dropped any?

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    btw, I was looking into the Pavoni issue some weeks ago. Here's my notes
    1. Frobbing book 1587 teleports Pavoni again and again. Looks like a scenery from Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    2. Pavoni sometimes is falling into the hole in the floor. It's easy to lure him there. He will drown.
    3. Marianne sometimes gets astray. I was setting game_mode_backup 0, then she was gone (I didn't touch her). Found her at 273/290/-9889. She's falling through the solid. Same thing might happen after reloading. I don't know.
    3. Pavoni has M-AlertCapHigh and also a Aiwatchobj-link to the player (command: become hostile). Not sure whether this might be an issue to receive this command over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    If you've picked up two chunks of ore and the foreman's book from the table in the mine, the objective should indeed have checked off. Have you dropped any?
    Yup I picked it all up, it must not be checking off the objective for me. I love your mission! A little sad I can't complete it because of the bug, but maybe I'll try replaying it and see if I have the same issues. I loved it none the less, especially FLAME SWORD!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    btw, I was looking into the Pavoni issue some weeks ago. Here's my notes
    3. Marianne sometimes gets astray. I was setting game_mode_backup 0, then she was gone (I didn't touch her). Found her at 273/290/-9889. She's falling through the solid. Same thing might happen after reloading. I don't know.
    I just finished the mission, and towards the very end she kept falling through the ground on reload. Eventually I managed to catch her on the few frames she stayed above the ground. One of the tensest moments in the mission.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314