TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 49141516171819

Thread: THREAD OF HYPE

Note that Void Bastards has no saving at all, besides if you quit the game you can return to where you were last. From what I've been hearing, its far more in the vein of Mooncrash than System Shock 2.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Out in September.

I wonder if this Spiders will finally be able to transition from Euro-jank low budget, questionable quality RPG developer to critical acclaim with this title? Greedfall seems to have had a longer dev cycle than their past titles.

Level 10,000 achieved

ITS TEH E3 BABBY

And EA has shown off the new Jedi game.

Watch and judge for yourself. I'll be judging for myself, right now. It looks like a bog standard modern third person action game. It's got the same kinda Jedi combat we loved in the olden Jedi Knight games, but, uh, not much seems to have changed in the 20 years since those games. Respawn blew me away with the Titanfall 2 SP campaign, and I was hoping to be similarly amazed here, but this all just looks so ordinary. I hope they're just holding back the good stuff.

Looks linear and cinematic. Excessively so.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I am watching the MS E3 livestream.

Like a NERD.

This really happen:

Outer Worlds looks like a GOOD TIME.

Ninja Theory is making some multiplayer thing WHYYYYYYYY

Ori game look good.

Minecraft something something sorry I wasnt paying attention.

Phil Spencer is on stage talking about how much he loves being on stage at E3. I am SO HAPPY for him.

Oooooh more Jedi footage. In trailer form.

New Blair Witch game looks like AAA Slenderman.

CYBERPUNK FUCK YES

KEAAAAAAANNNUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Cyberpunk release: 4.16.2020

Battletoads looks about as unimaginative as it could get.

Also a bunch of other indie trailers are happening.

THE YOUTUBE STREAM IS FREEZING AND IM MISSING ALL THIS QUALITY CONTENT >:|

XBOX GAME PASS FOR PC AND APPARENTLY THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION ISCOMING TOO

LIKE TODAY I THINK?

ONE HUNDRED GAMBS!

New MS Flight Sim!

AN EMBARRASSEMENT OF GAMBS

Age of Empires 2? Ok sure!

Wasteland 3!

MY CUP FLOWETH OVER WITH GAMBS

Double Fine is at MS now. Psychonauts 2 baby!

Lego star wars, dbz, other stuff...

Is this over soon I need to go sleep

12 Minutes might be amazing.

Gears 5 will have GAME MODES

And also Terminators. For some reason.

XBOX GAMB PAD JUST GOT MORE ELITE.

They put a car on the stage for the Forza Horizon 4 Lego DLC presentation is that even LEGAL?!?

FROM/GRRM collab has weird, compelling imagery!

Phil is talking about the Xbox one 2 or whatever. I think Iíve seen the best stuff now Iím going to bed.
    Last edited by henke; 9th Jun 2019 at 17:25.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Ok now that trailers for everything is up, here's a couple things to get HYPED about.

The only MS Flight Sim I've been into was MS Flight, that free, somewhat simplified one they did about a decade ago or so. I appreciated it's balance between simulation and accessibility. I do want proper flight physics, but I also want the controls simple enough to fit on a gamepad, and since this is coming to XBox it's safe to assume that's exactly what this is gonna be. Hoping they include VR mode as well.

:U

Just started watching e3 today:

EA:

* Star Wars - Fallen Order looks fantastic

The rest of their presentation was meh.

Microsoft:

* Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Can't wait for this one.
    * Cyberpunk 2077 - Fuck yeah. And Keanu Reeves wtf. Release date finally announced of 16.04.2020.
    * Battletoads looks great. Very cartoon-like.
    * Halo Masterchief collection coming to PC. Going to get me some of that. The PC actually gets some attention in this presentation for the first time. Wow.
    * New Flight simulator game coming. Wow. Did not see that one coming.
    * Age of Empires 2 definitive edition. Nice.
    * Wasteland 3, looking alright.
    * Double Fine Productions joins Microsoft. I'm sad about this one. Every single good KS related company has been bought out. That's really sad. Psychonauts 2 looks great.
    * Borderlands 3. Ooooh yeah.

Bethesda:

* Problems with Fallout 76 mentioned, though I think an apology for the game being released in the state that it was should have been given. Their FINALLY adding actual damn NPC's to the game. Yay. Man the crowd loves Bethesda. Wow. No boo's or anything. Battle royale coming. Oh no.
    * Ghostwire - Could not understand nearly anything the devs were saying about this game at all. Very bad English.
    * Commander Keen - Oh no. Oh god no. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

They managed to fuck up Commander Keen. Nooooooooooo. Another damn mobile game re-imagining of a classic franchise. They turned Commander Keen into Worms. WHAT THE FUCK. That game looks terrible.

* Robert Duffy looks terrified on stage, during the discussion of mods in Bethesda's games.
    * Doom Eternal looks awesome.
    * They had to have paid half the crowd for this conference. They went mental, cheering like crazy for everything.

PC Gaming Show:

* Smaller show compared to the others which is fine. Always been like that. Very nice amount of indie content, compared to the other shows that I've watched so far.
    * Evil Genius 2 - Some will be very happy about this one. Me, I don't care too much. Still need to play the first one.
    * Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 - Looking great.
    * Starmancer - Interesting looking game. Looks super similar to a game I backed on KS a short while ago.
    * Midnight Ghost Hunt - Interesting multiplayer action game. Very impressive that it was made by 1 person.
    * Mutant Year Zero - Seed of Evil - VERY X-COM-like. Looks good.
    * The Age of Wonders Planetfall interview is a bit cringe worthy. Game looks pretty good.
    * Shenmue 3 - One to look forward to.
    * Songs of Conquest - A Heroes of Might and Magic style game. This looks great, in an old school sprite kinda way. Really nice art style. Love these sorts of games. I want this one.
    * Vermintide 2 Versus - Nice. Another really good looking game.
    * Ancestors - The idea behind the game of starting out as apes, and working your way through the ages up to a point. Developed by one of the original creators of Assassin's Creed.
    * Valfaris - Dayam. If you like 2D shooters like Contra (like me), then is one to watch. If it turns out to be a Metroidvania I'm sooooooo getting it. Looks great.
    * Borderlands 3 - Looking good. In depth details on the game given.
    * Telling Lies - Done by the same people as Her Story, and a similar kinda FMV game. Except 4 characters this time. Looks like a game I might be interested in.
    * Baldurs Gate 3. Enough said.

Ubisoft:

* Watch Dogs 3 - Hell yeah. A must get. Looks great.

Square Enix:

* FF7 Remake - Woah. This game looks fantastic. A fair bit of gameplay shown.

Nintendo:

* The Dark Crystal Tactics - Damn I want this one.
    * Trials of Mana (aka Secret of Mana 2). Finally an official English version. Nice.
    * Breath of the Wild 2 - Zomg

E3 Winner so far for me - PC Gaming show. Wow. This is the first year where the PC Gaming Show had all the best stuff. Microsoft's show was pretty good as well. But just looking at the amount of good games shown in the PC show it wins by a mile. Show this year was excellent, compared to years prior.
    Last edited by icemann; 12th Jun 2019 at 13:11.

Thing What Kicks
    Hmmm, doesn't seem like MS have learned their lesson with the Elite Controller 2.

The first edition, while very nice to use, had a couple of very bad manufacturing problems. One, a lot of people reported problems with the left stick. Mine was okay for the most part, but suffered from an annoying tendency for the stick to register an input in the other direction when released; it springs back a little too heavily. For most games, it's not noticeable, but for precision platforming in 2D games, it's incredibly annoying.

Of more concern, and affecting pretty much every owner of the pad, is the fact that the rubber grips warp and begin to peel off after about a year's use.
    And because they're rubber, they will never go back in to place properly. The only solution is to buy a third-party back panel replacement, but these never replace the complete grip and are a right faff to fit anyway.

Looking at the new pad, while the rubberized grip looks to be one piece as opposed to the 2-piece design of the first pad, the problem remains that it's still rubber.

But a testament to just how good the original pad was despite those flaws is that it's still my pad of choice, above the original 360 pad, the PS4 one and the Switch Pro controller.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    * Double Fine Productions joins Microsoft. I'm sad about this one. Every single good KS related company has been bought out. That's really sad. Psychonauts 2 looks great.
    MS have said that they'll give all of their acquired studios creative freedom. They likely saved Obsidian and they've given financial stability to Double Fine and InXile.

MS will be wanting their first parties to keep pumping out content to make Game Pass subscriptions a consistently high value proposition, so that means a need for smaller scale projects and niche genre ones to attract diverse audiences. It's a win for everybody.

Movie theatres are dying for all but big studio blockbusters. The likes of Netflix and Prime Video have given lower budget and/or niche audience films a means of distribution and accessibility in the current market. Game Pass will do the same for niche audience games like hardcore PC RPGs.

Theaters are dying? They still get big numbers over here. Nothing beats the cinema experience. Drive in's are pretty good on occasion as well. The last time I recall going to the movies and seeing barely anyone in the cinema was when I went to see "We are Your Friends". The rest all had good numbers. Perhaps in the U.S that's the case, but they are still thriving over here.

On DF, it was more as all the major players on Kickstarter have all been bought up now. Harebrained, Obsidian and now Double Fine. Going by history, the takeovers of smaller companies in the long run has in nearly all cases led to the eventual loss of what made those companies so great. Origin, Bullfrog, Westwood, Rare etc. All went in with the best of intentions, and all thought they'd stay more or less the same, but with greater financial stability. All over time changed. Even more recent examples like Blizzard over time changed into something very different after the Activision takeover after some time had passed.

Not to say that Double Fine will change, but I'm just going from history. I wish them all the best honestly. Psychonauts 2 looks great, and I hope that the other companies I mentioned keep their independence and continue to make great games.

Origin, Bullfrog, Westwood
    Spot the common denominator.

Chakat sex pillow
    As nice as it would be for the indies to stay indie, I think having a steady flow of income is better than facing down cold despair every financial year over how they're going to pay their staff, especially if they're full-fledged companies with P&L margins to maintain and not garage devs making games in their spare time. Kickstarter income isn't exactly a steady stream of funding.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Watch Dogs: Legion is sounding great, IMO. Ya boi Clint Hocking is back after a decade of doing nothing at Valve and Amazon. Welcome back, Kotter.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Theaters are dying? They still get big numbers over here. Nothing beats the cinema experience. Drive in's are pretty good on occasion as well. The last time I recall going to the movies and seeing barely anyone in the cinema was when I went to see "We are Your Friends". The rest all had good numbers. Perhaps in the U.S that's the case, but they are still thriving over here.
    The middle-market financing and distribution avenues are falling away gradually. Eg Disney has shutdown Fox Searchlight. The cinema is slowing becoming the place almost exclusively for Hollywood blockbusters.

On DF, it was more as all the major players on Kickstarter have all been bought up now. Harebrained, Obsidian and now Double Fine.
    Quote from a recent email I got from InXile as a Wasteland 3 backer.

In addition to the return of Scotchmo and an extended look at the post-nuclear landscape of Colorado, weíre announcing a new launch window of Spring 2020. Thatís down to the fact that, thanks to our relationship with Microsoft, weíre able to hire more staff and spend more time realizing our vision for Wasteland 3. All in all it means a little more time to get things right and deliver the experience we want, and the one we know you expect.
    https://www.fig.co/campaigns/wasteland-3/updates/922

Well I hope it turns out good. Something was off with Wasteland 2.

Can't believe the PC Gaming Show had the best stuff this year. Though I've yet to watch the Ubisoft and Nintendo conferences.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Here's a handy listing of all the E3 trailers: https://2019.e3recap.com/

Level 10,000 achieved
    Just watched the Nintendo Direct. Not much interesting. Besides, that is, BREATH OF THE WILD TWOOOOOOOO, BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Just watched the Nintendo Direct. Not much interesting. Besides, that is, BREATH OF THE WILD TWOOOOOOOO, BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
    I thought it was pretty solid overall. Nothing absolutely mindblowing, but it was interesting. There were a few good new games, some interesting remasters (PANZER DRAGOOOOOOOON), and of course, like you said...

SEQUEL OF THE WILD!

Though the biggest, most shocking surprised was Witcher 3 for the Switch. From the very brief presentation they showed, it doesn't look nearly as gimped as I thought it'd be. It'd be worth buying simply for the technical achievement it represents.

Come on Animal Crossing, with co-op! Thats the best takeaway from the nintendo direct.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Though the biggest, most shocking surprised was Witcher 3 for the Switch. From the very brief presentation they showed, it doesn't look nearly as gimped as I thought it'd be.
    Huh, I was expecting a more G-rated version of Witcher 3 after seeing the trailer in the Direct. Notice the difference between that one and the one you embedded? Guess Nintendo simply didn't want danging corpses in their family-friendly show.

Chakat sex pillow
    They've got Doom on the Switch, so Nintendo's not averse to mature releases on their platform these days.

Can't stop laughing my ass off at this:

Sums up the Bethesda conference.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Control is looking good IMO. Looks like Quantum Break but this time it's a Metroidvania-esque formula title, rather than a strictly linear story like every past "big" Remedy game.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    SEQUEL OF THE WILD!
    They should try not to make an empty, boring world this time. (They probably won't since I feel like they're just gonna copypasta BotW's world.)

Hopefully they'll make some actual dungeons this time around, not just shitty motion control boulder puzzle shrines.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 16th Jun 2019 at 04:58.

E3 was bad; half of it was useless CGI teasers, the rest was corporate talk, an awful audience paid to cheer and a lot of remakes and ports.
    Nevertheless, the list of games I'm interested in:
    • Zelda BOTW 2
    • Genesis Noir
    • Mosaic
    • Boneworks
    • Espire 1
    • Carrion
    • Fall Guys
    • Ghostwire Tokyo
    • 12 Minutes
    • Psychonauts 2
    • Flight Simulator
    • Cyberpunk 2077
    • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
    • Sky: Children of the Light
    • Stormland
    • Blasphemous

I can't fathom how they can still make watch_dogs games, this one was particularly painful to watch.

SpaceEngine has a Steam version now. I've been playing with this and following its development on the forums since the very early days, so I'm happy to see it reach this level. It looks better than ever.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 49141516171819