TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213

Thread: T2 Mission : "Les Paolis" updated to V. 1.3 (updated in 04-01-2021)

That's why FM creators put release date in title of their threads.

Yes, but it also says "updated" in the title, so my first thought was an update came out. I doubt everyone can remember what version is the current one for every FM and I doubt people read the whole description till the end.
    But oh well, it was just a suggestion.

The mission was updated to V1.3, see new changes in first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    .....and I doubt people read the whole description till the end.
    But oh well, it was just a suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    The mission was updated to V1.3, see new changes in first post.
    I totally agree with Samantha, the title somehow suggests that this is a new mission, which isn't the case. Actually I think the mission was originally released some years ago. After all that time, releasing an update with some little changes that could have been done a while ago is one thing. To me it seems more like a bit of clickbait...putting your mission on top of the FM forums again and maybe catching the attention of some taffers that weren't aware of this. I think we all know the great feeling of visiting the forum and seeing a thread that says "New Mission" released with a date that's close to today sooooo "yeeeeah new mission yipiiiie". And then its Les Paolis.......V1.3...awesome
    Last edited by Supremcee; 5th Jan 2021 at 18:22. Reason: was a bit harsh
    Thief Podcast - Inside at Last Megathread >>> https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149898

Sumpremcee, i wasn't going to update the mission now, but Fortuni tested recently this mission and pointed me on problem with the loot in second mission, that's why i wanted to fixed that and other problems i came across, and no it is not my intention to make a clickbait , everyone knows already this mission, this is a very small community, and no again i didn't want to put the mission at the top, boy you know me so badly. But i agree it was a bad idea to updated it during the contest release, and will never do it again to avoid having people judging me the wrong way.

there... i have eliminated "new" never though that would lead to confusion.
    Last edited by Cardia; 5th Jan 2021 at 18:13.

Sumpremcee, i wasn't going to update the mission now, but Fortuni tested recently this mission and pointed me on problem with the loot in second mission, that's why i wanted to fixed that and other problems i came across, and no it is not my intention to make a clickbait , everyone knows already this mission, this is a very small community, and no again i didn't want to put the mission at the top, boy you know me so badly. But i agree it was a bad idea to updated it during the contest release, and will never do it again to avoid having people judging me the wrong way.

there... i have eliminated "new" never though that would lead to confusion.
    You are right, I don't know you, which isn't important. It was just my impression, but I appreciate your recognization of what Samantha and I thought, thank you and happy new year

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Thank you two for resolving that yourselves. Let's keep it civil in here - your initial comment was out of line, Supremcee.

Thank you very much for the update of your nice mission pedro, I will replay it this week again!

I personally had no problem with "new FM" in the title. There is so many missions doing that. But putting date of last update instead of original release date is a bit misleading.
    Last edited by Galaer; 6th Jan 2021 at 12:21.

I just finished the 1. mission. I gotta say this time I enjoyed the playthrough alot more, already getting atilaīs helmet was alot easier and less frustrating with the help of the speed potion. This time I also managed to find all the Victrolas. the secrets and, even if barely, the loot goal on expert mode.

Btw the picture of the orcs from dark messiah of might and magic was a nice addition

Now onto the 2. mission.

Hi Pedro, could you please list here the locations of the victrolas in mission 2? Iīm still missing some since the bonus objective didnīt appear yet and I have no idea which ones I could have missed. Thereīs also playing music in the cemetery of the cathedral, is there a victrola somewhere too?

Thereīs also playing music in the cemetery of the cathedral, is there a victrola somewhere too?
    The music comes from inside the cathedral, I think. There is a device playing music in the main room of the cathedral, and there also is a switch to turn the music off. This is not one of the victrolas for the bonus objective, I believe.

Thank you! This is the one Iīm missing: https://postimg.cc/Wh2hjvgB Where is this? Whatīs the name of the street?

Thank you! This is the one Iīm missing: https://postimg.cc/Wh2hjvgB Where is this? Whatīs the name of the street?
    That's accessible via the tavern 'Maison au Delerin, there's an exterior area with a couple speaking, to access the upper gardens you need to rope up the wooden beams above this area.

Found it, thank you! Finished with all secrets and 2 bonus objectives.

Found it, thank you! Finished with all secrets and 2 bonus objectives.
    excellent! here's a pic from my upcoming T1 mission, a street in progress, the missions that will be of the same genre as "Les Paolis":

https://postimg.cc/qNXTDcfT

usually i don't host pics before releasing a mission but sometimes i make exceptions.

I appreciate the update for "Les Paolis" as I always loved putting hours into getting lost with the level design of these missions, but was it intended for you to trigger the hidden viktrola objective from finding only 10 out of all 11?

This is the last one I had left to pick up but already had it triggered.
    https://postlmg.cc/w3Dmg2Pm

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostly View Post
    I appreciate the update for "Les Paolis" as I always loved putting hours into getting lost with the level design of these missions, but was it intended for you to trigger the hidden viktrola objective from finding only 10 out of all 11?

Strange, that Viktrola was suppose to be part of the 11 to trigger. Got to check out, thank you for pointing me out this.

excellent! here's a pic from my upcoming T1 mission, a street in progress, the missions that will be of the same genre as "Les Paolis":

https://postimg.cc/qNXTDcfT

usually i don't host pics before releasing a mission but sometimes i make exceptions.
    Awesome, looking forward to it! And donīt exaggerate with the loot goal on expert this time, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostly View Post

That didnīt happen for me though. I had to pick up all 11 for the bonus objective to trigger.

Strange, I started a new game from scratch with the zip file version 1.3 using new dark version 1.27, I am going to do another new replay and see if it was some odd one time occurance then, since you can find viktrolas that are not interactive, don't know if the save file would do any good to check into with but still have one, it sjust been overwritten with an instance after picking the very last one up and being near the end of turning the mission in.

-edit-

I have managed to trigger this bug once more and this time I have a save file, if Cardia needs one but here is a brief explanation of what I did.
    It can spoil quite a lot for new players so I just hide them all up into spoiler tags.

I left the two viktrolas to last, the ones very close to each other on high rooftop, one is near an archer and one is near the spider room, basically I visited ALL other viktrolas first including the one in the bar (with the guy who gives you password) and one on high rooftop next to groovy dancers just to listen to these, I also interacted with the music buttons one found inside the hammerite area and one outside the theatre on top of a fountain to turn them off, should this bit of information be helpful at all.

So conclusion, grabbing the one next to spider first, triggers the objective and I can skip grabbing the one next to archer, BUT if I grabber the one near archer first then I do NEED the one next to spider room in order to trigger the bonus objective.
    Last edited by Ghostly; 8th Jan 2021 at 22:44. Reason: To avoid double post.

Ghostly youīre right, the viktrola you mentioned next to the archer guard was not link to the other viktrolas group, i have fixed that, and updated the mission link. Thank you very much for finding this error

I guess it didnīt happen to me, because I didnīt take this victrola as last one, so I guess I just didnīt notice.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213