TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1 Million Units Contest - A Midsummer Night's Heist (Jan 1, 2021)

Finished in 1hr 10min with 2946 loot out of 3480, with 2 out of 6 secrets. I actually had to go look for more gems when it was done, so loot is quite hidden in this mission.
    I was pleasantly surprised with the quality here! To begin with I was meh, but then I realized it is a very solid design, highly polished with a very clean look. I like the optional ghosting objective a lot. Love the attic vents and the mission overall feels bigger than it really is. Lots of alternate routes around the proper too. Well done!

I finished this mission, missing three secrets and about 1000 loot. I'd like to start over and try again.

It was beautiful architecture, but I particularly liked the effort the author went to in order to make lights cast very distinct shadow patterns. I felt it significantly impacted the overall atmosphere.

One secret was a switch in a recessed place. When I did that in Two Fathers, I kept it even though beta testers told me they didn't like it. I had to come here to get the location, even though I had (I thought) scoured that area. Now I get why my beta testers wanted me to change it.

This overall though was a beautiful, superbly done mission.

Thank you for making the KO limit optional. That way, I could still play on expert and not cramp my "whack 'em 'n stack 'em" playing style.

Kudos and two thumbs up.

Mission layout , design, look and architecture really impressive.

Just finished the Mission. It is a very nice mission.
    Things I liked about it:
    Briefing was awesome (Pictures, Sounds, Voice acting)!
    Architecture of the mansion was great
    Ambient sounds where good
    Nice gameplay with different approaches due to different entrances in the mansion
    Great storytellings in the readables what happened in the mansion that makes the mission feel alive.

Things That I missed:
    Npc dialogues that make the mission feel even more alive (for example servants talking about the mechanists that came recently in the mansion).

Overall it was a great experience 8,8 of 10, thanks for this awesome mission.

This was great fun - great, classic mansion design and nice to see some really OTT use of complex brushwork to make a really gorgeous environment. I ghosted it and had a blast. Crawling around in the attic spaces was the highlight.

Only problem I had was that the zip file I downloaded had a separate sub-folder inside the zip, so I had to manually copy all the files up one level before it would work.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    This mission is amazing.
    Just the atrium itself is godlike, but every detail matters in this mansion. The way objects and lights are placed to create some fantastic shadows, the tasteful decoration and colors, the textures alignment, the organic layout... It's one of the best mansion mission I've ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post

Only problem I had was that the zip file I downloaded had a separate sub-folder inside the zip, so I had to manually copy all the files up one level before it would work.
    The original file that was sent to me is a 7-zip file, but it looks like the one on Taffer's Paradise was modified into zip format, which added the extra folder. This should be changed as I don't think it will work with the various mission loaders that way.

I'm in love with this mission, everything is 10/10, the lighting is especially very impressive and beautiful, it really looks like a warm and clear midsummer night.

If I have to say anything bad at all, the briefing lost me the moment it started, like they usually do and some of the readables were too long and convoluted.

Lord Soth has updated the Taffers Paradise archive for this mission so I updated the OP with a new link.

Finished on expert...another highly enjoyable contest entry. Thanks to all involved in its creation.

Since Cheela has never edited her post regarding secrets, I have no idea if she found last secret. I think it passed enough time to reveal it's location.

Hint: it's in sewer secret room (available also via window).

Direct spoiler: on small wooden beam under ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Since Cheela has never edited her post regarding secrets, I have no idea if she found last secret. I think it passed enough time to reveal it's location.

Hint: it's in sewer secret room (available also via window).

Direct spoiler: on small wooden beam under ceiling.
    Thanks, it wasn't that hard but I needed your clue. It was the only thing I missed except for 1 loot (3479/3480).

This was a very good looking mission! The briefing video was just great and Garrett's voice actor did amazing work. There were a lot of cool details - such as blue light beams filtering through the windows. Also, I liked that it was possible to use various routes to move around in the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    Thanks, it wasn't that hard but I needed your clue. It was the only thing I missed except for 1 loot (3479/3480).
    I suspect you are missing a coin from Front Garden. There are 3 coins in fountain and 1 coin near bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    I suspect you are missing a coin from Front Garden. There are 3 coins in fountain and 1 coin near bench.
    Thanks again, I'd looked around the benches but missed it, it seemed pretty well concealed. Gives me all stats now but failed the optional 2 KO limit, may try again soon with none.

Very nice mission. A lot of fun to explore.
    Loved the architecture and decor.
    Enjoyed it very much.

appreciative of the fact that the "limited knockouts" objective was optional.
    I like to flail away right and left with the trusty frobber. None of this ghosting business for me!

Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    Thanks again, I'd looked around the benches but missed it, it seemed pretty well concealed. Gives me all stats now but failed the optional 2 KO limit, may try again soon with none.
    Coin is in front of bench near rake and watering can.

i should steal the lion's fury. had no idea what i should steal

pelase can anybody give me a hint?

edit

solved
    Last edited by radogoal; 16th Jan 2021 at 09:35.

has this author made any ohter fms?

Maybe.

Playthrough in 4K resolution with all loot & secrets, no KOs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123