TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Patriot: Mission 8 "Detective"

am stuck .. I got the key off the priest , he said follow me and walked to a statue and walked back? wot do I do next ?

Quote Originally Posted by trioptimumscapes View Post
    am stuck .. I got the key off the priest , he said follow me and walked to a statue and walked back? wot do I do next ?
    Hi, he opened a glass window near that statue, but it closed quickly. check it again, itis highlighting and can be opened again

no windows highlight ?? may be a bug

Quote Originally Posted by trioptimumscapes View Post
    no windows highlight ?? may be a bug
    Then, i have no idea, i am sorry.
    After the conversation with the priest, the rightward window should become openable, standing opposite the statue with the green ambient light.
    sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by poronty View Post
    So I'm probably being super dense again, or I just got tired again from running around an annoyingly convoluted level for hours (as has been the case with every single mission so far), but.... what do I do after I get the blue glowing murder dagger from the ruin? There was a dialogue scene above the industrial waste dump lake thing, at the climbable wall that leads back to the town, but my eyes just sort of glazed over from the nth interminable plot dump, so I may have missed some crucial piece of information.
    Just quoting this from the previous page so that it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. Any help is appreciated!

@poronty
    Szia, i don't know exactly what are you looking for, but maybe these will help:
    When coming out of the abandoned chapel, go to almost forward, a little bit to the left. Nearby the remains of a fireplace, you will find a place where some kind of tool, saw or stg is lying on the grass. Here can you go down to a city part. But if you just keep going to the left along the bushes / along the red brick wall, you will end up at a door. Hard to see it because of some big branches. I can't remember it was open or not. . Was this helpful or do you need other infos?
    + in that lower part of the city, you have to find a certain home/door. The dagger will show you the correct place when you are right there - do you remember that building the policeman watched through the telescope?

If you would like to play the bonus mission later, don't forget to visit the alchemist's house and search for a book if you haven't done it already.

@Thiefcat
    Vault? What kind of vault do you mean?
    Last edited by Cheela; 2nd Jul 2019 at 03:46.

need help, so far playing on expert, i've found 12 evidence. where should i go to for more? where exactly is the Candy wrapping? also i can't find anything at the bakery... please full hints

Quote Originally Posted by MayheM View Post
    need help, so far playing on expert, i've found 12 evidence. where should i go to for more? where exactly is the Candy wrapping? also i can't find anything at the bakery... please full hints
    Hi,
    baker's house: there is a book (evidence) behind the wardrobe, can be seen when coming upstairs, maybe the pencil can be used as well if you haven't used the blank paper on the chimney in the inn but i am not sure of it. + a secret: some extra loot in the attic (roping up at dead baker, and go to the sealed part of attic, then behind chimney)

wrapping: Crazy Philip's home, 1st floor, dark room - turning right when entering the entrance door

+ list of the evidences
    I don't know which one have you already found or which ones are missing.

easy to miss
    the drawing : near starting point, there are 2 arched passages on Tommy's patrolling route, there is a climbable vine next to the one of them. ;
    dead bat on the roof: have you already visited that inner garden in the first part? that evidence is above the door, very high up on the roof.
    Last edited by Cheela; 2nd Jul 2019 at 04:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheela View Post
    @poronty
    Köszi szépen! You've been really helpful with these missions, thanks so much!
    What actually ended up happening is: I went back to the ruined chapel, and as soon as I stepped out of the trapdoor, I instantly noticed a trail of glowing blue footprints that I hadn't seen earlier for some reason. Those prints led me directly to the spot in the bushes where you can climb through to the lower part of town. After that, I just kept following the trail, and the rest was easy peasy.
    Last edited by poronty; 2nd Jul 2019 at 06:28.

@poronty
    really? wow. somehow i missed those footprints, they didn't get activated when i was playing... thank you for sharing this!

@poronty
    really? wow. somehow i missed those footprints, they didn't get activated when i was playing... thank you for sharing this!
    I think the scripting of that whole sequence (that starts with you finding the location of the murder and picking up the bloody dagger) was pretty wonky and unintuitive... I faintly remember the superimposed pair of eyes that shows my psychic ability being activated appearing for a few seconds sometime after I picked up the dagger (...?), and that's probably what made the footprint trail show up as well. The author of these levels is just not particularly good at (or simply not particularly interested in) directing the player's attention to important details I think.
    Last edited by poronty; 2nd Jul 2019 at 06:27.

I am stuck in the catacombs tunnel. I got past the maze to a tomb with a lock, used the catacombs key to the lower level, but am stuck in this tunnel. I climb the ladder at the other end, and it's blocked at the top. There are no switches, locks or anything. Any hints???

Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant View Post
    I am stuck in the catacombs tunnel. I got past the maze to a tomb with a lock, used the catacombs key to the lower level, but am stuck in this tunnel. I climb the ladder at the other end, and it's blocked at the top. There are no switches, locks or anything. Any hints???
    EDIT: nvm, had to reload the mission then it showed up, there was a switch there.

@poronty
    The footprints are usually only visible if the murder weapon (the dagger) is drawn by Garrett. If the player sheathes it or selects another weapon, the blue light associated with the drawn dagger apparently should vanish, as well as any visible footprints.

However, I found the blue light effect and the display of the footprints somewhat buggy; if something weird happens, one can try repeatedly drawing and sheathing the dagger until the blue light effect seems to be okay. That cured footprint problems for me as well. Selecting another weapon instead of sheathing the dagger might not work, but "confuse" the blue light effect instead.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123