TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Launching Thief 2x: Shadows of the Metal Age in AngelLoader or FMSel

Launching Thief 2x: Shadows of the Metal Age in AngelLoader or FMSel

This is going to sound embarrassing like a Taffer I've been all this time, but how I do launch Thief 2x: Shadows of the Metal Age in AngelLoader or FMsel as a fan mission and trying to create an FM path that both FM Selectors can recognize in order to run it, basically the setup? I've been running Thief 2X on DarkLoader all this time and I was afraid to even ask since no one uses DarkLoader anymore because it's outdated, I know I know, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by mcmike1489 View Post
    [...] and trying to create an FM path that both FM Selectors can recognize in order to run it, basically the setup? [...]
    Forget about it. Grab 1.1d version for NewDark and play via Fen's Loader.
    T2x v1.1d

Cool, but when I click on the t2x.exe the launcher appears and I click on "Play T2X" at the top right corner and nothing happens, it just opens up the "T2X" directory instead from where I just click on the t2x.exe icon. It's like it can't find the path to launch the executable, hmmm.

Southquarter.com/fms
    The link above is for an ordinary zip file, it's T2X packaged up like a regular FM. Should work with any of the current mission loaders. No exe required.

Also, wrong forum.

Oh ok, thank you. He didn't mention that part. I see now. Sorry, I didn't know where to go to post this help thread. P.S. I just attempted to download the T2X v1.1d zip file again since I made a mistake and now I get an error message saying "Traffic Limit Exceeded" And I only downloaded the file once.
    Last edited by mcmike1489; 20th Jun 2019 at 00:53.

i would say run the newdark version on newdarkloader for most upto date version

Sorry, but I can't download the zip file again, because probably the mirror where the download is coming from only allows a number of downloads I can do before I'm locked out and have to wait hours until I'm allowed to download it again. So, I'll have to download the "exe" version instead and just make it into a zip to play it as a fan mission. I can't find another mirror that has a .zip extension, only a .exe extension is available.

Ok, so I downloaded and installed T2X and created a zip folder and put all the contents in there. When I attempt to play it in NewDarkLoader, the game opens, but sends me to the "Running Interference" mission instead. Possibly the game can't find the path for Thief 2X Shadows of the Metal Age.exe in the t2x.zip folder.

Alright, I finally figured out the problem why it wouldn't start properly. After I created another .zip file to put the contents into the folder itself, it created another folder inside another folder. Neither FMSel or NewDarkLoader couldn't read the .zip folder because the contents was inside a regular folder within the .zip folder. How weird why it would do that.