TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief 1/Gold Jorge texture setting as a default texture in DromEd

Thief 1/Gold Jorge texture setting as a default texture in DromEd

I wanted to give an update from my last thread about DromEd not loading the core textures or just textures in general in a few fan missions I loaded, this is now for Thief 1/Gold. The Thief 2 textures is now working

just fine. But for Thief 1/Gold. However it loads with some of the textures. But some that don't get loaded instead use the "Jorge" texture on mostly walls, not too much on the floor. I did uninstall and re-installed both

Thief games, but how can Thief 2 load all the textures properly, but not the textures for Thief 1/Gold? The level editor works with both games just fine before, but where exactly is the problem within my Thief 1/Gold

installation is causing this? I did tried configuring the cam_mod.ini, the "RES" folder and a few .cgf files to edit, but it doesn't fix the "Jorge" texture problem.

Zombified
    install TG Dromed as instructed in the TFix topic, see whether it works.

Ok and if that fails, I made a backup of the entire Thief 1/Gold directory to just keep it the way it was before it got messed up. The “FAM” folder where the textures are kept don’t seem to be recognized by DromEd anymore. I was trying to configure the “RES” folder but setting up the correct path for DromEd to read is not that easy to do. It’s in the “Darkinst.cfg” file. And the ep2.cfg file I see goes in the “FAM” folder, well in this case, it’s called “EP.cfg” instead.

Zombified
    I have no idea what you are talking about. in this scenario, I recommend creating a proper install that is known to work (as mentioned, you can do that by patching any TG install with TFix, and installing Dromed by following the instructions in the TFix topic to the letter). once you have that, you can try to explain what are you trying to add on top.

Yeah, it's best to do that instead. It may be time consuming but it's worth it. Once it's done correctly, then I won't have to worry about it anymore.

Zombified
    using a patcher is literally the easiest and fastest thing to do, and pretty much the reason why it exists.

Re-installing TFix 1.26a for Thief Gold would be the best option to replace all the bad files and make a new updated install.

Zombified
    if that was a question, then the answer is "yes".

Another way to make sure that the game is fully working again is to uninstall TFix 1.26a and Thief Gold as a whole and then install Thief Gold and TFix again rather than just re-installing TFix only and not re-installing Thief Gold.

ZylonBane
    McMake, don't ever take a Turing test.

It's mcmike, but ok. Even Benny the Guard shouldn't ever take a turing test either.

ZylonBane
    You don't know what that is, do you.

I just looked it up on Google, it is a method of inquiry in artificial intelligence for determining whether or not a computer is capable of thinking like a human being. Technology at it's best.

Finally figured out the problem with why the textures were defaulting to the "Jorge" Texture, stupid me! For opening up a fan mission in Thief Gold to get all the textures to load properly, I had to create a new "DromEd.exe and edit

the properties of the shortcut in the target and start in path to my Thief Gold directory since DromEd was opening up the Thief 2 resources and textures from the Thief 2 directory. So, now I have 2 separate DromEd icons, one for

Thief Gold and one for Thief 2 linked to their respective directories. It works that way for me. When I installed TFix, it didn't include the DromEd.exe It was only in T2Fix to edit and create fan missions only for Thief 2. Man, well I'm

learning from my mistakes and I apologize for wasting everyone's time helping me trying to figure this out.