TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [Release] Thief Gold ESRGAN Texture Pack

There's an inconsistency with this flower: https://imgsli.com/NDEzMg

The Flowers.png file in txt16 has the same filename as the one in txt, hence this mixture. I'm guessing these are leftovers of EP1, so I'd recommend removing the file in txt16.

Also in that screenshot, there are very visible seams between the repeats of the wallpaper pattern.

I'll fix this.
    But one question - what is the purpose of txt and txt16 folders? Why the 16 difference. What is the priority for textures to load?

txt textures all use the same palette (the default Thief palette), while each texture in txt16 can use its own palette.

A texture in txt16 will override one with the same name in txt.

The difference is mostly legacy. OldDark had a limit to the maximum number of unique colour palettes that could be loaded at once.

There's really no reason to use txt at all any more in NewDark.

ZylonBane
    Even more legacy than that. The txt folder is a relic of when Dark was based on a software renderer, and everything had to use the same palette.

If memory serves, the engine still requires placeholders in the txt folder when you're doing animated particles.

I noticed an error with scrolls in the game. Version used: 1.2b. Game language: German.
    https://imgur.com/a/6bq8ad3
    The problem is gone when I remove the "books" folder from USERMODS. Any ideas?

ZylonBane
    Looks like that font is using the wrong palette.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234