TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: The Last Of Us, Part II

The first Uncharted definitely hasn't aged well. I think that especially the second game still holds up well (and the third, though IMO it's clearly the lesser of the two), if you accept it for what it is and what it isn't. But the first Uncharted isn't one I would care to revisit.

BANNED
    Gameplay is quite fun, but if feels very superficial, very light in comparison to TLOU.

It's only sinking in now. It's going to be a long time until I play something anywhere near as good as that again.

I really loved TLOU2 too, both the gameplay (the amazing level design!) and the story. I didn't even like the first one very much, yet cried like a baby during this!

BANNED
    I didn't cry like a baby but it was definitely emotional.

Abby with short hair was so gaunt. I really felt she'd been through enough hell by then. I didn't want to fight her.

This relates more to the first game, but I saw they cast the two lead roles for the upcoming HBO series. Pedro Pascal (Mandalorian/Game of Thrones) is playing Joel, and Bella Ramsey (Lyanna Mormont, also GoT) is playing Ellie.

Seems like pretty good choices all around. The director is the guy who did Chernobyl, so this could actually end up being really good.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Actually, Craig Mazin who wrote Chernobyl is set to write and executive produce the show. Looks like there'll be different directors for each ep?

“Chernobyl” creator Craig Mazin is attached to write and executive produce the series along with Druckmann. Carolyn Strauss will also executive produce along with Evan Wells, president of game development studio Naughty Dog. PlayStation Productions’ Asad Qizilbash and Carter Swan will also executive produce. Kantemir Balagov is set to direct the pilot. The project is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television. PlayStation Productions, Word Games, and Naughty Dog produce.
    https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/the...ie-1234905508/

Anyway, that's some pretty good talent in front of and behind the camera. Promising.

BANNED
    Not a fan of that Ellie casting choice, at all. Pedro for Joel is not bad though. Interested.

I think she's fine. I think anyone short of Ellen Page circa 2005 probably won't satisfy everyone.

BANNED
    I'm not suggesting a replacement, don't get me wrong. She just doesn't have the right look. I dunno. Let's see. That cover for Princess Di in The Crown seemed weak but with the hair and makeup and great acting she naaaailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    I think she's fine. I think anyone short of Ellen Page circa 2005 probably won't satisfy everyone.
    Correction - Elliot Pager: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliot_Page

I'm aware, but back in 2005, she was Ellen Page.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

They need to put out a PS5 60fps patch for this game already. (That or a PC port, which would be even better.)
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 24th Feb 2021 at 06:18.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567