TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Waiting For Thief 2: Old ThiefGen Posts And Other T2 Nostalgic Shenanigans

Waiting For Thief 2: Old ThiefGen Posts And Other T2 Nostalgic Shenanigans

"Memories, like the corners of my minnnnnddd..."
    Cast your thoughts back to the GoldenAge of Ttlg and in particular to the ThiefGen forum, 2000! What was the burning topic of twenty years ago? Why, the much anticipated release of the beloved LGS title:"Thief 2: The Metal Age", of course!
    "When will it be released"? "When will it be available in my country"? "What the hell are 'vine arrows'"? All these questions and more, graced the hallowed pages of the ThiefGen forum as excitement for TMA reached fever pitch!
    So, grab a tankard of your favourite beverage, dim the lights and join me, your old pal Purgator, as we skip down the merry cobblestones of time and revisit those ThiefGen posts of yesteryear....

Thief 2 out on wednesday, the 22nd
    So how are you going to buy Thief 2? seriously....
    Okay, so what's new in thief 2?
    THIEF 2 out today!
    Do you have Thief 2 already? Brag in here
    A few Thief 2 things I've noticed...
    What the hell are 'vine arrows'??
    THIEF II: The Reload Age
    Is Thief 2 as good or bad?
    To all the braggers!
    Thief 2 is *not* as good as the original.
    For all the people who don't like Thief 2 and commented on how great Thief 1 was....
    My only criticism of T2
    And a very important question indeed...
    New DromEd with Thief 2?
    Last edited by Purgator; 7th Mar 2020 at 07:46.

I've been known to re-read one particular thread every couple of years or so. It is "The Cradle ... Dear God" thread. So not adverse to a bit of nostalgia.

Given it's the 20th Anniversary, I thought it would be fun to see how Ttlg from 20 years ago was looking forward to the release of T2. It's a theme I'm going for.
    I find the Archives here at Ttlg truly fascinating. These T2 anticipation threads are particularly wonderful!
    It's a unique insight into this 'ragtag' group we call a community. Past members have played a very important role in keeping these LGS titles alive, well past their heyday, and it's something I'm very grateful for. I've met some incredible people here at TTlg, and have had the privilege of contributing my own humble work to their various fan missions, projects and enhancement packs over the years.
    Edmund Burke once wrote “society is but a contract between the dead, the living and those yet to be born.”
    Our Ttlg community is indeed still comprised of those who have departed, the present crop of absolute nutters and those yet to join (looking at you, lurkers)!
    What better time to pledge your troth to Ttlg and become a fully fledged community member!
    I will be posting other T2 related media here. If you have found any interesting previews/reviews from 20 years ago in relation to the game feel free to post, be they in Russian, Polish or any other language.

How about this one from 'Lads Mag'/Gaming Magazine, PC Accelerator?

Last edited by Purgator; 7th Mar 2020 at 08:31.

PCZone Magazine 2000

Thief 2 Walkthrough

Thief 2 Advert

Last edited by Purgator; 7th Mar 2020 at 09:15.

Great thread, Purgator Jogged a lot of memories from 20 years ago, and how anxious I was to finally play Thief 2. Perused through some of the threads you linked in the first post, also – a lot of classic TTLG'ers who I hope still lurk these forums from time to time.

Master Builder 2018
    This is awesome, Purgator! Thanks for doing this, it's a great idea. Love reading the old threads, and all the nostalgia.

Thanks, guys!
    Oh, 'Nostalgia' is my middle name these days. I've seem to have wandered into 'Grandpa' territory without realising it. My glasses are thicker, my hair is whiter and my advice is freely given (warranted or not).

From legendary PC Player Magazine (Germany) 2000

Last edited by Purgator; 7th Mar 2020 at 16:09.