TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duck Souls 2: Duck Harder - NOW WITH DLC!

Moderator and Priest
    Semi-spoilers: you can kill the final boss and still do the DLCs. NG+ is something you opt into from the Far Fire, not something that happens after the credits roll like in the previous games.

El Shagmeister

IT IS DONE!

The king is (truly) dead. Long live the king!

Ah, and so is the queen.

I broke my Souls tradition, sadly, as I did not kill the final boss on my first try like in Demon's and DS 1. Oh well.

Thanks for the heads up, Renz. I'll wait for the third DLC to come out and I'll get cracking then! Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    I really do wish FromSoftware tried crafting an engaging story for once just to see how it would turn out. Sure, leave a lot untold so we can speculate and connect the dots with the breadcrumbs given to us by the lore, but in the end a proper story with a beginning, middle and end.
    I haven't played Demon Souls to comment, but as far as DS is concerned, I feel the approach they took there worked really well. There's just enough of a visible story there to help you loosely fit the pieces together. And the world around you, it's inhabitants and snippets of lore revealed along the way, help spur you along to using your imagination to try and make more sense of it. It's a careful balance between being too vague and hammering you over the head with all of the facts. DS2 on the other hand, as Aja mentioned in one of the other threads, is a little too vague and does little to indicate why the player character would be motivated to follow the course of action you take in the first place. If they do ever make a DS3, I hope that they get this balance right again.

I would actually love to see them try to make some other type of game using similar game mechanics. Could you imagine FS making a Star Wars game for instance. Light Sabres and use of the Force

El Shagmeister

I guess DS 1 did hit that sweet spot. That's why I consider it the best of the series, though DS 2 certainly has a lot if interesting ideas on its owns. Despite the vagueness of it all I was quite intrigued at King Vendrick's plight. It is nice to see Lordran and Drangleic sharing the same world.

Seems the player in DS 1 chose to kindle the first flame, hmmm? Though the destroyed Lordvessel in the mansion's basement in Majula makes me think more of the Dark ending. Whatcha guys think?

Moderator and Priest
    Demon's Souls story is actually a lot more straightforward and spelled out for you than any of the Darks. When you start the game, you pretty much know where you're at, what's going on around you, and have a vague idea of an end point. Any type of lore or background info is usually explained at least somewhat by the Monumental or the Maiden in Black.

The only thing it leaves to the imagination is who and what the Old One is.

El Shagmeister

True dat. I meant to say more for the Dark Soul games. Demon's is straightforward, yup. There simply isn't any development, just a "...and it's done." and voila.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12